Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Does anybody else get annoyed when...

You hear people (including Lambert) saying things such as ''people need to remember how far we have come, 18 months ago we were in the bottom half of League 1''? We are where we are now. We have been in the top 6 for months and have been as high as 2nd. You may aswell say ''5 years ago we were in the Prem'' or ''18 years ago we were in Europe''. We can, with the signing of a decent striker, get this club back where it belongs, the Premier League, not League 1 as some people seem to think after a season down there.

He''s trying to lower expectations, as realistically this season we have over-achieved.  Too much expectation is a bigger threat to us reaching the playoffs than Leicester / Hull / Burnley etc.

We have no more right to be in the prem than any other team in the champ really (although if you''re purely talking size / fanbase, then you could cut that down to maybe 10-12 teams). Expecting back to back promotions is unrealistic and will ultimately result in failiure - whereas getting beind the team and not expecting too much might result in the unexpected...

I agree!!!, this is a different set of players to the gutless shower of sh!tes who were playing for us back then and a different manager, where we were 18 months ago has nothing to do with where we are now an I just get the impression people trot this line out as a ready made excuse after a bad performance.

We are in a playoff place NOW and are still in the mix for promotion. Its almost as if we don''t believe we''ve the right to be here because of our rapid rise, but just forget that o concentrate on this great opportunity.

We are and long may it continue :)

I just hope expectations don''t get too high and add unnecessary pressure

We didn''t lose so the run goes on!

[quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.

Whys that then, the League table and stats dont lie.

Regardless of where we were last year, this year we are the 5th best team in the League.

and tonight we were playing not just the 18th best team in the league, but the 18th best team in the league without 16 players.

Now if we have any aspirations of going up, we should be expecting to beat them!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Regardless of where we were last year, this year we are the 5th best team in the League.

and tonight we were playing not just the 18th best team in the league, but the 18th best team in the league without 16 players.

Now if we have any aspirations of going up, we should be expecting to beat them!

[/quote]So Forest aren''t going up, because they drew at home to Preston and lost to Scunthorpe. And Leeds lost 6-4 at home to Preston, so they won''t be going up either. It''s a crazy division, with crazy results all over the place. Tonight we played badly against an inferior team, and dropped points we shouldn''t have. But two defeats in the last 19 isn''t such bad form, is it?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
So Forest aren''t going up, because they drew at home to Preston and lost to Scunthorpe. And Leeds lost 6-4 at home to Preston, so they won''t be going up either. It''s a crazy division, with crazy results all over the place. Tonight we played badly against an inferior team, and dropped points we shouldn''t have. But two defeats in the last 19 isn''t such bad form, is it?
[/quote]

I never said tonights result ment we wouldnt go up,

But it was a game we should have won and had every right to expect to win it!

Yeah but with expecting wins comes over-confidence and arrogance... Then comes the fall.  I''m sure Forest expected to beat Scunny and Preston, but would they have picked up more points without that burden coming through from the crowd?

Maybe it''s all a double edged sword :)

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.[/quote]Typical response from somebody who will stand by their managers decision no matter how tactically inept that decision might be.Do you think it was a good decision that Lambert chose to keep a so called striker on for 90 mins (again) who couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo and would probably find it hard going at the likes of Dereham Town? Do you also think it is good tactics and management that Lambert keeps playing Fox (a player who can''t tackle) at the base of the diamond and other players in the midfield out of position to accomodate him in the side?For me that is poor management a deserves criticism whatever the managers previous record of getting results is.

Sorry but if you watch the interview with Lambert you might realise that he didn''t really believe a lot of what he was saying. I don''t have a problem with that if it means that his private rant with the team is sincere and lets them know what a lacklustre performance that most of them put in and the chances not taken up front. Thats just thinking about the best way to motivate the team, a better performance will be enough to motivate us.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]So Forest aren''t going up, because they drew at home to Preston and lost to Scunthorpe. And Leeds lost 6-4 at home to Preston, so they won''t be going up either. It''s a crazy division, with crazy results all over the place. Tonight we played badly against an inferior team, and dropped points we shouldn''t have. But two defeats in the last 19 isn''t such bad form, is it?[/quote]

I never said tonights result ment we wouldnt go up,

But it was a game we should have won and had every right to expect to win it!

[/quote]I think Lambert expects to win every game - when was the last time you saw us sit back and play for a draw? Over the course of 46 games, you will have unexpected disappointments, and unexpected successes. Whether we can or should ''expect'' to win, lose or draw any game is entirely irrelevant, especially in this division. Fact of the matter is, we haven''t lost two games in a row in more than 18 months, and only two of the last 19. Stop stressing!

