Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Well done Peter Grant

Agree 100%.  I didn''t even realise he was at Birmingham until I saw him on the touchline.

He wasn''t cut out for management but he''s a bloody good coach and I couldn''t be more pleased.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]It didn''t work out for you here and you were big enough to walk away without taking our club for any money. Great to see a nice guy win [:D][/quote]But not before he''d brought in a crowd of journeymen, mercenaries and dross who gave us the worst squad in memory and meant we spent the next two years muddling through with loans.  In:StrihavkaBrellierMurrayOtsemoborBrownCroftAnd some other sh*te I''ve had the decency to forget.I will never forgive Peter Grant for the mess he made of our club.  Yes, he walked away, but the damage he did was incalculable.  Would be interesting to hear Hucks''s take on this but for my money he was as much to blame as Roeder for our relegation to League One.

Yes both Grant and Roeder were disasters when in charge of our great club, hence my username, but the difference between them was that Grant was man enough to hold his hands and admit he wasn''t up to the job unlike the mouse like Roedernowhere!

The ultimate blame lies with the board for appointing him, but that''s another argument.

Hadn''t realised how little Birmingham had won until today. Beating us in the play off final was about all they had won up until now.

Not that keen on them, but anything spreads the success beyond the big four is good for football

''keep right on to the end of the road ...''

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]It didn''t work out for you here and you were big enough to walk away without taking our club for any money. Great to see a nice guy win [:D][/quote]But not before he''d brought in a crowd of journeymen, mercenaries and dross who gave us the worst squad in memory and meant we spent the next two years muddling through with loans.  In:StrihavkaBrellierMurrayOtsemoborBrownCroftAnd some other sh*te I''ve had the decency to forget.I will never forgive Peter Grant for the mess he made of our club.  Yes, he walked away, but the damage he did was incalculable.  Would be interesting to hear Hucks''s take on this but for my money he was as much to blame as Roeder for our relegation to League One.[/quote]Croft was a Worthington signing [:)]

[quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]It didn''t work out for you here and you were big enough to walk away without taking our club for any money. Great to see a nice guy win [:D][/quote]But not before he''d brought in a crowd of journeymen, mercenaries and dross who gave us the worst squad in memory and meant we spent the next two years muddling through with loans.  In:StrihavkaBrellierMurrayOtsemoborBrownCroftAnd some other sh*te I''ve had the decency to forget.I will never forgive Peter Grant for the mess he made of our club.  Yes, he walked away, but the damage he did was incalculable.  Would be interesting to hear Hucks''s take on this but for my money he was as much to blame as Roeder for our relegation to League One.[/quote]Croft was a Worthington signing [:)][/quote]Oops.Still, he gave Cureton a 3 year contract which is far worse than signing fatty on the wing.

Yep well done Mr Grant, the Norwich

manager who signed a load of scottish rejects (Apart From Lappin) the same Manager who blamed the fans for a loss against Hull, Blamed Hucks for not defending, But im really pleased that you started the downward spiral of Norwich City FC, and that you have a big bank account from courtessy of Norwich City FC

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Yep well done Mr Grant, the Norwich manager who signed a load of scottish rejects (Apart From Lappin) the same Manager who blamed the fans for a loss against Hull, Blamed Hucks for not defending, But im really pleased that you started the downward spiral of Norwich City FC, and that you have a big bank account from courtessy of Norwich City FC[/quote]

At least Grant didn''t tack a huge wad of cash with him, unlike so called loyal Gunn, sorry, leech boy.[:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Yep well done Mr Grant, the Norwich manager who signed a load of scottish rejects (Apart From Lappin) the same Manager who blamed the fans for a loss against Hull, Blamed Hucks for not defending, But im really pleased that you started the downward spiral of Norwich City FC, and that you have a big bank account from courtessy of Norwich City FC[/quote]

At least Grant didn''t tack a huge wad of cash with him, unlike so called loyal Gunn, sorry, leech boy.[:@]

[/quote]Gunn didn''t either, hence he''s working at the Digital Phone Company.  Now apparently we are still paying off Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Gunn didn''t either, hence he''s working at the Digital Phone Company.  Now apparently we are still paying off Glenn Roeder.
[/quote]

Err? I''m sure he got decent compo Mr C.

If I''m wrong I''ll gladly apologise.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Gunn didn''t either, hence he''s working at the Digital Phone Company.  Now apparently we are still paying off Glenn Roeder.[/quote]

Err? I''m sure he got decent compo Mr C.

If I''m wrong I''ll gladly apologise.

[/quote]No, you might be right actually - he did get the permanent job in the summer, I remember now.Mind you, if you got a permanent contract in June and were then sacked in early August, I think you would be entitled to something in the way of compensation.  Not sure that''s particularly leechy.