Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Will Daley play?

When Lambert first came here, Daley actually got a bit of a run-out, got injured but still retained the number 25 jersey for this year.

He''s also played at least once this year when he came on against Reading.

I think he''s a player Lambert likes, at least in terms of having potential. With Martin injured and in the doghouse, Jackson vastly underperforming and starting to be overlooked and Wilbraham not looking like being the answer, what are the odds Daley gets a few games alongside Holt to show what he can do with his pace?

Wouldn''t be surprised to see Daley get a spot on the bench Saturday, but I get the feeling Lambert has faith in Wilbraham''s ability to win stuff for Holt to get onto

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Stevenage didnt think him good enough for a start , i think that probably says it all .[/quote]

Lappin doesn''t start for us does that mean he is crap?

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Stevenage didnt think him good enough for a start , i think that probably says it all .[/quote]

Exactly, and add to that that their top scorer this season has just six goals so it is hardly as if the competition for places up front was tight.

Daley has potential, but he is not the guy to score the goals to get us over the finish line by any stretch of the imagination.

I doubt a top Premiership club would want Lappin in their side , Stevenage are league 2 and they didnt think Daley was good enough to play for them after getting him in on loan , and now people want him to play in the City side .

I thought the Cody Mac hysteria was bad enough but this is just plain silly.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Lappin doesn''t start for us does that mean he is crap?

[/quote]

What the hell does that mean ?!?, we''re not a league 2 club !

If a player who''s been resticted to two sub apperances for Stevenage in a month should then walk straight into our team ,there is something drastically wrong somewhere!

Blimey, is that your definition of hysteria?

Is it really silly pondering whether a young striker might be given a small chance when most of the other strikers in the squad are out-of-form? Really?

He''ll have to come a long way in a short space of time if he is going to make it.

He''s already 21 years old and only has a handful of first team apps to his name, and no goals at senior level either.

Chris Martin is only about a year older and I think Korey Smith is about a year younger and look how much more of an impact they''ve made at first team level in comparison.

He showed very little of note when he played for us before, except his pace, and many were surprised at Lambert''s faith in him.

Perhaps he has learned from his time on loan. Did he in fact score at all, or did he play very much?

He is almost certainly not what we need at the moment, - a reliable and consistent converter of chances into goals.

He may be one for the future, but I still think we need someone with more experience.

2 brief substitute outings , i would look at it this way if Paul Lambert announced today he had brought a striker in on loan and it turned out to be a Stevenage bench warmer most on here would explode.

If we get to a game where we''re 3 or 4 nil up at half time, I''d say yeah, chuck him on for half hour or so. But I don''t think he''s starting material. Nothing against him though.

bloody hell.

Daley up front to propel us up to the Premiership.....?!?!??!he wouldnt get in the Stevenage first XI. he should be absolutely no where near our  squad let alone first XI if we are seriously attempting to get beyond this league.....what next?!!?! Cody as our number 9????Jamie lad as a super sub?!

I wouldn''t object to Cody McDonald being in our starting eleven at the moment alongside Grant Holt, and I''m sure there are others who feel the same.We have played most of the season with one decent striker, I don''t see how Cody would offer anything less than Martin, Wilbraham or Jackson have in the past couple of months.

[quote user="shiplee15"]I rate Daley and i would love to see him given a chance. I think he''d do well but it may be too risky in the run in[/quote]

Dont want to sound rude, but why on what grounds?  Cause he''s quick?  Or is it because he''s home grown?

I remember the sky sports commentators spoke very fondly of him in last seasons encounter with Sunderland in the carling cup when he played. i also wish Cody was in the squad as he is my favourite player and he has a championship goal to his name against Cardiff on his debut from non league? it''s not just a fluke, he chipped in with goals last season when he played especially away at wallsall. he is a poacher, the one kind of striker we need but don''t have. his work rate is also excellent he gave andrey bikey a good game vs reading in the championship, has a bit of pace and also puts a foot in. really hope to see him next season. really don''t like oli johnson though, he''s a dribbler and can never get past top championship defenders. haven''t seen enough of daley.

From what I have seen of Daley (and admittedly that isn''t a great deal), I would be surprised if he is still in the professional game in two/three years time. He isn''t exactly a kid any more, he is 21, and he couldn''t get a game for Stevenage in League Two and they didn''t want to keep him on.He has pace, yes. But there is only so far that can take a player, and if he isn''t good enough, he isn''t good enough.

[quote user="shiplee15"]I rate Daley and i would love to see him given a chance. I think he''d do well but it may be too risky in the run in[/quote]

What''s this based on? All he can do is run fast. He looked out of his depth against Ridgeons sides in the Norfolk Senior Cup and couldn''t get a game for Stevenage. Complete and utter dross.

[quote user="LeJuge"]I wouldn''t object to Cody McDonald being in our starting eleven at the moment alongside Grant Holt, and I''m sure there are others who feel the same.We have played most of the season with one decent striker, I don''t see how Cody would offer anything less than Martin, Wilbraham or Jackson have in the past couple of months.

[/quote]Agree with this. I think in the long term its doing Cody more got playing week in week out for Gillingham, but he would definitely be useful to us at this stage of the season.