Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Wilbraham

It''s all very well you folk sticking up for the "Wheeliebin" but the truth is quite simple. We are the 4th highest scorers in the league with 53 goals. This is quite acceptable. What isn''t acceptable is who scores those goals. The strikers have scored 21 goals between them which is unnacceptable because Holt has scored 13 while Martin, Jackson and Wheeliebin have only scored 8 between them. If those 21 goals had been divided more equally between two players, say Holt 11 and Martin 10, then we''d be a much better side. The midfield have scored 19 goals. We can''t have the midfield scoring nearly as many as the strikers! Again that''s unnacceptable. Crofts and Hoolahan have 15 between them, which is far too many. If half a dozen of these goals had been scored by our strikers we would be far higher up the league. And the defence have scored 9 goals. It''s ok for them to chip in with the odd one or two but Russell Martin''s 4 is too many for a full back who doesn''t take penalties. Two of his goals should have been scored by strikers.

So as I said, football is quite a simple game, score more goals than the opposition and you win. What people tend to forget is that if those goals are scored by the strikers you get more points[*-)]

We''ll have none of that "team game" malarkey on here thank you very much[:@]

Yes, you''re right, Lambert needs to have a word with Hoolahan, Crofts and Russell - their consistent goalscoring is making our forwards look bad and is creating a real morale problem.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.

Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad!
[/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

He tries his best to help us win,

With a knick knack paddy whack,

Give the dog a bone,

Guardiola''s On the Phone!

Didn''t we used to have a song like that about someone else.....

[/quote]

Now then Smudger old boy. Before this gets lost let me add that McNamee has 16 appearances no goals and no assists whilst the Wheeliebin has 9 appearances no goals and one assist.

Should McNamee ever wear the yellow & green again [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad![/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

Give the dog a bone,

[/quote]

Now then Smudger old boy. Before this gets lost let me add that McNamee has 16 appearances no goals and no assists whilst the Wheeliebin has 9 appearances no goals and one assist.

[/quote]McNamee set up the own goal against Swansea and that''s been a more vital contribution this season then Wilbraham will make.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]McNamee set up the own goal against Swansea and that''s been a more vital contribution this season then Wilbraham will make.

[/quote]So with Wilbraham starting the last two games and  McNamee not even on the bench, you obviously think Lambert has lost it as a manager?

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad!
[/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

Give the dog a bone,

[/quote]

[/quote]

McNamee set up the own goal against Swansea and that''s been a more vital contribution this season then Wilbraham will make.
[/quote]

I doubt that''s true. Norwich score goals when Wheeliebin plays. It''s a team game. Holt seems to enjoy playing with him and we have a good record for getting points after the Wheeliebin is introduced as a sub.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]...should never wear a yellow & green shirt again.Holt and Lambert''s comments are hilarious, this guy is a p!ss take amongst his own fans he is that bad![/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

Give the dog a bone,

[/quote]

[/quote]McNamee set up the own goal against Swansea and that''s been a more vital contribution this season then Wilbraham will make.[/quote]

I doubt that''s true. Norwich score goals when Wheeliebin plays. It''s a team game. Holt seems to enjoy playing with him and we have a good record for getting points after the Wheeliebin is introduced as a sub.

[/quote]Well at least my nickname for him seems to have caught on quite well, Nigel.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s all very well you folk sticking up for the "Wheeliebin" but the truth is quite simple. We are the 4th highest scorers in the league with 53 goals. This is quite acceptable. What isn''t acceptable is who scores those goals. The strikers have scored 21 goals between them which is unnacceptable because Holt has scored 13 while Martin, Jackson and Wheeliebin have only scored 8 between them. If those 21 goals had been divided more equally between two players, say Holt 11 and Martin 10, then we''d be a much better side. The midfield have scored 19 goals. We can''t have the midfield scoring nearly as many as the strikers! Again that''s unnacceptable. Crofts and Hoolahan have 15 between them, which is far too many. If half a dozen of these goals had been scored by our strikers we would be far higher up the league. And the defence have scored 9 goals. It''s ok for them to chip in with the odd one or two but Russell Martin''s 4 is too many for a full back who doesn''t take penalties. Two of his goals should have been scored by strikers.