Nobody gets everything right though, otherwise we''d win every game.  Overall he''s got a lot more right than wrong, and a hell of a lot more right than most would have.  I''ll reserve my criticism for when we''re underachieving overall. 

Maybe Wilbraham will hit a hat-trick next week ;-)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.[/quote]Typical response from somebody who will stand by their managers decision no matter how tactically inept that decision might be.Do you think it was a good decision that Lambert chose to keep a so called striker on for 90 mins (again) who couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo and would probably find it hard going at the likes of Dereham Town? Do you also think it is good tactics and management that Lambert keeps playing Fox (a player who can''t tackle) at the base of the diamond and other players in the midfield out of position to accomodate him in the side?For me that is poor management a deserves criticism whatever the managers previous record of getting results is.[/quote]It''s not what you say, Smudge, it''s the way that you say it. I can see the logic in the points you make - I would also add that it seems strange to play two big six-foot-plus strikers up front when you have a narrow midfield and no wingers to whip balls in for them. Considering what Lambert has achieved so far, and what can still be achieved this season, criticising his tactics so vehemently just smacks of ingratitude.But it''s so easy to snipe from an armchair, isn''t it? As our dearly beloved Mr Roeder would have said, "I don''t recall your tenure as Norwich City manager."

[quote user="Gibbo"]

Nobody gets everything right though, otherwise we''d win every game.  Overall he''s got a lot more right than wrong, and a hell of a lot more right than most would have.  I''ll reserve my criticism for when we''re underachieving overall. 

[/quote]Wilbraham will never hit a hatrick.Yes Lambert has got more wrong than he has got right.  Still doesn''t mean that he should not be criticised when he is geting things wrong.How much longer do you think we should give Lambert, before criticising him for picking Wilbraham and leaving him on the pitch for 90 mins week in week out despite him contributing little or nothing to the team?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gibbo"]

[/quote]Wilbraham will never hit a hatrick.Yes Lambert has got more wrong than he has got right.  Still doesn''t mean that he should not be criticised when he is geting things wrong.How much longer do you think we should give Lambert, before criticising him for picking Wilbraham and leaving him on the pitch for 90 mins week in week out despite him contributing little or nothing to the team?[/quote]I hope you mean Lambert has got more right than he has got wrong?Your terminology is the problem here, Smudge. You''re talking about ''criticising'' Lambert for ''getting things wrong'', rather than suggesting that you think it might be better to make X or Y amendment to the way we play. I know you''re never afraid to stick your neck out, but you''re basically saying ''I''m a better manager and tactician than Paul Lambert''. Your CV does not back this up.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.[/quote]Typical response from somebody who will stand by their managers decision no matter how tactically inept that decision might be.Do you think it was a good decision that Lambert chose to keep a so called striker on for 90 mins (again) who couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo and would probably find it hard going at the likes of Dereham Town? Do you also think it is good tactics and management that Lambert keeps playing Fox (a player who can''t tackle) at the base of the diamond and other players in the midfield out of position to accomodate him in the side?For me that is poor management a deserves criticism whatever the managers previous record of getting results is.[/quote]It''s not what you say, Smudge, it''s the way that you say it. I can see the logic in the points you make - I would also add that it seems strange to play two big six-foot-plus strikers up front when you have a narrow midfield and no wingers to whip balls in for them. Considering what Lambert has achieved so far, and what can still be achieved this season, criticising his tactics so vehemently just smacks of ingratitude.But it''s so easy to snipe from an armchair, isn''t it? As our dearly beloved Mr Roeder would have said, "I don''t recall your tenure as Norwich City manager."[/quote]I am grateful for what Lambert has achieved here.  But that doesn''t allow me to get complacent about what is happening in the present day.In football there is a saying which states "that players and managers are only as good as the last 90 mins" and while this may not be true it certainly has some truth in it (ie: the last 6 or 10 games).If we kept managers who had done well for us then why on earth aren''t Nigel Worthington, Mike Walker, Ken Brown etc still here?You are judged on recent performances and results.If Lambert continues to pick the same line up as we had tonight then I can only see disappointing perfromances/results continuing, because there is no hiding from it, that was awful!

