Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Wilbraham

I pray that PL has a decent striker in mind for a loan spell because otherwise we will slip out of the top 6.

Jackson & Wilbraham won''t score more than 2 or 3 in the remaining matches, Martin hasn''t scored in 11 and is out for a while and Oli, Daley & Cody are out on loan. We have been over reliant on our midfield scoring for a while now and I dread to think what would happen if Holt got injured!

Would it not be worth throwing in a hungry youngster who has been hitting the net for the youth side? Dawkin?

In response to the matey saying none of our strikers can play with Holt because of the way Holty plays... did I dream the Holt and Chrissy Martin partnership of last season?? You know the one that hit 50 goals between them?? Yes Chrissy has struggled this season but your reasoning behind it is wrong mate.

I do feel sorry for Wilbraham. He''s clearly playing above his level, but is trying his hardest. Unfortunately its just not good enough. He does some alright things for the team, a couple of decent headers, a few nice touches. But the fact is simple, he just doesn''t score, nor look like it! I''d sooner put money on Lappin scoring than him! I don''t think he wins enough of his headers, nor creates enough chances to make up for it either. The chance that nailed it on for me, was not the header from about 5 yards that he managed to give to the fat goalie, but the one he tried to bend it into the far post from just inside the area. You''d hope a decent striker would score that, or at least get it on target. In the top flight you''d see those buried for often then not. But instead, I''ve never seen a shot go so straight!!!

I''d love to see Simeon given another shot, surely he can''t be any worse at scoring !

He''s a cart horse.

He was brought in as a striker, now Strikers, not only hold up the ball for their

strike partner, they also chip in with goals; he looks as if he will never

score.

Iwan''s first season when he came here was poor, and look how he turned out, not

saying he will be anywhere near as good as him.

But any improvement has to be now, for us next season could

be too late, irrespective of where we thought we were going to be this season,

we are, where we are,  so let’s stop

messing around with players that maybe can do a job, and get somebody who can do

the job he was bought to do, or do we accept that even if we don’t try every

possible, it’s good enough, I know where my vote goes.

In Lambert I trust, but not sure I trust his judgement on

this!

...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad!

[quote user="Smudger"]...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad![/quote]Lots of people on here jumped down my throat when I questioned the purchase of Wheelie. It was pretty obvious from his record to see what we were going to get but somehow people thought "superior coaching at Colney" would turn him into a world beater.As I remarked earlier, I applaud his hold up play and his effort and attitude but it doesn''t alter the fact that you can''t make a silk purse out of a sows lug.

Wilbraham is by no means a bad player, he does what he was brought in for. He has never had a great goalscoring record and never will, I don''t know what people are expecting from him. He held it up, he won 75% of his headers and was unlucky only a few fell to City players. He should have done better with his header, but I bet he doesn''t miss that one next time.

People are talking absolute trosh.

One of the worst players I have ever seen play for Norwich, by far Lambert''s worst signing. Bring back Maric ;)

[quote user="Smudger"]...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.

Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad!
[/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

He tries his best to help us win,

With a knick knack paddy whack,

Give the dog a bone,

Guardiola''s On the Phone!

Didn''t we used to have a song like that about someone else.....

Chris Martin is, by many, forgiven his very poor goalscoring record because of what else he brings to the team.

I hope the same goes for Wilbraham.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Wilbraham was bought as cheap back for Holt if he ever got injured (or if he wasn''t then he should have been) and were he sitting on the bench every week and maybe coming on for the last 20 minutes when we need to go more direct then that would be fine. The problem is that with Martin now injured and none of our other strikers doing anywhing he''s suddenly been elevated to the starting 11 on a regular basis. Foe me he shouldnt be starting and I don''t understand why we did not go with jackson last night. He tries, and he wins some flick ons and holds it up ok but he just doesn;t ever look like scoring. A promotion chasing side needs better options.[/quote]

Strange how we all see things differently. I can certainly understand why we wouldn''t start with Jackson. I will concede that he tries but win flick ons and hold it up, well all I can think of is I must blink a lot. I wouldn''t say that Jackson has shown he dos that and if we are comparing the two Wilbraham also tries and in my opinion wins a lot more flick ons and holds it up considerably more than Jackson. I still would like to see Oli get a chance.

