Sign in to follow this  
BoroughBoy

Booing your team off the pitch last night!!

Who do you support Borough Boy?

For what it is worth, I totally agree with you. We DREW, not LOST against a good Championship team. Who, despite a few injuries, are still a competitive team. We have lost two games out of last 19, and after promotion from League One!

It is boo-boys like that who may eventually force Lambert to feel the grass is greener elsewhere...nice one.

[quote user="Pabs"]

It is boo-boys like that who may eventually force Lambert to feel the grass is greener elsewhere...nice one.[/quote]Definitely noticed an emphasis in Lambert''s post-match interviews recently - don''t forget where we''ve come from and what has been achieved over the last 18 months, so let''s hope he''s not getting too frustrated at being booed off the pitch. I seriously think a lot of our supporters have lost any sense of perspective.

[quote user="BoroughBoy"]Seriously?? Have you forgotten where you are in the league, and where you were last season??[/quote]

Shocking isnt it?

Last season and this we have seen some of the best football played by a Norwich City team for a long time. We are not going to win every game, no matter how easy it may appear on paper - there are no easy games. I''ll bet Forest didn''t expect to be held by Preston, but they were.

There are lots of games left, top against top, top against bottom and all shades in between. There will no end of twists and turns before this season is over, and we are not out of the running for a top two spot.

Who knows, that point last night may be the one that gets us automatic promotion.

Just chill people and let''s see where we end up.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]It''s because we have a bunch of old cretins and they criticise everything win or f*ucking lose.

Absolute bunch of jokers.

[/quote]

Err, many are YOUNG cretins too Lincoln............when PL tires of this childish reaction and leaves us to it, they''ll finally be happy.

I didn''t boo or anything like that, but I didn''t applaud either. They were quite frankly awful last night compared to what they can play like, and only drew vs a team who has been leaking goals recently. I just don''t get all this ''we need to remember where we were 2 years ago'' cr*p. We are 5th NOW and that is all that matters. 6 years ago we were in the Premier League, 18 years ago in Europe, and that has about the same amount of relevance of where we were 2 years ago. If they turn up and play awful like that and get clapped off, they are going to just turn up knowing that the fans will be happy no matter what they do.

Yeah, and getting booed off by your own fans when you''ve lost 7 games all season is really going to motivate you...we are 5th NOW because we''ve done unbelievably well so far this season, the players have performed above themselves and three days before gave us one of the best away spectacles I can remember in 15 years going to see NCFC. Don''t you see how fickle it is to boo your own team after one dodgy performance in which we still should have won and in the end didn''t lose?!

Get a grip and back the boys.

OTBC

When your Captain and your manager mention it, its worrying!! I am so angry with the fact there were boos ringing out last night.... Its a f*cking koke

[quote user="BoroughBoy"]Seriously?? Have you forgotten where you are in the league, and where you were last season??[/quote]

I know ! Embarrassing isn''t it.

• We''re doing far better in the league than we could have realistically expected at the start of the season.
  • Still have a chance of successive promotions, of being in the auto spots, let alone playoffs
  • Have retained one of the best management teams in all of the leagues
  • Kept our squad through the transfer window
  • Are winning, playing entertaining football with some real class in our squad
  • Have had an injection of £2million expressly for the playing budget
  • Are challenging for promotion at a time when the rewards are massive, without any real heavyweight competition from the Premiership

and still people boo. Unbelieveable.

Some of our ''support'' have very short memories

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Yeah, and getting booed off by your own fans when you''ve lost 7 games all season is really going to motivate you...we are 5th NOW because we''ve done unbelievably well so far this season, the players have performed above themselves and three days before gave us one of the best away spectacles I can remember in 15 years going to see NCFC. Don''t you see how fickle it is to boo your own team after one dodgy performance in which we still should have won and in the end didn''t lose?!

OTBC

[/quote]

If this is aimed at my post, you must have read the bit where I said I DIDN''T BOO. But why should we be happy with a poor performance against a team who have been very poor recently? If the team keep getting clapped after poor performances and results, they will turn up thinking they can get the crowds despite poor performances. We havent dominated a team for a while now, and are reliant on last minute goals, and lucky breaks. I do ''back the boys'' and will do again at Barnsley on Saturday, but if we get outplayed and lose, I won''t say ''well done Norwich, we were in League 1 last year, losing this doesn''t matter''.

Seems to me that all the booing must have come from the vocal Barclay fans (who are the real fans of course) because us old fogies in the Jarrold never say a peep and have seen it all before anyway.

Mind you, people pay their money and are entitled to express their opinions, they were very average last night and if Paul Lambert and the team have raised expectations of late that can only be a good thing.

People should remember Lambert does an awful lot the same as O''Neill. With O''Neill Leicester were booed after a couple of not so good perfomances he walked, Celtic were booed after one bad perfomance he walked, Villa fans booed O''Neill stated that is out of order people should remember where we have come from, they booed last game of the season and he was gone by the beginning of the next.

