Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Norwich City Promotion contenders? Not according to BBC

Last Tuesday''s result was taken advantage of by a couple of teams and with Swansea winning against Leeds today that puts them 6 points in front of us, with us still to play.

I was watching BBC football focus in the gym this morning. They were talking about the promotion contenders, talking about all of them, bar us, until a very brief mention of Norwich at the end of the piece. Barely even a mention.

Are we being taken seriously as promotion contenders, or do you think people expect us to fall away??

My prediction remains the same as it did after we beat Leicester 4-3 at home. I said then that I thought we would finish 4th, I stand by that.

They were talking about the automatic promotion contenders on Football Weekly Extra too. They suggested that QPR are dead certs (which to be fair is looking more and more likely) and 2nd is between the Welsh clubs and Forest...

To be honest I think its probably better to be slightly under the radar, less pressure on the players and maybe some teams will still underestimate us.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Didn''t they have a similar opinion last season?

Would rather it was kept quiet, as last year tbh. Less presuure etc
[/quote]

Yeah, I think you''re right WITS.

I still believe we can nick 2nd. I''ve believed this since dismantled QPR at the start of the year, with a depleted team.We''re only three points out of auto, with Forest and Swansea still to play. I feel Cardiff will slip.Hopefully our bad spell of poor form is behind us and we can now build on today''s performance.

i never worry about the BBC and what they think or say.........as long as my beloved Norwich soilder on in the top 6 i will be happy!

I prefer the fact that no one takes us seriously. It brings a togetherness at the club of us against everyone else. Really dont care what the media think from what i''ve seen there''s very little difference in the standard of all the top 7, fact is it''s impossible to call (apart from QPR but even then Warnock''s teams have blown great positions before) and the media dont know any more than anyone else.

"Mahogany"]They were talking about the automatic promotion contenders on Football Weekly Extra too. They suggested that QPR are dead certs (which to be fair is looking more and more likely) and 2nd is between the Welsh clubs and Forest...

To be honest I think its probably better to be slightly under the radar, less pressure on the players and maybe some teams will still underestimate us.

Exactly, better to be under rated with no pressure than over rated Leeds style with all the pressure that brings!

Long live the little "ole" Norwich urban myth, that even some Norwich fans get sucked in by!

The BBC

As if the couple of minutes tacked on to the Premier League coverage was some carefully considered consultation. It''s not. It will have been written up by some junior assistent, probably an unpaid intern - almost as bad as sky sports. I don''t doubt it was written up after a hurried glance at the table and the midweek result.

It''ll probably appear as part of the Sun''s ''in depth'' weekend football coverage on Monday, presuming they ever bother to tear themselves away from the internet.

Let every pundit, internet site, paper and football radio shows leave us under the radar and keep bigging up the other teams, I think the presure is on them.

4-4-2 are running an article in this months issue called "How to get out of the Championship" with comments by managers who''ve done it (including Worthy) however it has their predicted table for the end of the season and put us as Champions.