Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Barnsley

Excellent turnout from the yellow army today and noisy throughout - put the Barnsley ''fans'' to shame.

Ratings:

Ruddy 8 - one great tip over at 0-0 - assured throughout.

Martin 7 - solid and commanded defence

Ward 7 - bit of dodgy distribution but strong in the air and tackle

Whitbread 7.5 - out muscled/fouled once in fist half - otherwise strong

Tiereny 7.5 - looked up for it throughout extra 0.5 for all the pretend long throws that went short.

Crofts 8.5 - 2 good goals - especially the 2nd which looked a great finish

Surman 8 - looked classy in a strong midfield

Lansbury 8 - same as Surman - knocked it around for fun in midfield.

Fox - 7 probably was as good as the others in midfield just didn''t notice him as much

Hoolahan 9 - unplayable at the moment - was everywhere would have had a penalty but for an offside in build up

Holt 7 - worked hard - didn''t look like scoring today.

Barnsley fans I was talking to on way out were surprised that we didn''t stick more past them in the 2nd half and that was my only concern as a late goal from them could have led to a frantic last few minutes and would have been completely unjust from a dominant display.

4-4-wes-1 worked a treat today!

Great day out and fantastic support. Didn''t hear the Barnsley fans sing once.

Also overhead Garry O''Connor on the train back to Leeds saying Jason Shackell lost a tooth in the first half collision.

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]Excellent turnout from the yellow army today and noisy throughout - put the Barnsley ''fans'' to shame.

Ratings:

Tiereny 7.5 - looked up for it throughout extra 0.5 for all the pretend long throws that went short.

Fox - 7 probably was as good as the others in midfield just didn''t notice him as much

Hoolahan 9 - unplayable at the moment - was everywhere would have had a penalty but for an offside in build up

Barnsley fans I was talking to on way out were surprised that we didn''t stick more past them in the 2nd half and that was my only concern as a late goal from them could have led to a frantic last few minutes and would have been completely unjust from a dominant display.

4-4-wes-1 worked a treat today![/quote]Thanks for that, sounds like a solid performance. Roll on Preston! OTBC [:D]

A solid performance by the lads today, bit disappointed with the lack of goals for all the play we had in the midfield.

Think it was more the fact that Barnsley were absolutely abysmal rather than we were so good. Dont''t think I''ve ever watched a professional team look so bad, and that''s including our performance at Charlton when we went down.

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]Excellent turnout from the yellow army today and noisy throughout - put the Barnsley ''fans'' to shame.

Ratings:

4-4-wes-1 worked a treat today![/quote]Come on, Crofts deserves a 10 for the goal of the season! Impressed by Tierney, but not particularly by Surman. Hopefully he just needs more game time. Wes was genius as usual - some final touches were disappointing, but only because he''d worked so well leading up to them I just expected the magic to continue.I agree the only concern is why we didn''t make our superiority pay by scoring more.  And a 1 for the Barnsley supporters - some of the few there were were leaving about 10 minutes before the end - and 10 for ours. We were great at Leeds but took it up several notches for this game.