Beware for Lambert to comment is not good.

Shame on anyone of you, Old or Young to boo the team of the pitch....as far as i am concerned its fans like that who eventually make up PLs mind to leave, and join a club which appreciates him......

WE WILL lose PL all because of impatient and ignorant fans...........

Lets not forget where we have been and where we could possibly go........OTBC

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

OTBC

[/quote]

If this is aimed at my post, you must have read the bit where I said I DIDN''T BOO. But why should we be happy with a poor performance against a team who have been very poor recently? If the team keep getting clapped after poor performances and results, they will turn up thinking they can get the crowds despite poor performances. We havent dominated a team for a while now, and are reliant on last minute goals, and lucky breaks. I do ''back the boys'' and will do again at Barnsley on Saturday, but if we get outplayed and lose, I won''t say ''well done Norwich, we were in League 1 last year, losing this doesn''t matter''.

[/quote]1. Who said anything about clapping, i didnt clap last night, but i certainly didnt boo.2. No game is a guranteed 3 points in this league, anyone can beat anyone. How many times have you heard mangers say itand 3. We didnt lose, when a team score the same amount of goals in the game its called a draw!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]heard the boos on the radio. why do some people think we are arsenal?
[/quote]

We went last night and we heard a few boos, but I think it wasn''t directed at the players, just how lacklustre they played, it wasn''t good to watch.  I wouldn''t ever boo our team, good or bad, if I were that peeved I would get up and walk out.

By the way I saw two blokes in the LB last night both wearing Arsenal coats.

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]Shame on anyone of you, Old or Young to boo the team of the pitch....as far as i am concerned its fans like that who eventually make up PLs mind to leave, and join a club which appreciates him......

WE WILL lose PL all because of impatient and ignorant fans...........

Lets not forget where we have been and where we could possibly go........OTBC[/quote]Couldnt agree more, excellent point (not talking about last night) ha!!

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]Shame on anyone of you, Old or Young to boo the team of the pitch....as far as i am concerned its fans like that who eventually make up PLs mind to leave, and join a club which appreciates him...... WE WILL lose PL all because of impatient and ignorant fans........... Lets not forget where we have been and where we could possibly go........OTBC[/quote]

Of course we appreciate him, but that doesn''t mean he can''t make mistakes. As somebody else mentioned on another thread I believe, Worthy and Walker were brilliant bosses here, but they both made mistakes. I hate all this ''lets not forget where we have been'' rubbish. Lets not forget we have been in the Premier League, in Europe, cup finals while we are at it hey?We were in League 1 because of poor management on and off the field, and now we have a top manager in Lambert and are being run correctly off the field, so why shouldn''t we expect better performances than last night? At the beginning of the season you''d have been happy to finish 10th, would you now? We need to win games like last night to stay where we are, or even fight for the top 2, another performance like last night on saturday could result in a defeat, then Leicester could be 2 points behind with a win vs Coventry at home

I find it hard to believe that Lambert will leave because a few fans booed a poor performance, and lets face it, it wasn''t particularly loud. He praises the fans a lot and if this gives him the reason to leave then it would make him seem quite false and soft in my opinion. I think he has been involved in football before he came to Norwich, he might well have heard this could happen in football. I hope his mum explained that football had some not nice people involved before she let him out to play. I think he might have heard swearing before as well. I don''t know the fella but I wouldn''t be surprised if he has sworn in front of our players too at some stage. Fark me, I really do wonder if any of our fans have ever played the game and know that we don''t live in toytown and have to have police because of the bad men.

What you say is reasonably fair, but my point before is that it still isn''t an excuse to boo. Even if the team play badly and lose, in the current circumstances of the club you just shouldn''t boo, a bad performance doesn''t mean people aren''t trying!

The only time I think I''ve ever booed was at the end of the Worthington era when it was obvious that he was finished, that Burnley game at home I remember people cheering the 3rd and 4th Burnley goals because something had to give. At the moment, my point is, what does booing achieve apart from producing a negative and divided club? We''ve achieved so much together as fans, players and staff and we have to stick together whatever.

One of my proudest days in football, strangely, was at the end of the Fulham 6-0 at Craven Cottage. The fans gave the players, Worthington, Delia, the most rapturous applause after that horror show, it made me so proud to be a City fan. I hate the fickleness of modern day fans. The boys have given us a brilliant season so far, let''s not getting on their backs after one bad game, which let''s not forget, we still got a point from!

I didnt boo last night and would never dream of it however I can fully understand why some people did. It''s a matter of choice at the end.

What puzzled me was the lack of celebrating of the goal. Normally Carrow Road goes nuts when we score- i remember when we scored in the 7-1 game and as I recall that goal seemed to get more applause/cheering than last nights goal!

We are in the thick of a promotion battle. Support the team.

My point is that I think we are exaggerating the affect of booing. I do not think that last night will divide the club. I do not think that Lambert or the players will be overly bothered. They know that it was not the fans turning. I see it as a few who showed their feelings after a poor display. Does anyone really believe that in the dressing room after that game that Lambert was praising the performance. I personally doubt that he did, and my guess is he told them how disappointed he was. It is only a guess, but I would be surprised otherwise.

