Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Our luck has finally ran out.

The thing is if we had splashed the cash in Jan on a proven goal scorer (remembering we did have at least 2 million to spend) we wouldnt even be having these discusions and if said striker hadn''t hit the ground running, well at the very least we couldnt have been accused of having no ambition and giving it a right go. Better to have tried and failed than failed to try (actually better to have tried and succeeded!)

Listen Ernie, I have been calling for investment and ambition for a long time on this board, pariculary when we had Dommcaster as CE who was blowing vast quantities of cash. But now we do have people runnihey are doingng the club who know what they are doing, we have board members like Foulger who are prepared to put some hard earned into the club. We have the best people at the top that we could reasonably expect as things stand so give them a break. Lambert knew that he had £2 or 3mil to spend in January and I believe he would have spent it if he could have got value for money. As it stands he still has the cash and we could well see more coming in, we have seen so many managers wasting money at this club, is that what you really want?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Listen Ernie, I have been calling for investment and ambition for a long time on this board, pariculary when we had Dommcaster as CE who was blowing vast quantities of cash. But now we do have people runnihey are doingng the club who know what they are doing, we have board members like Foulger who are prepared to put some hard earned into the club. We have the best people at the top that we could reasonably expect as things stand so give them a break. Lambert knew that he had £2 or 3mil to spend in January and I believe he would have spent it if he could have got value for money. As it stands he still has the cash and we could well see more coming in, we have seen so many managers wasting money at this club, is that what you really want?[/quote]

I hear what you are saying and agree but I really believe we have missed a great chance of really pushing on that might not come round again for quite some time and if that happens will Lambert still be around?