I love the way everyone is urging Jackson to get a start, when two weeks ago they were throwing pelters at him.

I think we are way too critical of our team, I think we are getting lost in the moment. Take a step back and look what these lads have achieved this season.

Wilbraham probably wasn''t the best signing, but he adds another forward to the team who can win a couple of headers and hold the ball a bit. I don''t know if he done it yesterday or not, but I remember him getting good reports against QPR and Middlesborough and also Leeds.

I don''t know what you lot expected from him, I didn''t expect a lot, MK Dons fringe player, and in my eyes hasn''t been too bad for us. The reason a lot of these players are not performing is because us fickle Norwich fans don''t give them a chance, so if you guys want Wilbraham, Jackson and Martin to do better get off there backs and support them rather them making them scapecoat every week.

However I also agree, a striker is needed,I seriously doubt we will get one to a sufficient standard, people seem to think we can cherry pick a out and out goalscorer at this stage of the season. So we are probably stuck with the strikers we have at the moment and I don''t think giving these players stick all the time is helping anyone, fair enough it''s your opinion and you can voice that, but I disagree giving them stick when they are on the pitch trying to do there business.

There are some deluded Norwich fans out there who seem to think booing them is an instant remedy to a bad result. All Norwich fans should just get behind this current crop of players and try and gather some momentum for a promotion push instead of crashing the party.

OTBC

Wilbraham was not brought in as a prolific scorer. His past record, which we can all inspect, shows that he was never a double figures man per season.

He was brought in for a particular purpose, - to sit on the bench unless and until Holt was injured or suspended.

This decision was made very early in January, when PL presumably expected Martin and Jackson to improve on their rather disappointing record this season.

So we took a gamble - a gamble with a short contract and probably not costing very much. So far the gamble has been a failure in that Martin and Jackson have not increased their scoring, and Wilbraham has had to be employed as the second striker.

It could succeed if Holt is absent for any reason and we have a chance-converter alongside him, although Martin is out and Jackson not in favour.

If you read Wilbrahams comments in the press he was clearly brought in to do a job, hold up play, keep possession, assist in goals, and score the odd one.

Jackson wasn''t scoring due in some part to poor supply to him and his failure to retain the ball. He wasn''t brought in to sit on the bench but to give the team a different approach.

HRH

Wlbraham reminds me on Trevor Benjamin...

Im not sure he is good enough for top half of Championship but if we were battling down the bottom and we changed our style he would be pretty useful. Hes a striker, not a goalscorer.

Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over..

Ryan Jarvis

Zema Abbey

Omar Koroma

David Strihavka

Paul Dalglish

Henrik Mortensen

Trevor Benjamin

Tony Cottee

Mike Sheron

Robert Rosario

Chris Killen

Dean Coney

Alan Gow

David "I''m Glad to Have Left Norwich City" Mooney

John Hartson

Carl Cort

Peter Thorne

Gaetano Giallanza

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Wilbraham was bought as cheap back for Holt if he ever got injured (or if he wasn''t then he should have been) and were he sitting on the bench every week and maybe coming on for the last 20 minutes when we need to go more direct then that would be fine. The problem is that with Martin now injured and none of our other strikers doing anywhing he''s suddenly been elevated to the starting 11 on a regular basis. Foe me he shouldnt be starting and I don''t understand why we did not go with jackson last night. He tries, and he wins some flick ons and holds it up ok but he just doesn;t ever look like scoring. A promotion chasing side needs better options.[/quote]

Strange how we all see things differently. I can certainly understand why we wouldn''t start with Jackson. I will concede that he tries but win flick ons and hold it up, well all I can think of is I must blink a lot. I wouldn''t say that Jackson has shown he dos that and if we are comparing the two Wilbraham also tries and in my opinion wins a lot more flick ons and holds it up considerably more than Jackson. I still would like to see Oli get a chance.