I love Lambert and I hate myself for even starting to have doubts about certain things

But I cant understand why Wilbraham as been brought in and become an instant starter, even though Simeon hasnt done too much wrong or had a fair crack of the whip

and secondly

Why were are trying to accomdate Fox where he doesnt really fit in, I love Koreys energy and would like to see him get some game time.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gibbo"]

[/quote]Wilbraham will never hit a hatrick.Yes Lambert has got more wrong than he has got right.  Still doesn''t mean that he should not be criticised when he is geting things wrong.How much longer do you think we should give Lambert, before criticising him for picking Wilbraham and leaving him on the pitch for 90 mins week in week out despite him contributing little or nothing to the team?[/quote]I hope you mean Lambert has got more right than he has got wrong?Your terminology is the problem here, Smudge. You''re talking about ''criticising'' Lambert for ''getting things wrong'', rather than suggesting that you think it might be better to make X or Y amendment to the way we play. I know you''re never afraid to stick your neck out, but you''re basically saying ''I''m a better manager and tactician than Paul Lambert''. Your CV does not back this up.[/quote]Yes that is exactly what I meant... silly me! [:$]As for a CV, you don''t need any CV to note that our own fans were taking the pee out of our wonderful aquisition upfront Aaron Wilbraham this evening.  I didn''t particularly want a striker in January.  I hope those who did are happy with what they wished for?  After all anything is better than the woeful Martin and Jackson right???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.[/quote]Typical response from somebody who will stand by their managers decision no matter how tactically inept that decision might be.Do you think it was a good decision that Lambert chose to keep a so called striker on for 90 mins (again) who couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo and would probably find it hard going at the likes of Dereham Town? Do you also think it is good tactics and management that Lambert keeps playing Fox (a player who can''t tackle) at the base of the diamond and other players in the midfield out of position to accomodate him in the side?For me that is poor management a deserves criticism whatever the managers previous record of getting results is.[/quote]It''s not what you say, Smudge, it''s the way that you say it. I can see the logic in the points you make - I would also add that it seems strange to play two big six-foot-plus strikers up front when you have a narrow midfield and no wingers to whip balls in for them. Considering what Lambert has achieved so far, and what can still be achieved this season, criticising his tactics so vehemently just smacks of ingratitude.But it''s so easy to snipe from an armchair, isn''t it? As our dearly beloved Mr Roeder would have said, "I don''t recall your tenure as Norwich City manager."[/quote]I am grateful for what Lambert has achieved here.  But that doesn''t allow me to get complacent about what is happening in the present day.In football there is a saying which states "that players and managers are only as good as the last 90 mins" and while this may not be true it certainly has some truth in it (ie: the last 6 or 10 games).If we kept managers who had done well for us then why on earth aren''t Nigel Worthington, Mike Walker, Ken Brown etc still here?You are judged on recent performances and results.If Lambert continues to pick the same line up as we had tonight then I can only see disappointing perfromances/results continuing, because there is no hiding from it, that was awful![/quote]Yeah, I agree that was awful. Do you honestly think Lambert believes that Holt, Wilbraham and Jackson is going to be sufficient to get us promoted? I''ve said it on other threads, but he will get another striker in within the next week. The diamond is not the problem IMO, we just had an off-day today. That diamond has been an integral part of the best season of away performances since the early 1990s, and with Surman coming back to fitness the midfield is more than strong enough. We just need a quality striker to play up front with Horse. Meet me back here in a week, let''s see where we''re at [;)]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

I love Lambert and I hate myself for even starting to have doubts about certain things

But I cant understand why Wilbraham as been brought in and become an instant starter, even though Simeon hasnt done too much wrong or had a fair crack of the whip

and secondly

Why were are trying to accomdate Fox where he doesnt really fit in, I love Koreys energy and would like to see him get some game time.

[/quote]Exactly how I feel [Y] and I make no bones about saying that in my opinion these two areas of the pitch have been costing us many points recently.

