Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Striker possibly on the way in

My source is nothing more than a mate who text me today and he only got this info. Off of a work colleague.

I''ll share what i''ve been informed anyway though because i love being ripped apart for sharing info. From the plonkers on these message boards.

I was told that Norwich are working hard to getba striker in on-loan with a view to a possible permanent deal and are using Simeon Jackson as bait in any deal to sweeten other clubs into letting a stat player go. My mate mentioned 2 players names with one being Adam LeFondre at Rotherham and the other is Adam Rooney at Inverness CT.

Have no more info. Apart from that guys.

2 very good strikers at their level, but a bit of a risk possibly, seeing as we are in need of a striker who can deliver the goods as soon as they are signed. However, I''d much rather any of these over Pacheco and a few of the others mentioned

Id prefer to get someone in on loan who has championship experience, and is proven to score goals in this league... i honestly belive if we get a decent goalscorer who can cut it in the championship level, that we can still challenge for automatic promotion!!

I doubt Jackson will be keen on getting shipped back to league 2 or worse still Scotland , cant see it happening just to bring in another gamble.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]source? rubbish , dream on, waste of a post, boring. only because you love it[/quote]

And this wasn''t a waste of a post and boring? Grow up mate, if you don''t like it, don''t read it or comment on it

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]source? rubbish , dream on, waste of a post, boring. only because you love it[/quote]

And this wasn''t a waste of a post and boring? Grow up mate, if you don''t like it, don''t read it or comment on it

[/quote]

Oh dear. I think I got it, but did have to think for a bit barclayboy.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]ryan please tell me your just joking. it was obviously a bit of a sarcy comment from barclay boy considering the OP suggestion at being ripped apart for his post.on another note, i would be happpy with both, and to Ryan i have seen on a couple of boards that you keep saying we need a proven champ scorer. The problem is they are just not available, i don''t know that for a fact, but if they were available i am sure PL would have made a move by now. A player proven at lower level or another country could do the job, be a bit of an unknown talent in the league in a way and could make a good impact in a short space of time.I dont think this post is realistic just because of the Jackson being used, i am quite sure Lambert would not have given up on him already, unless he is performing dreadfully in training too, but i doubt that because he does have quality too him

Jackson''s time will come, hopefully with us, but, if not, elsewhere. He still has a future in the game and for him to be written off so soon, is unfair.

When Beckford signed for Leeds he came with a big reputation, but that was for scoring goals at a level much lower than Jackson-at Wealdstone! He struggled there at first, he got the games, but not the goals and looked way out of his depth (I hope Leeds Fan Johnny will appear on this thread and substantiate this); when he went on loan to Scunthorpe at the beginning of his second season at Leeds, their fans were delighted!

Beckford got the games and the confidence and had a Manager who told him he would play. The goals flowed, he helped Scunny get promoted, went back to Leeds, carried on in the same veing and the rest is the proverbial history.

Was, or is, Jackson a lesser player?

If its about ability, no he isn''t. He does have it, scoring goals, at any half decent level, requires that ability and skill, so he has that. No doubt he came here expecting to carry on in the sae way, but, for whatever reason, it hasn''t kicked off for him here...yet.

Whether or not he needs a loan spell, or he needs to have a fixed run of games (being told he''s got 10 on the run and no matter what happens, apart from injury, he''s in the side) to get fitness, form, and the understanding he needs to play for us, I don''t know. The main argument, of course, is that we aren''t in a position to do that with him, and thats why he has been stop/start. So perhaps the fact we have done a whole lot better than anyone dared to expect this season (despite that, the knockers are knocking already!) is the reason he has had such a stop/start career with us, but he''ll come good, just as Beckford did. And I hope its with us.