So as I said, football is quite a simple game, score more goals than the opposition and you win. What people tend to forget is that if those goals are scored by the strikers you get more points[*-)]

We''ll have none of that "team game" malarkey on here thank you very much[:@]

[/quote]

Like it NN, like it...[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

Give the dog a bone,

[/quote]

[/quote]

McNamee set up the own goal against Swansea and that''s been a more vital contribution this season then Wilbraham will make.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well at least my nickname for him seems to have caught on quite well, Nigel.
[/quote]

Yes Rickyyyyyy[Y]

And it fits his song quite well don''t you think?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over..

Ryan Jarvis

Zema Abbey

Omar Koroma

David Strihavka

Paul Dalglish

Henrik Mortensen

Trevor Benjamin

Tony Cottee

Mike Sheron

Robert Rosario

Chris Killen

Dean Coney

Alan Gow

David "I''m Glad to Have Left Norwich City" Mooney

John Hartson

Carl Cort

Peter Thorne

Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]I think that the Trevor Benjamin and Chris Killen comparison''s are probably the closest, along with maybe Zema Abbey (who I believe it would be over critical on seeing as when he seemed to be improving slightly his career was cut short through injury).How can anybody class Robert Rosario alongside him though?  Won balls in the air, held the ball up and scored quite a few goals (although not hatfuls) at the top of the top flight.  He also scored the top flights goal of the season with a 30 yard volley against Southampton.All this stuff people are making up about Wilbraham holding the ball up is absolute nonsense.  How many times per match has he either held the ball up and laid it off to one of our players, or won a flick on which falls to one of our players?  I am afraid in my opinion he is absolute pants at this too.  He is unable to even control a football, let alone hold it up and lay it off to a man in space.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[8]Aaron the Wheeliebin

Give the dog a bone,

[/quote]

[/quote]At least he has scored for us Nutty.Seeing as those trying to stick up for the useless Wilbraham are trying to claim that there are other factors to his game that benefit the team, then maybe we should compare the number of goals that the two players have had an assist in?  Of course there would only be one clear winner there though wouldn''t there?

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I love the way everyone is urging Jackson to get a start, when two weeks ago they were throwing pelters at him.

I think we are way too critical of our team, I think we are getting lost in the moment. Take a step back and look what these lads have achieved this season.

Wilbraham probably wasn''t the best signing, but he adds another forward to the team who can win a couple of headers and hold the ball a bit. I don''t know if he done it yesterday or not, but I remember him getting good reports against QPR and Middlesborough and also Leeds.

I don''t know what you lot expected from him, I didn''t expect a lot, MK Dons fringe player, and in my eyes hasn''t been too bad for us. The reason a lot of these players are not performing is because us fickle Norwich fans don''t give them a chance, so if you guys want Wilbraham, Jackson and Martin to do better get off there backs and support them rather them making them scapecoat every week.

However I also agree, a striker is needed,I seriously doubt we will get one to a sufficient standard, people seem to think we can cherry pick a out and out goalscorer at this stage of the season. So we are probably stuck with the strikers we have at the moment and I don''t think giving these players stick all the time is helping anyone, fair enough it''s your opinion and you can voice that, but I disagree giving them stick when they are on the pitch trying to do there business.

There are some deluded Norwich fans out there who seem to think booing them is an instant remedy to a bad result. All Norwich fans should just get behind this current crop of players and try and gather some momentum for a promotion push instead of crashing the party.

OTBC[/quote]I haven''t slagged Martin or Jackson off ever and have 100% faith in both of them (unlike our management so it seems).Yes I knocked Holt earlier this season and doubted his ability when he was clearly unfit.We will not get better than Martin or Jackson unless we spend more money than we currently have.  Many teams in this division would love to have either of those players, if not both of them in their squad.  Playing somebody with the ability of Wilbraham over these two is nothing short of a joke though.  How many teams in this division would be fighting over the signature of Wheeliebin if we put him out for a FREE transfer during the summer?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over.. Ryan Jarvis Zema Abbey Omar Koroma David Strihavka Paul Dalglish Henrik Mortensen Trevor Benjamin Tony Cottee Mike Sheron Robert Rosario Chris Killen Dean Coney Alan Gow David "I''m Glad to Have Left Norwich City" Mooney John Hartson Carl Cort Peter Thorne Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]

I think that the Trevor Benjamin and Chris Killen comparison''s are probably the closest, along with maybe Zema Abbey (who I believe it would be over critical on seeing as when he seemed to be improving slightly his career was cut short through injury).

