Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Michael Brown's loan falls through

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6778501,00.htmlJust seen this article, Brown''s loan move to an unnamed champ side has just fallen through. I wonder if this has anything to do with us. he is a quality player but i expect Lambert to be looking for a striker as number 1 importance, that doesn''t mean he wouldn''t have made a move for Brown as well. There are a lot of people on here who call for another battling midfielder or for Smith to play.

thanks canarygirl that clarifies that then. Still think he would do a job though, maybe a loan move would be good, add some more bite to the centre of the park, could also allow more for Hoolohan to play a forward role, with lansbury the creator and brown, crofts and surman in the midfield. Obviously he must have a large price tag on him as thats the reason the deal feel through it seems.

And the problem that Forest, in all probability had, is exactly the one City will have in securing a loan of a decent player. A club chasing a promotion place to the Prem will have to pay a good percentage of the wages and a big old fee to secure the services of one of their overpaid darlings.

And I’ve never liked Brown at all. A nasty player prone to leaving his foot in a tackle who is not getting any younger (I suspect he is nearer 35 than 30)

Where would he fit in?  Crofts is better in a holding role, Fox better passer, Lansbury, Hoolahan and Surman more comfortable on the ball.

Not for me thanks, its a striker we need.

I hope not. If we want to play with a player like that put Crofts in. He is an awesome hard tackler and is not as prone to getting sent off (either through excessive tackles or fighting). Also as Brown would be on loan he wouldn''t be as hopeful as Crofts to get us to promotion.