I also look back to when Iwan signed, twas'' exactly the same with him, he got no end of stick and, if the WWW had been around, we''d have been shipping him out else castigating him by the dozen.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]ryan please tell me your just joking. it was obviously a bit of a sarcy comment from barclay boy considering the OP suggestion at being ripped apart for his post.on another note, i would be happpy with both, and to Ryan i have seen on a couple of boards that you keep saying we need a proven champ scorer. The problem is they are just not available, i don''t know that for a fact, but if they were available i am sure PL would have made a move by now. A player proven at lower level or another country could do the job, be a bit of an unknown talent in the league in a way and could make a good impact in a short space of time.I dont think this post is realistic just because of the Jackson being used, i am quite sure Lambert would not have given up on him already, unless he is performing dreadfully in training too, but i doubt that because he does have quality too him[/quote]

Yes I know that it was a sarcy comment, but I was pi$$ed off yesterday, so my reply didn''t come out as sarcy as it was meant to! Sorry barclayboy1902! Agree on the points you make aswell Priceyrice, but IF there are any at this level available, i hope PL can try and persuade him to come here, to be honest, I think its all we need for a real promotion push

Correct me if I am wrong, but Grant Holt seems to be scoring ok in the Championship for someone who has played most of his football at a lower level.  I am confident that Paul Lambert will find us a potential 20 goals a season striker even if they are currently playing in the lower leagues.

I still think we have a chance of Bennett if we offer McNamee as part exchange.

[quote user="ryan1992"]2 very good strikers at their level, but a bit of a risk possibly, seeing as we are in need of a striker who can deliver the goods as soon as they are signed. However, I''d much rather any of these over Pacheco and a few of the others mentioned[/quote]

What exactly do you know about Rooney at Caley Thistle? See him play either in the flesh or on the telly to make you describe him as a very good striker at his level?

Not having a go mate but i think you are stretching it a bit.

How about Derek Riordan at Hibernian. Ok so hes a bit of a bad boy and didn`t do much at Celtic but his scoring record at a mediocre Hibernian side has been very good. Good strong physical player. Resigned for Hibs in 2008 (so prob coming towards the end of his current contract??) Any thoughts???

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]2 very good strikers at their level, but a bit of a risk possibly, seeing as we are in need of a striker who can deliver the goods as soon as they are signed. However, I''d much rather any of these over Pacheco and a few of the others mentioned[/quote]

What exactly do you know about Rooney at Caley Thistle? See him play either in the flesh or on the telly to make you describe him as a very good striker at his level?

Not having a go mate but i think you are stretching it a bit.

[/quote]

Yes OK, sorry. I was judging him by his scoring record which is 55 in 147 games. Yes the majority of those were in the Scottish Leagues, and as I said, it''s a risk, but it could pay off. Going by what you said, why would Pacheco be good? Knowbody has ever seen him play at this level either, just heard he has a decent record at Liverpool youth/Spain youth sides

[quote user="First Wizard"]There will be NO NEW STRIKER coming in, no source, just a hunch from reading in-between the lines of PL''s recent statements.[/quote]

That would be reading between the lines of his comments on the radio after the match when he said that he was trying to get someone and had spoken to several managers that day would it?   I agree he said that iut was difficult as managers don''t want to release good players but he made it clear he was on a mission.

[quote user="First Wizard"]There will be NO NEW STRIKER coming in, no source, just a hunch from reading in-between the lines of PL''s recent statements.[/quote]

Just a hunch from me too but I think we''ll get a striker in on Monday/Tuesday so he''s eligible for the play off final if we make it.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just a hunch from me too but I think we''ll get a striker in on Monday/Tuesday so he''s eligible for the play off final if we make it.

[/quote]

Agree with your hunch cityangel, suspect Mr Lambert is looking very hard for suitable candidate as we speak!

Maybe after all the disappointment when the transfer window closed and little bit of criticism from fans towards him for not signing someone (even though him and McNally tried) after they signed some quality players early in January like he did in the summer.

Would he wait till 11.59 or 10.59 when loan window closes, so everyone is happy this time round.

[quote user="Baracouda"]Maybe after all the disappointment when the transfer window closed and little bit of criticism from fans towards him for not signing someone (even though him and McNally tried) after they signed some quality players early in January like he did in the summer. Would he wait till 11.59 or 10.59 when loan window closes, so everyone is happy this time round.[/quote]

We need Lambert to pull a Rabbit out of the hat.....again (still think we should have sorted this in Jan tho).