Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

In defence of Drury

I know that AD got to far away from the post and let the ball get goals side of him so was at fault.   but RM was standing on the near post and then followed a Donny player who ran forward. AD then went to the front post to cover this position leaving the back post unguarded.

My point is surely RM and ADs job at the corner was to protect the post if so why did RM follow the man and as he did who should have been marking the runner? An all round defensive error in an area that keeps catching us out.

Do we have a natural leader/organiser at the back in the mould of Malky? I don''t think so and I don''t think we''ve had one for a while hence the lack of clean sheets

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Typical, do anything to defend the "legend".[/quote]

Lets be honest in his 381 games for norwich i would say very few of them been poor games, unfortunatly his header cost us 2 points last night. But we never got going and doncaster really pushed on for a goal and it wasn''t like they didn''t deserve it.

p.s. im sure you would defend crofts if he scored the OG.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Typical, do anything to defend the "legend".[/quote]

To be honest my post wasn''t about defending (no pun intended) a particular player it was asking the question if we have we got anybody leading our defence in the same way that Malky used to or that John Terry does for Chelski.

Our goal against record and clean sheets are not particularly good so maybe this is the sort of player we need - is Rob Edwards this type of player.

As for defending the "legend" I wouldn''t swap AD for any other Left back in this league would you?