Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

Get behind wilbrham

Weather you like the guy or not. Other then score he''s gone a decent Job, We all knew he was not a 20 goal a season striker.He''s going to keep playing. Personally I am backing him.If everyone starts getting on his case its not going to help the lad. Back him and show our support for him and he will get a goal and I don''t think he will look back.

I agree as said before he was bought as a target man if anything happened to Holt. he is playing alongside Holt because the other combinations have failed badley. If we bring someone in i have little doubt that he will drop back to the bench. He has quite a lot of attributes albeit an eye for goal is not one of them. I agree with the poor mans heskey comments

The best post I''ve read on this board in the last week well said.

Think people need to back him, constant criticism does no one any favours. And to be honest he hasn''t done badly in the games I''ve seen him in.

Should make this thread a watershed and all back him on Saturday.

I hope he is replaced pretty soon for somebody who knows where the net is , just cannot see it happening for him even after he scores one . For me i would start with Jackson every time , he at least used to bang them in in league 1 Wilbraham never has.

well i tell you what....reading this board is like a Ron Atkinson Bingo Card....."the lad has worked his socks off"Lad?!?!The bloke is 31!I am not going to criticise him since im sure he is putting his all into it.....however......if we seriously want  to progress this is the time t grasp at it with both hands,,,,,and an average league one striker will not get us enough goals/points.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]I hope he is replaced pretty soon for somebody who knows where the net is , just cannot see it happening for him even after he scores one . For me i would start with Jackson every time , he at least used to bang them in in league 1 Wilbraham never has.[/quote]

Just read the posts mate. Wilbraham isn''t in the team to score but brings others into play and has so far played large parts in a fair few of our recent goals. Can''t say that with Jackson (who, for the record, I think can still do a job and has a lack of confidence) can we?

[quote user="L4cole"]Weather you like the guy or not. Other then score he''s gone a decent Job, We all knew he was not a 20 goal a season striker.

He''s going to keep playing. Personally I am backing him.

If everyone starts getting on his case its not going to help the lad. Back him and show our support for him and he will get a goal and I don''t think he will look back.

[/quote]

If this is the case, we can wave goodbye to a playoff place.

Wilbraham''s role should never be anything more than coming off the bench with 20 mins to go to act as an aerial nuisance in the box i.e Reading. If it is the itention to use him in any greater capacity than that, we are in trouble.

Yes it would be nice if he were able to score, but it''s not going to happen and we can''t afford to carry anyone. If it really was as easy as buying League one strikers for £100k then everyone would be doing it?

Why are people are so negative I don''t get it. I am sure Martin has had more minutes on the pitch without a goal. No one speaks about him in the same way!There are still 9 other outfield plays. You cant say we wont reach the playoffs because of one player.. who actually isnt playing to badly.

Get behind Wilbraham.......

So you can finish off some of his missed chances........

Seriously though, I think he''s done ok. He''s set up quite a few goals and won a good few flick ons. The only one thing he needs is a goal. 100,000 grand reasonably well spent.

What use are knock downs without a striker who can put them away .If we keep the Holt Wilbraham partnership you can kiss the play offs goodbye , the defenders and midfielders are not going to bail us out every game .Wilbraham should be on the bench untill Holt is either injured or suspended .

Sure there are players i prefer, but anyone who pulls on that yellow and green shirt will get 110% support from me.

Get behind Wilbraham.......

So you can finish off some of his missed chances........

Seriously though, I think he''s done ok. He''s set up quite a few goals and won a good few flick ons. The only one thing he needs is a goal. 100,000 grand reasonably well spent.