Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

'Our midfield the envy of the premiership'

I noticed someone mentioned something along these lines on twitter during the barnsley game. Personally this surprises me but i didn''t notice many disagree and since i''m yet to go this season i won''t criticise.

Can any regulars embelish on this? From what i''ve heard i''ve been impressed with Crofts and Fox, and Surman has done well when hes come back, but premiership standard?

I think we need to be realistic....would this of been said after the result on Tuesday Night?

Our Midfield is a top half championship midfield....

I think our midfield is our strong point and probably would give the bottom half of the premiership a decent game. I think Lambert''s influence tactically in that area is particularly prominent as you would expect from champions league winning midfielder. Hard to see any of them individually being the envy of the premiership though.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I think we need to be realistic....would this of been said after the result on Tuesday Night?

Our Midfield is a top half championship midfield....[/quote]Of course not, but that''s because we weren''t playing a 4-2-3-1 on Tuesday and taking advantage of all the skilled players we have.

You could clearly see, or hear in my case, that Barnsely simply didn''t have a response to the skills of Hooli, Landsbury, Crofts, Fox and Surman.On top of that, Holt was a beast out there today.And Ruddy did well when called upon, as did the back 4.All round it sounded a really good team performance.

If we went up then the likes of Hoolahan, Crofts, Surman and Lansbury if he came back would probably be amongst the players in our current squad who Lambert would want in our Premiership squad

But I doubt they''d be the envy of the Premiership!

"I think our midfield is our strong point and probably would give the bottom half of the premiership a decent game"

Four players v 12 teams

presume it would be one team at a time