Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

If we were to get a striker in on loan.... who would it be ?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="CityLegends04"]How about Nathan Delfouneso from Villa? [/quote]Not a bad shout that. The only unproven young striker that I would like here, off the top of my head.[/quote]Along with Kevin Phillips the best suggestion so far. What do people think of Harewood? Its hard to judge him based on the fact he has not really played for the last few seasons.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="CityLegends04"]How about Nathan Delfouneso from Villa?
[/quote]

Not a bad shout that. The only unproven young striker that I would like here, off the top of my head.
[/quote]

Along with Kevin Phillips the best suggestion so far. What do people think of Harewood? Its hard to judge him based on the fact he has not really played for the last few seasons.
[/quote]

If we had the money.........Rickie Lambert.

Any young Arsenal hopefulls? We seem to have good links with them.

Given that he is being linked with a move to Barnsley, I think Harewood could do a job for City. He has 5 goals in 15 matches for Blackpool in the Prem, and previously 5 in 15 for Newcastle. Given that there''s little time to ''settle in'', Harewood could be the sort of player to hit the ground running and if it works out, could even be a permanent if we managed to get promoted. Could see him pairing up excellently with Holt.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="CityLegends04"]How about Nathan Delfouneso from Villa? [/quote]Not a bad shout that. The only unproven young striker that I would like here, off the top of my head.[/quote]Along with Kevin Phillips the best suggestion so far. What do people think of Harewood? Its hard to judge him based on the fact he has not really played for the last few seasons. [/quote]

If we had the money.........Rickie Lambert.

Any young Arsenal hopefulls? We seem to have good links with them.

[/quote]According to wikipedia the only one they have who is not already out on loan is Rhys Murphy (20) never heard anything about him though.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhys_Murphy

Marlon Harewood would be superb. Not sure if they''d let him go, but if Barnsley are in with a shout then surely we''d have every chance of getting this proven Championship striker on loan? Be surprised if he''s not being looked at by our rivals though...

I really can''t see why people rate Harewood so much?[:^)]

Having said that if he came on loan I do think he would score some goals, certainly more than Jackson or Wilbraham, even more than the two put together.

We''ve bought from the lower leagues twice with Wheeliebin and Jackson and neither look like they can step up - doubt anyone would dip into the lower leagues a third time.  It has to be a Premiership player - someone like Sturridge (yeah, I know he''s at Bolton) or De Santo (Wigan) would have been shrewd if available.  I thought Matt Derbyshire was back in the UK and not getting games, he always looked a decent player to me.

Well, Kevin Phillips didn''t even get on today despite Birmingham bringing on two strikers. He said he felt he deserved to start. He wants to play regularly, he is still hungry, his contract expires in the summer I believe. McLeish, says the Phillips situation is difficult, he wants to keep him but cannot offer a start. Maybe Lambert is on the phone tonight already. 

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

One name that might fit PL''s criteria and may be within our price range how about

Craig MacKail-Smith (Peterborough) scoring for fun in league one (again) and is young and hungry?

[/quote]

Good shout, would love to see him here, the bloke is a machine, I watched him against Southampton recently and his work rate and desire, as well as pace is unbelievable! A strike force of him and Holt would be relentless.

I know he is 37 but I think he''s got a lot more to offer than some of our alternatives dejan. He looks a bit fitter than Dion did at that age too.