Sign in to follow this  
ca

Doncaster's Injury List for Tuesday

They had about  9 missing  from their 18 man squad when they played Ipswich last Tuesday but over the week its worsened plus their best player Coppinger tore his calf today and is out for the season and Hird and Friend got injured today too.

This is their injury list as of today

O''Connor, Chambers, Martis, M.Woods, Stock, Brooker, Lockwood, Gillett, Dumbuya, Hayter, Sharp,  Mason  and Hird, Friend limped off today and Coppinger got injured in the warm up so was not used.

One of their fans posted  that their strongest lineup would normally be something like:

Sullivan
O''Connor Martis Kilgallon Mills
M.Woods Stock
Coppinger Oster Hayter
Sharp

Subs:

Chambers, Mason, Dumbuya, Gillett, Brooker, Keegan, Hird

The ones in blue are injured and are all likely to be out for Tuesday, which means they are in a real mess.

Would rather not be playing them like this would you, they''ve lost their last 3 games 3-0, 6-0, 2-0 so they are expecting a thrashing which worries me.

I''m sorry, but if we can''t beat Doncaster at home when the following is the case, then we don''t deserve to finish in the top-half let alone get promoted:

- They have almost an entire XI out injured.

- They''ve shipped 11 goals in 3 games.

- They haven''t scored (apart from an own goal in their favour) for 6 games

I predict a 3-0 win (Hoolahan, Holt, Crofts)

They must surely be looking everywhere for loan players, but how you patch up gaps like that I don''t know. How can they field enough subs?

"Would rather not be playing them like this would you?"It''s the nature of the beast. We''re in a promotion run, so I''d like us to sink them 6-0 to boost the goal difference. Heck I''d take an 8 - 0! Because the way the promotion race is shaping up, goal difference could very well determine who nicks the 2nd spot!!!

Unfortunately that''s football. We also need to recognise we also have a number of players out injured/ill - Lappin, C Martin, Barnett, Rudd - although not as many I appreciate. Such is the way things go.It would also be a good time to do something about our goal difference, as that could be really important come May.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Unfortunately that''s football.

We also need to recognise we also have a number of players out injured/ill - Lappin, C Martin, Barnett, Rudd - although not as many I appreciate. Such is the way things go.

It would also be a good time to do something about our goal difference, as that could be really important come May.
[/quote]

Yes we do have players injured although Lappin and Rudd havent started a game lately so its only Barnett and Chrissie who we will desperately miss.

I always thought there was some kind of rule that if a percentage of your proffessionals were out you could ask for the game to be called off or isn''t that there anymore?

Poor buggers, i genuinely feel for their fans as that''s an extraordinary amount of 1st teamers to have out, you wouldn''t wish that on anyone except QPR, Cardiff, Leeds, Notts Forest, Leicester, Swansea and Ipsh1t.

From our own point of view, i''m also concerned that we''re quickly gathering a serious amount of injuries to our own squad. With this in mind, if we do put a few past them with however long gone i would certainly take Holt, Hooli etc off to protect them as there''s no point risking them further - Lose them and we''re in trouble. May also give some Wilbraham and Jackson a good chance to score, would *appear* to be the ideal game.

Saying that, Donny will probably go on and win 2-0 now - but you get my drift.

[quote user="Alex"]

Poor buggers, i genuinely feel for their fans as that''s an extraordinary amount of 1st teamers to have out, you wouldn''t wish that on anyone except QPR, Cardiff, Leeds, Notts Forest, Leicester, Swansea and Ipsh1t.

From our own point of view, i''m also concerned that we''re quickly gathering a serious amount of injuries to our own squad. With this in mind, if we do put a few past them with however long gone i would certainly take Holt, Hooli etc off to protect them as there''s no point risking them further - Lose them and we''re in trouble. May also give some Wilbraham and Jackson a good chance to score, would *appear* to be the ideal game.

Saying that, Donny will probably go on and win 2-0 now - but you get my drift.

[/quote]

Yes if it was one of those teams we''d all be laughing but as you say you have to feel for the Donny fans, their team started the season well and are now drifting towards the bottom quickly.

Also agree if we are in a comfortable position we should wrap Holty and Wes in cotton wool - just in case

Sorry to synths, but there is a fantastic opportunity to bag a win and strengthen our goal difference here Tuesday night. This Doncaster team currently is not strong enough to compete in the Championship with all their injuries, they haven''t scored in over 500 minutes I believe, and we owe them one after a poor performance at their place.

As someone else said, if we can''t beat this team, we don''t deserve to go up. No game is easy, but this should be as easy as it gets, without getting complacent. We will of course have to make sure we apply ourselves in the right manner.

But we (the fans) also have to be patient if we don''t take an early lead. The only important thing is that we win the game. If we turn up expecting one-way traffic we might make a right mess of it.

Fortunately you can guarantee that PL will drum that into the players; but the fans need the same attitude.