How can anybody class Robert Rosario alongside him though?  Won balls in the air, held the ball up and scored quite a few goals (although not hatfuls) at the top of the top flight.  He also scored the top flights goal of the season with a 30 yard volley against Southampton.

All this stuff people are making up about Wilbraham holding the ball up is absolute nonsense.  How many times per match has he either held the ball up and laid it off to one of our players, or won a flick on which falls to one of our players?  I am afraid in my opinion he is absolute pants at this too.  He is unable to even control a football, let alone hold it up and lay it off to a man in space.
[/quote]

I am not getting into the debate about Rosario''s quality but the line in red has reminded me of two particular moans I had about him at the time. The first being when he was outjumped by Gordon Strachan and the other when I think he could or should have had a very quick hatrick against Arsenal (the years have made this memory quite vague), I am sure all three chances came in the first 10 or 15 mins, we were all over them at that time but they went on to beat us. I remember being surprised at his move to Coventry, wasn''t it the best part of a million.  

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over.. Ryan Jarvis Zema Abbey Omar Koroma David Strihavka Paul Dalglish Henrik Mortensen Trevor Benjamin Tony Cottee Mike Sheron Robert Rosario Chris Killen Dean Coney Alan Gow David "I''m Glad to Have Left Norwich City" Mooney John Hartson Carl Cort Peter Thorne Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]

I think that the Trevor Benjamin and Chris Killen comparison''s are probably the closest, along with maybe Zema Abbey (who I believe it would be over critical on seeing as when he seemed to be improving slightly his career was cut short through injury).

How can anybody class Robert Rosario alongside him though?  Won balls in the air, held the ball up and scored quite a few goals (although not hatfuls) at the top of the top flight.  He also scored the top flights goal of the season with a 30 yard volley against Southampton.

All this stuff people are making up about Wilbraham holding the ball up is absolute nonsense.  How many times per match has he either held the ball up and laid it off to one of our players, or won a flick on which falls to one of our players?  I am afraid in my opinion he is absolute pants at this too.  He is unable to even control a football, let alone hold it up and lay it off to a man in space.
[/quote]

I am not getting into the debate about Rosario''s quality but the line in red has reminded me of two particular moans I had about him at the time. The first being when he was outjumped by Gordon Strachan and the other when I think he could or should have had a very quick hatrick against Arsenal (the years have made this memory quite vague), I am sure all three chances came in the first 10 or 15 mins, we were all over them at that time but they went on to beat us. I remember being surprised at his move to Coventry, wasn''t it the best part of a million.  

[/quote]

I was more surprised when the late great Brian Clough said he''d signed a player who would stop them being relegated, and then unveiled none other than Robert Rosario.  Still, every old great had their off-days; just ask Ron Saunders.

Be good to one another.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Suggesting he''s the worst striker in NCFC history is a big over reaction, IMO. Here''s my list of dubious NCFC strikers I''d rather have Wilbraham in the team over.. Ryan Jarvis Zema Abbey Omar Koroma David Strihavka Paul Dalglish Henrik Mortensen Trevor Benjamin Tony Cottee Mike Sheron Robert Rosario Chris Killen Dean Coney Alan Gow David "I''m Glad to Have Left Norwich City" Mooney John Hartson Carl Cort Peter Thorne Gaetano Giallanza[/quote]I think that the Trevor Benjamin and Chris Killen comparison''s are probably the closest, along with maybe Zema Abbey (who I believe it would be over critical on seeing as when he seemed to be improving slightly his career was cut short through injury).How can anybody class Robert Rosario alongside him though?  Won balls in the air, held the ball up and scored quite a few goals (although not hatfuls) at the top of the top flight.  He also scored the top flights goal of the season with a 30 yard volley against Southampton.All this stuff people are making up about Wilbraham holding the ball up is absolute nonsense.  How many times per match has he either held the ball up and laid it off to one of our players, or won a flick on which falls to one of our players?  I am afraid in my opinion he is absolute pants at this too.  He is unable to even control a football, let alone hold it up and lay it off to a man in space.[/quote]

[/quote]

I was more surprised when the late great Brian Clough said he''d signed a player who would stop them being relegated, and then unveiled none other than Robert Rosario.  Still, every old great had their off-days; just ask Ron Saunders.

