Sign in to follow this  
ncfc forever

Playoffs At Best

Play offs wouldnt be a bad result but top 2 is there for the taking , last week people had Forest down as certain top 2 and they have dropped 5 points to the bottom 2 sides in a week .

Play offs are a lottery and i dont see us winning them ,very rarely do the better sides come out on top in them .

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Play offs wouldnt be a bad result but top 2 is there for the taking , last week people had Forest down as certain top 2 and they have dropped 5 points to the bottom 2 sides in a week . Play offs are a lottery and i dont see us winning them ,very rarely do the better sides come out on top in them .[/quote]

Agree with you there - however, if we''re not labelled as one of the better teams? We need Lambert to work his magic and inject a bit of new blood to get us over the finishing line. Preferably in the form of a level-headed striker a la Dion. 

I would take a play off place now after first year back. still say we have missed the boat abit in window a bit more bottle needed by the board got to gamble when you get a chance, this is a hard league.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I would take a play off place now after first year back. still say we have missed the boat abit in window a bit more bottle needed by the board got to gamble when you get a chance, this is a hard league.[/quote]Would be very surprised if Lambert doesn''t invest some of that money in a quality loan striker in the next week or so, he can see that Holt and Wilbraham isn''t going to get us promoted!

The whole thing with Forest surely shows how there''s going to be lots twists and turns between now and the end of the season, and the old adage is true that there are no easy games.

I for one would have bitten your arm off at the start of the season if you''d have said we''d be in 5th with 13 games remaining. It is interesting and shows how far we''ve come that now people are almost seeing it as a bad thing.

One thing that is certain is that we do need a decent foil for Holt: having only one striker who scores just isn''t really working. Wilbers/Martin/Jackson have been playing ok at times, and there is more to the game than just scoring, but the truth is that none of our ''second'' strikers have scored in ages and you have to expect that bit more at this level.

We need to get a grip as fans, moaning and groaning like a home draw v Donny is a disaster. Forest drew at home to Preston and Leeds at home to Barnsley, we''ll all have a share of these sorts of results through the season.

We''re 5 points clear of 7th, we''re still in the mix for second, we may pull off a miraculous striker loan signing in the next week but if not, let''s just back the boys because I''m sure we''re going to get a top 6 finish.

OTBC

Feel down after that, but don''t think we will make play offs now.

If we have signed Edwards, whats more apparent is a striker who will nick some more goals!

6 against suffolk

3 against Swans

1 Norwich - not good enough!

Wilbraham would be ok for what most of us thought he was bought for and thats cover for Grant Holt , as a starter he is just a striker you know is not going to score . Very surprised Jackson did not get longer than 7 minutes tonight .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The whole thing with Forest surely shows how there''s going to be lots twists and turns between now and the end of the season, and the old adage is true that there are no easy games. I for one would have bitten your arm off at the start of the season if you''d have said we''d be in 5th with 13 games remaining. It is interesting and shows how far we''ve come that now people are almost seeing it as a bad thing.[/quote]

Spot on.

There is still plenty to play for and an automatic place cannot be ruled out on one bad performance.

Playoffs at best!?!?!? Id love it if we stay in the playoffs, couldnt ask for more than that. automatics would be a dream come true but who wouldnt settle for the playoffs!?

people were saying at the beggining of the season that we didnt even have a championship team, now look at us, 5th in the league and 3 points of 2nd.

people need to get a grip we''ve come a hell of a long way and i am one very proud canary!

[quote user="liamcicada"]Playoffs at best!?!?!? Id love it if we stay in the playoffs, couldnt ask for more than that. automatics would be a dream come true but who wouldnt settle for the playoffs!?

people were saying at the beggining of the season that we didnt even have a championship team, now look at us, 5th in the league and 3 points of 2nd.

people need to get a grip we''ve come a hell of a long way and i am one very proud canary![/quote]The only statement worth reading on here today.Carry on like this and you''ll drive this great manager away.... and kill the spirit of a great group of players giving their all.Get a grip and be grateful for FFS.

3 points off automatic promotion and some arseholes are moaning, ffs, get a grip and grow a pair.

What panks these fans? are..................I tire of them, be gone.

To take a rational approach, I think that you are probably correct, - it will take something exceptional to gain automatic promotion.

I thought that we could profit from the fact that there will be six or eight teams taking points off each other, but then I looked at our own away games - we have some difficult ones. I was comforted by the fact that upcoming home games are easier this half season, but then we bottle it against Doncaster.

If PL can find an effective goal-scoring striker on loan, then I would not rule anything out. Failure to find one could leave us struggling even to get into the play-offs.

Our recent form has not really been outstanding, and but for late goals from the midfield and defence we would probably be no higher than 10th.

If I were the manager of an opposing team, I would ensure the following.

- Norwich are very slow starters usually, hit them hard at first and with a goal cushion keep them out at the end.

- Norwich are over-reliant on Holt, mark him closely and cut off supply, above all go down under his pressure and use his reputation. Mark out Hoolahan and snuffle creativity.

-Norwich like to play the Diamond - use your best andf fastest players on the wings, and practice crossing.

I have not said anything that other managers are not aware of. They are already using some or all of these, as they have sussed us by now.

We have great strengths, especially in creating chances, but unless Holt can convert a higher rate of chances or we find another striker our goal difference is likely to remain ordinary and not competitive.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Teams have sussed us?! That must be why we''ve lost 2 games in the last 18...[/quote]It''s 2 in 19 now! Every team does research on their opponents and has a gameplan for every match they play. Over the course of the season, the cream will rise to the top. We are where we are on merit, and we''re ahead of schedule in our long-term plan. Bring a quality loan striker in and anything is possible. Without another striker, though, I do worry that we might fizzle out a bit.