Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

my Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Spot on Hucks.

Do you think the ''problem'' with our strikers is due to form or quality?

The way I see it...

Chris Martin - could and should be scoring regularly at this level and needs a goal to boost his confidence.

Wilbraham - shows some decent touches but carries no goal threat what so ever.

Jackson - Jury is out. Another player short of form /confidence or has the step up from League 1 been too much for him?

Thanks Hux. Bit cheered up after that, as it sounds as if we were simply a bit knackered & a touch unlucky (it happens) rather more than anything fundamental. Which is not how some of the posters on here saw it. I was beginning to think we''d been mistaken about Lambert all along & would be far better off employing one of the many tactical geniuses out there. But then I remembered one of life''s biggest lessons: the arrogance of those who have never acheived anything beggars belief.

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]even though we were below par we created enough chances to win game yesterday, taking them is a different matter, Holt needs help asap[/quote]

Great report as usual Hucks, and been saying for a while we need another ''proven'' striker to help Holt, god help us if he gets injured, we have nothing up front.  Chrissy wasn''t doing much before he got injured, and Jackson doesn''t look as though he''s got a goal in him, the other strikers about the same.

Oh well, we can only support what''s in front of us, OTBC

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]even though we were below par we created enough chances to win game yesterday, taking them is a different matter, Holt needs help asap[/quote]

Great match report as usual Hucks, agree that we looked a bit jaded and that Holt needs help and have been saying since before Xmas that we need another proven striker at the club to help us out.

We are so close now and might not get this opportunity again for a while so lets splash Mr Foulger''s cash which will surely give us the best chance of getting over the finishing line.