Be good to one another.

[/quote]haha the booze had obviously taken a good hold of Cloughie by this stage! [:D]God bless you old big ead!

I think we all know "The Fridge" is not up to it, I am a big Lambert fan and I genuinly believe Beko was brought in to provide emergency back up for Holty. What he does he does well, he is better in the air than Holt and provides good flick on`s, but given the team we have at the moment he does not fit in. He would be a good partener to Ernie for example but for us at the moment does not fit the bill. I am sure that Lambert will reflect on Tuesday and we will see Jackson being given a good run out with Holty in the next few gamea.

Interesting to read our manager''s opinion of Wilbraham:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/wilbraham_is_a_winner_all_the_way_for_lambert_1_813889Refreshing after reading the learned comments of such as Smudger (aka NCFC-manager-in-waiting).

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Interesting to read our manager''s opinion of Wilbraham:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/wilbraham_is_a_winner_all_the_way_for_lambert_1_813889

Refreshing after reading the learned comments of such as Smudger (aka NCFC-manager-in-waiting).

[/quote]

Although the ''''Wilbraham is a winner all the way'''' headline is Chris Lakeys not Lamberts.

What Lambert actually says is

[quote]

“I think it’s really unfair, it’s unjust, because what I see and what he does for the team – the other night he held it up and that’s what I have asked him to do, get hold of the ball for us and get us upfield.

“I think he won just about every header going. I think that is testament to him, but he is valuable to me.

“You have to look more into it – it is his general game which at the minute is very, very good, because of the way he plays he takes a lot of the knocks as well. We threw him in against QPR and I thought he was excellent, and he was a handful for Cardiff when he came on.

“I think he is a player’s player, but as a professional, and his work rate in training he was excellent. I can’t speak highly enough of him.” [/quote]

Based on Tuesdays game neither Holt nor Wilbraham were particularly effective.  

Wilbraham linked up play far more effectively than Holt but never looked like scoring or posed a goal threat.    Holt ran around closing defenders as fantastically as ever (but like Wilbraham was static when the midfielders and back 4 were looking for an outlet) and that two of the most exciting efforts the team had were from Holts ample backside getting in the way of clearances shows how ineffective they both were!

Holt took his goal v well,  but should have hit the target on a couple of other occassions and so was again guilty of poor finishing - with his miss from Drurys pull back just as bad as Wilbrahams poor header from Martins cross in the second half.   

We should have won this game - the whole team were dire yet had either Holt or Wilbraham taken their excellent chances we would have won - they did not. Liekwise teh defenders again failed to deal with a cross into the box and keep a clean sheet against a team who hadnot scored in 600 mins - so just as much the loss of two points was a team failure - not just wilbraham.

He was bought as cover - which is what he is doing just now.  He is NOT missing a hatful of chances - I counted justone on Tues - but he gives more to the team than Jackson so give the bloke a break if picked to play.

Personally I would lay Lansbury, Surman & Hoolahan behind a lone Holt in a 4-2-3-1

I''m guessing he''ll start today after Lambert''s words of praise.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m guessing he''ll start today after Lambert''s words of praise.[/quote]I guess that you got it wrong CA?  Maybe Lambert would have started Wilbraham again if many fans who have been able to see that he is not up to Championship standard were less critical of Lamberts decsions to play the big lump for 90 mins week in week out though?Good team selection today though!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]I''m guessing he''ll start today after Lambert''s words of praise.[/quote]

I guess that you got it wrong CA?  Maybe Lambert would have started Wilbraham again if many fans who have been able to see that he is not up to Championship standard were less critical of Lamberts decsions to play the big lump for 90 mins week in week out though?

Good team selection today though!
[/quote]

Guess that why he was praising him yesterday cause he knew he was dropping him today [:)]

As you say great team selection today.