I do not agree in booing in general but you cannot say that others do not have right to do it. You say BeefyIAL  that you just shouldn''t boo but confess that you did v Burnley. I didn''t boo that day and I imagine there will be some that think those who did boo that day actually sent the club on the slippery slope that we are only now recovering from. People are entitled to their own opinions, you expressed yours and should allow others to do the same .

It is possible that the players will think that they better improve their performance so that they do not experience the boos again just as it is possible that they will no longer care and all want to leave. There is no evidence that last night will have a negative effect. I feel it is all being blown out of proportion. 

Well said ryan1992. I agree with the tone,voice and message of your posts. The get out of jail card referred to as "look where we''ve come from" is only really being used by those who are in the old mind set of the continual disappointment that is NCFC and have been beaten down to accept mediocrity. Of course we know that with Paul Lambert and the Board, this is no longer the case. Things have changed. Therefore, I think it''s fair, based on what we have seen, that expectations should also change.There''s nothing wrong with changing the goal along the way. I personally think it''s time that Lambert start talking to the fans about promotion, the push and the drive needed to achieve it, rather than this ''Look, people need to remember where we were 18 months ago" and "safety from relegation is the first priority".The fear I have is that in Lambert''s attempt to deflect the the pressure and expectation of promotion away from the squad, he''s actually diluting the energy the fans wish to give through the 12th man. But I''ll leave that one there......We''re past that, it''s time to change the vocabulary and start talking about the genuine shot we have at playing in the premier league next season. Yes we still have many games to play and yes the team need to take it one game at a time, but the thought of playing in the premier league should be planted in the minds of each fan and player.To be honest ryan1992, you''ve actually touched upon a deep social issue: Most people are unable to look at where they can go and truly invest in the belief that such a goal it''s obtainable, even though their current achievements indicate otherwise. Instead, most people ''look back'' and use the distance from whence they came to find comfort for their lack of ambition.To end this out-of-control email, I''ll just say that booing has it''s place and it''s place was not Tuesday night. The lack of electricity in the air, the lack of response, the lack of fullfillment, i.e. a golf clap, for the teams performance on Tuesday night should have been enough to send the message that their performance was poor. But booing...no sir, that was poor form from the fans.

The players love the adulation and clapping after a good performance (even if we lose) They must expect a display of fans'' frustration after a dire performance like last night.

i know its not related to norwich, but i remember seeing portsmouth vs arsenal, and portsmouth were 5-0 down and the portsmouth fans were still making so much positive noise, trying to motivate the players, and there were no boo''s, which i did find very odd, but showed great loyalitythen you get a norwich side who are apparently ''punching above their weight'' doing exceptionally well in league, at the start of the season most people would it taken 20th or slighter higher as a good season, and the fans are still not happy because of a bad game and still being in the top 6.   I honestly believe Norwich fans are now greedy (my opinion)  and it will bite them in the butt when they eventually lose the best manager they''ve had for as long as ive been born

[quote user="milehicanary"]Well said ryan1992. I agree with the tone,voice and message of your posts. The get out of jail card referred to as "look where we''ve come from" is only really being used by those who are in the old mind set of the continual disappointment that is NCFC and have been beaten down to accept mediocrity.[/quote]Like Paul Lambert and Grant Holt you mean?[quote user="milehicanary"]To be honest ryan1992, you''ve actually touched upon a deep social issue: Most people are unable to look at where they can go and truly invest in the belief that such a goal it''s obtainable, even though their current achievements indicate otherwise. Instead, most people ''look back'' and use the distance from whence they came to find comfort for their lack of ambition.[/quote]Is this some sort of joke? You''re not yet another of Shyster''s alter egos are you?![quote user="milehicanary"]To end this out-of-control email, I''ll just say that booing has it''s place and it''s place was not Tuesday night. The lack of electricity in the air, the lack of response, the lack of fullfillment, i.e. a golf clap, for the teams performance on Tuesday night should have been enough to send the message that their performance was poor. But booing...no sir, that was poor form from the fans.[/quote]Well, we agree on that point at least

To be honest ever since I have been going to CR there has been booing at the end of virtually every defeat (and I am aware last night wasn''t a defeat but it felt like it) and I think in most cases its people booing the result rather than the players. The moaning after 10 minutes because we kept the ball annoyed me far more than 2 seconds of booing at the final whistle! Having said that the performance last night was unacceptable and whilst I didn''t boo I don''t think they should be praised to the hilt when they have performed well below the level they are capable of. For me thats when player desrev a bit of criticism and the last 5 minutes alone (when we upped the pace hugely)  showed that some of them had been playing well within themselves for most of the previous 85 minutes.

And the press should not be making an issue of it by asking Holt and Lambert for quotes on the subject because I doubt either of them even thought about it until they were asked the question.