Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Adam Drury

Now before i start, i was going to post about him before the unfortunate own goal, so hear me out...Adam is a true City legend, but i think his time as number one in the left back position is coming to an end.  His recent performances over recent weeks, both home and away have been disappointing.  His cross for todays goal was brilliant, but that was an exception to the rule, his passing and crossing were poor and his pace was seriously lacking.  This opinion isn''t just from todays game, but over recent form.  We have a man waiting in the wings, i think we should give him a chance and give Adam a rest.

He had a poor game. The OG was a better reflection of his performance than his cross for the goal.

Hopefully he will find his best form again soon.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Now before i start, i was going to post about him before the unfortunate own goal, so hear me out...Adam is a true City legend, but i think his time as number one in the left back position is coming to an end.  His recent performances over recent weeks, both home and away have been disappointing.  His cross for todays goal was brilliant, but that was an exception to the rule, his passing and crossing were poor and his pace was seriously lacking.  This opinion isn''t just from todays game, but over recent form.  We have a man waiting in the wings, i think we should give him a chance and give Adam a rest.[/quote]I started a similar post recently, maybe a little bit harsher than yours, but not many people agree.I am with you 100% and thought todays game would have been a nice time to give Tierney a go, but Lamberts with them in training and i trust his opinion over whose performing well on a daily basis and who he picks

No disrespect PhatCanary, but have you been to the past few games? No way has his performance been that of one considered to that of the best left back in the league, not by a long way.

Love the guy but........

He didnt make a single tackle on Snodgrass on Saturday

and he was no attacking threat at all.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]No disrespect PhatCanary, but have you been to the past few games? No way has his performance been that of one considered to that of the best left back in the league, not by a long way.
[/quote]

Yep been to all the home games and just don''t see where your coming from, and when he wasn''t in the squad we missed him,he wasn''t poor in any of them imo,i think tonight his pass for the goal was world class,the entire team had an off game tonight but to say Drurys time is coming to an end is way off mark,again imo!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]One more post CDMullins and you have hit four figures!! [:D]

I''m a huge Mr Consistent fan however I too sadly share the opinion his days are numbered, he has lost alot of pace recently, I haven''t seen the last couple of games but It''s noticeable and I think this will be his last despite the new contract as the 1st choice left back...great servant though and definately deserves a testomonial

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]One more post CDMullins and you have hit four figures!! [:D]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]No disrespect PhatCanary, but have you been to the past few games? No way has his performance been that of one considered to that of the best left back in the league, not by a long way.[/quote]

Yep been to all the home games and just don''t see where your coming from, and when he wasn''t in the squad we missed him,he wasn''t poor in any of them imo,i think tonight his pass for the goal was world class,the entire team had an off game tonight but to say Drurys time is coming to an end is way off mark,again imo!!

[/quote]Funny how two people at the same games can witness something so very different, we''ll agree to disagree.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]
One more post CDMullins and you have hit four figures!! [:D]
[/quote]

Not noticed that, better make it a good one then............ooooooops

Poor game tonight from both full backs - they looked ropey throughout.

They are still amongst the very best in this division and have been immense so far this season.

Had we stuck away one of those many chances tonight - this thread (amongst others) wouldn''t exist.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]No disrespect PhatCanary, but have you been to the past few games? No way has his performance been that of one considered to that of the best left back in the league, not by a long way.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Funny how two people at the same games can witness something so very different, we''ll agree to disagree.
[/quote]

You honestly think he was that bad tonight then?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]No disrespect PhatCanary, but have you been to the past few games? No way has his performance been that of one considered to that of the best left back in the league, not by a long way.[/quote]

[/quote]Funny how two people at the same games can witness something so very different, we''ll agree to disagree.[/quote]

You honestly think he was that bad tonight then?

[/quote]Yes, and at Leeds and against Reading. I am not the only one evidently.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]One more post CDMullins and you have hit four figures!! [:D][/quote]

Not noticed that, better make it a good one then............ooooooops

[/quote]congratulations [H]

I think I agree with the OP, at least in part. Sorry to say, I think he''s been dicey for the last few games. Just hasn''t quite looked as confident or as in command. But then, I think both the fullbacks have found it harder in recent weeks, as opposition teams have realised we need them bombing on to get any width. Not too sure what the answer is to be honest. Will Tierney be any better? I suppose he''s got a decent long throw, which might, if we continue playing Wilbraham, give us some options.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]

There was a very good reason why he didn''t make numerous challenges on Saturday - Henri Lansbury. The lad offered no defensive protection for Drury and made little effort in the first-half to help out.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]

There was a very good reason why he didn''t make numerous challenges on Saturday - Henri Lansbury. The lad offered no defensive protection for Drury and made little effort in the first-half to help out.

[/quote]

I was always taught football is 1 vs 1 times 11.

And whilst Lansbury didnt offer any cover, Snodgrass was Drurys man and he didnt get near him all day.

Afraid i have to agree with the opening poster. Very poor against Leeds on saturday, and equally poor tonight. I think he is our weak link this season

[quote user="ncfc90"]Afraid i have to agree with the opening poster. Very poor against Leeds on saturday, and equally poor tonight. I think he is our weak link this season[/quote]Just NO.He has had a dip in form in the last few weeks, but at 32 he''s hardly over the hill, is he? In the first half of the season he was his usual consistent self, as he has been for the past nine years. He''s been injured, and hasn''t been playing at the same level since he came back. This doesn''t mean it''s the end of his career, or that he''s our ''weak link''. If he plays badly in the next couple of games, chances are Tierney will get a shot. Can''t really understand the level of criticism aimed at him in general.

He never said he was over the hill or past it, but i have to agree i think he has been poor lately. He''s never been great going forward, but always been very reliable defensively, tonight and against leeds every team they attacked down their right they got past him.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the guy but........

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree entirely, AD''s drop in form has coincided with HL''s arrival.