[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion but i was talking about Wilbraham when i said he tries etc. I think we should have gone with Jackson as he gives a different option alongside Holt and whilst his goal return has been disappointing so far I certainly think he looks more dangerous than Wilbraham does.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over..

Ryan Jarvis

Zema Abbey

Omar Koroma

David Strihavka

Paul Dalglish

Henrik Mortensen

Trevor Benjamin

Tony Cottee

Mike Sheron

Robert Rosario

Chris Killen

Dean Coney

Alan Gow

John Hartson

Carl Cort

Peter Thorne

Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]

I would take issue with you on Giallanza, but for the horrendous injury against Blackburn I think he would have gone on to be a legend, hadn''t he already got something like 6 goals in 10 games at that time?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over..

Ryan Jarvis

Zema Abbey

Omar Koroma

David Strihavka

Paul Dalglish

Henrik Mortensen

Trevor Benjamin

Tony Cottee

Mike Sheron

Robert Rosario

Chris Killen

Dean Coney

Alan Gow

John Hartson

Carl Cort

Peter Thorne

Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]

Did David Mooney say that? I dont remember that. Rosario wasnt that bad, he played well at times he just wasnt a legend.

have just seen that chance he had again on BBC website and have to say it was a terrible miss, he really isnt up to the standard we need to get promoted. his link up play is ok, but strikers are judged on scoring goals so that says it all really

[quote user="baldyboy"]have just seen that chance he had again on BBC website and have to say it was a terrible miss, he really isnt up to the standard we need to get promoted. his link up play is ok, but strikers are judged on scoring goals so that says it all really[/quote]I don''t think that was such a terrible miss. He got it on target with plenty of power - but straight at the goalie, when he should have placed it. I''ve seen far worse (I thought the other misses were just as bad).He won''t score many, but he will score a few this season.

Couldn''t agree with you more Yellowlittle1.

Every week whoever plays out of Martin/Jackson/Wilbraham isn''t good enough and gets stick on here. I think it''s absolutely pathetic. Look at our squad, how many of them have ever proven that they are Championship quality players in the past. Apart from Barnett and Drury and arguably Hoolahan, I don''t think anyone else has played consistently at this level before with any degree of success.

We are what we are, which is basically a team made up of hungry lower league players. That is what makes our achievement all the more amazing. I guarantee you that Lambert is trying to get a quality striker on loan, but getting one is difficult and costly when you are trying to get someone to score you half a dozen goals in the run-in. That sort of class doesn''t just grow on trees and where it does, most managers aren''t going to let it go to another club.

For what it''s worth, I thought Wilbraham had a good game at Leeds on Saturday. He''s the best option for me of who is available for NCFC at the moment, why can''t we just get behind him.

One other thing, it is absolutely driving me mad when we boo our own players for passing the ball around at the back. If it''s good enough for Barcelona, it''s good enough for us, and it makes our fans look as though they have no idea about the game. Stop it!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Couldn''t agree with you more Yellowlittle1.

Every week whoever plays out of Martin/Jackson/Wilbraham isn''t good enough and gets stick on here. I think it''s absolutely pathetic. Look at our squad, how many of them have ever proven that they are Championship quality players in the past. Apart from Barnett and Drury and arguably Hoolahan, I don''t think anyone else has played consistently at this level before with any degree of success.

We are what we are, which is basically a team made up of hungry lower league players. That is what makes our achievement all the more amazing. I guarantee you that Lambert is trying to get a quality striker on loan, but getting one is difficult and costly when you are trying to get someone to score you half a dozen goals in the run-in. That sort of class doesn''t just grow on trees and where it does, most managers aren''t going to let it go to another club.

For what it''s worth, I thought Wilbraham had a good game at Leeds on Saturday. He''s the best option for me of who is available for NCFC at the moment, why can''t we just get behind him.

One other thing, it is absolutely driving me mad when we boo our own players for passing the ball around at the back. If it''s good enough for Barcelona, it''s good enough for us, and it makes our fans look as though they have no idea about the game. Stop it!

[/quote]

The one point I do agree with is that the booing of our players by a minority of our fans is completely moronic.