Doncaster or anyone else at FCR on Tuesday represent three vital points and the chance to chalk off another win from the minimum 7 we need to be in the mix for automatic at the end of the season.

In an ideal world we would get an early goal, Doncaster heads would drop and we would go on to win comfortably. Let''s hope we can score early and control the game.

I''ll feel sorry for Doncaster if and when we beat them.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]But we (the fans) also have to be patient if we don''t take an early lead. The only important thing is that we win the game. If we turn up expecting one-way traffic we might make a right mess of it.

Fortunately you can guarantee that PL will drum that into the players; but the fans need the same attitude.[/quote]

Abso-bloody-lutely. Let''s just try and get a win, shall we people? If we go into these games expecting a dicking we invariably end up with frustration and a flat atmosphere, leading to general panic. Now''s the time to keep cool heads - as players and supporters.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]But we (the fans) also have to be patient if we don''t take an early lead. The only important thing is that we win the game. If we turn up expecting one-way traffic we might make a right mess of it.

Fortunately you can guarantee that PL will drum that into the players; but the fans need the same attitude.[/quote]

Was going to post exactly the same thing. If fans turn up expecting to be 3-0 up by half-time and then get bolshy when we`re not, we`ll be in big trouble. Crawley yesterday should show people that nothing`s a "given" in football. I`ll be ecstatic with a 1-0 win.

I feel sorry for them and it looks like they are in freefall as a result. With the top so tight this is a must win game for us and an opportunity to improve our GD. Of course we all know life often doesnt work like that

Looking at Donny''s website, they have a whole section devoted to the "Treatment Table" with a huge list of players and it must be horrific reading if you are a Donny fan. I was gutted about Barnett''s injury as he has been so fantastic, but we are, as people say, still more than able to put out an excellent battling team, as we saw yesterday - we have depth and quality in the squad. It''s always a bit of a lottery regarding injuries or the avoidance of them when you are putting so much effort into your performances, and when a team gets a lot of injuries they aren''t able to rotate players and rest them.

We shouldn''t take anything for granted - who would have seen Scunthorpe beating Forest 1-0 last week is a good example.

The crowd need to play their part - and be patient - Doncaster are likely to stick everyone behind the ball and try and keep the score respectable - and we''re not the best when it comes to breaking down a packed defence - e.g. Cardiff at home

Just had a look at the match report for their match against Swansea, where they only had 34% of possession, not a single shot (on or off target) and no corners. Swansea go the early goal and then coasted to 3-0.

They do have Franck Moussa on loan from Leicester and Jason Euell from Blackpool (who played as the lone striker at Swansea). City have to be careful to not end up like Forest against Scunthorpe though. Just play a solid game and we should be all right.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]We shouldn''t take anything for granted [/quote]

After watching City for over 30 years you learn not to take anything for granted [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

After watching City for over 30 years you learn not to take anything for granted [:)]

[/quote]

I''m still scarred mentally from watching Bradford City (who I think were in the 4th division at the time) knock us out of the FA cup in 1976. I''ve never taken anything for granted NCFC-wise since! [:)] 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I''ve got even more years than you CA and I''m certainly taking nothing for granted on Tuesday or for the trip to Barnsley on Saturday.That said we really do need to get a good points haul from these two games as no one knows what''s around the corner on our own injury front. Points in the bank now may turn out to be the difference in being in the shake-up in May and narrowly missing out.A few goals would be nice but two one-nillers''ll do me......

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]We shouldn''t take anything for granted - who would have seen Scunthorpe beating Forest 1-0 last week is a good example.

The crowd need to play their part - and be patient - Doncaster are likely to stick everyone behind the ball and try and keep the score respectable - and we''re not the best when it comes to breaking down a packed defence - e.g. Cardiff at home[/quote]Exactly.What you tend to find in these situations is that teams will, as you say, put everybody behind the ball and try to stop us playing.  If that works for the first 20 minutes or so they will slowly gain more confidence and belief and it will become more difficult.  It''s happened enough times in the past so patience is essential.

Why are people saying they feel sorry for Donny and wouldn''t want to see it happen to them?We''re Norwich fans, we should be hoping for this to happen to every team in the league so we can  win as many games as possible!!

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Why are people saying they feel sorry for Donny and wouldn''t want to see it happen to them?

[/quote]

Think its the fans that people have a bit of sympathy with rather than the team, as for Tuesday of course we want to thrash them.

Doncaster will park the bus in front of their goal and play to frustrate us, we should (and I believe we will) win this but will be harder than we think.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]Why are people saying they feel sorry for Donny and wouldn''t want to see it happen to them?[/quote]

Think its the fans that people have a bit of sympathy with rather than the team, as for Tuesday of course we want to thrash them.

[/quote]I''m sure absolutely nobody would feel sorry for us.. Yeah it''s unlucky but who cares, anything that makes it easier ON PAPER for us, is a good thing.