And I think Wilbraham is getting a lot of unfair criticism, but that''s an argument for another thread and another day!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CDMullins"]But WE ARE THERE NOW, so forgive us for expecting us to beat Doncaster.[/quote]haha abosolutely spot on guys! [Y]An automatic promotion slot has been there for the taking for quite a while now (and possibly still is).  The reason that we are not currently sitting in the top two is poor management in terms of tactics and team selection from the players that we have had at our disposal all season in my opinion.What in gods name does Aaron Wheeliebin (Wilbraham) offer us or the team?  He is possibly the worst striker I have seen in a yellow and green shirt - ranking right up there with the likes of Adrian Coote, Dean Coney and Mike Sheron.Our midfield has been unbalanced in recent weeks to incorporate David Fox in to the team, played out of position to the detriment of the rest of the team at the base of the diamond.  Add to this that we have also had Crofts and Lansbury playing out of position and one of only two ball winners in midfield in Korey Smith rotting away on the bench and it is not difficult to see why we are dropping so many needless points at the minute.I would have thought that Fox would have been ruled out from ever playing at the base of the diamond for us again after the first game of the season at home to Watford.[/quote]Time for a new manager I think, this Lambert guy clearly has no idea what he''s doing.[/quote]Typical response from somebody who will stand by their managers decision no matter how tactically inept that decision might be.Do you think it was a good decision that Lambert chose to keep a so called striker on for 90 mins (again) who couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo and would probably find it hard going at the likes of Dereham Town? Do you also think it is good tactics and management that Lambert keeps playing Fox (a player who can''t tackle) at the base of the diamond and other players in the midfield out of position to accomodate him in the side?For me that is poor management a deserves criticism whatever the managers previous record of getting results is.[/quote]It''s not what you say, Smudge, it''s the way that you say it. I can see the logic in the points you make - I would also add that it seems strange to play two big six-foot-plus strikers up front when you have a narrow midfield and no wingers to whip balls in for them. Considering what Lambert has achieved so far, and what can still be achieved this season, criticising his tactics so vehemently just smacks of ingratitude.But it''s so easy to snipe from an armchair, isn''t it? As our dearly beloved Mr Roeder would have said, "I don''t recall your tenure as Norwich City manager."[/quote]I am grateful for what Lambert has achieved here.  But that doesn''t allow me to get complacent about what is happening in the present day.In football there is a saying which states "that players and managers are only as good as the last 90 mins" and while this may not be true it certainly has some truth in it (ie: the last 6 or 10 games).If we kept managers who had done well for us then why on earth aren''t Nigel Worthington, Mike Walker, Ken Brown etc still here?You are judged on recent performances and results.If Lambert continues to pick the same line up as we had tonight then I can only see disappointing perfromances/results continuing, because there is no hiding from it, that was awful![/quote]Yeah, I agree that was awful. Do you honestly think Lambert believes that Holt, Wilbraham and Jackson is going to be sufficient to get us promoted? I''ve said it on other threads, but he will get another striker in within the next week. The diamond is not the problem IMO, we just had an off-day today. That diamond has been an integral part of the best season of away performances since the early 1990s, and with Surman coming back to fitness the midfield is more than strong enough. We just need a quality striker to play up front with Horse. Meet me back here in a week, let''s see where we''re at [;)][/quote]No you are quite right, the diamond is the formation we are best at playing and has been a huge part of our success.Do you believe that Fox is the correct player to play at the base of that diamond though?  If so then why do you feel this?I would say that you are making yourselves very vulnerable by playing any player at the base of the diamond who does not win their fair share of tackles.  For me Crofts has to be number one choice to start in that postion with Korey as back up.  Against most teams in this league I would say that we need to start matches with both Crofts and Korey on the pitch.  Without them we look far too lightweight in the midfield and are overun there by most teams.  Yes we have plenty of creativity in our midfield, but it is coming at a hefty price in my opinion at the moment.I would also like to see another ball winning midfielder brought in along with a striker on loan.

[quote user="Coelho"]And I think Wilbraham is getting a lot of unfair criticism, but that''s an argument for another thread and another day![/quote]A striker who hasn''t scored and never looks like scoring.... unfair how???Most of us who haven''t kicked a ball in years would''ve hit the target when he pulled his shot wide in time and space tonight.

You just got to love smudger! Remember, he told us how great Jackson and McNamee were and how Hoolahan was PLOP (to use his words) and should be sold........

[:$][:$][:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

You just got to love smudger! Remember, he told us how great Jackson and McNamee were and how Hoolahan was PLOP (to use his words) and should be sold........

[:$][:$][:$]

[/quote]Still missing the Doc are we Lapps? or do you now believe that he has found his level playing for Charlton in the 3rd tier?PS.  Weren''t Ward and Whitbread absolutely shocking again at the weekend and this evening??? [:P]PPS.  I still rate Jackson, although I am sure that you would prefer Wheeliebin?

Aaron Wilbraham... the new Chris Brown??

Since arriving Wilbrahimovic has played a role in at least 2 or 3 big goals for us. He was brought in as cover and his recent starts have been because of Chris Martin''s absence.

As for David Fox... I like the fella and think he''s done a reasonable job but again, When Surman is fit I don''t think he''ll be starting.