Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

McNamee, Johnson, Wibraham, Martin

You forgot Jackson. Although I feel he needs longer.

Oli will be gone and the McNamee/Lambert thing does not seem to be blossoming at the moment. He could well be unloaded.

The best of Chris Martin is yet to come, I hope.

Wilbraham was a strange signing to begin with. Perhaps he too needs longer. For what I cannot work out.

I personally would only want CM in the squad, next year, should we get lucky this season and pull off a double promotion.

.....Who knows?.....Although, I do fear that our current manager won''t be here......if we don''t achieve promotion. I assume his right-hand man and some of our playing staff will also follow him out of the door. 

But hey.....that''s football....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

You forgot Jackson. Although I feel he needs longer.

Oli will be gone and the McNamee/Lambert thing does not seem to be blossoming at the moment. He could well be unloaded.

The best of Chris Martin is yet to come, I hope.

Wilbraham was a strange signing to begin with. Perhaps he too needs longer. For what I cannot work out.

I personally would only want CM in the squad, next year, should we get lucky this season and pull off a double promotion.

[/quote]

I think that is pretty much spot on.[Y] Jackson i think will come good.

Which Martin do you mean? Russell could be of interest to the Prem lower end teams considering how he has played this season. Chris, I suspect yes either way - but in the event of us going up might be worth seeing if we could loan him out to a Championship side for the season.

McNamee and Johnson are certainly out of favour. I''m wondering if Lambert has been put off by Martin''s off pitch woes. As for Wilbraham, if he doesn''t score in the remaining games I can see him going. Simeon Jackson has yet to prove himself. In a way it was a shame Cody went for a whole season. I''d have liked him to have had a chance to show what he can do at this level

Did you mean R Martin or C Martin?

Both of them will be here next season, Championship or Premiership!

Wilbraham will be here next season for a while but by then Lambert would of seen enough of him to realise what we''re all saying now in that hes not good enough!

Johnsons also not good enough for where we are going so will be moved on and likewise for Mcnamee!

It really does depend which league we are in for some of them.

I do not expect to have johnson,  macdonald or macnamee in the squad come next august whichever league we are in.

However Chris Martin will be here whichever league we will be in. 

If we fail to get promoted I think we will keep wilbraham - he was bought as cover for holt and if we are a champs side he can do that role for us.  He is not a partner for Holt - merely back up.   I would expect other signings to come in around him;  finishers  - thats what we need at the club.  Even yest Holt failed to take numerous chances - failing to even test the keeper on most of them.  Sadly they cost a fortune.  For that reason I suspect Jackson is likely to stay too

I agree, but I don''t really see the relevance of including Russell Martin in this thread.

I think the main point was, promotion or not and Holt apart, we do not seem to be very strong up front. I have made the observation before that PL''s transfer market activity with regards to forwards has not been particularly impressive.

He inherited Holt and Martin, who are our two best.  Martin is unpredictable and there maybe better to come with maturity (belated?)  Jackson should be kept for a bit longer to see if something better materialises (IMHO.)

I pass on Wilbraham ..... but he aint going to be an Euan.

The relevance of R Martin on here was the original post said Martin not indicating which one!

Theres no striker on this planet even at the highest level that scores every chance they get, so those mentioning Holts mssed chances need to get real - look at his goal ratio for Norwih since joining last season. If we lost Holt, we''d struggle to stay in the top 6 simple as!

I remember fans saying the same the about thing about Earnie!

Despite yesterdays terrific performance and formation we are still short of a decent striker with consistancy levels similar to Holt!

Jackson needs more time!

Wilbraham was brought as back up but hes not good enough to be a Championship regular!

Johnsons not good enough for where we''re heading.

Mcnamee - an impact player at best.We need something more than what he offers!

C Martin - can do it but not consistantly enough. At worst a more than squad player but one that would find it hard in the top flight. Needs another couple of seasons!

McNamee definitely wont i dont think.

Johnson might be, depends if Lambert thinks the loan spell will have improved him.

Wilbraham will be as i don''t think we would bring someone in for only 6 months.

Martin will be as well as Lambert is a great admirer of his finishing and knows that if he can get a goal then he''ll start banging them in for fun again. The only way he would leave would be if he got himself into trouble again and then i think Lambert would possibly look at it.

Stephen Hughes i think could leave as he seems to be nowhere near the side, given how good out midfield is and is out on loan. OTJ and Gill will also leave i think and i''ve heard rumours JBA is unhappy at the lack of football but is obviously behind Barnett, Ward, Whitbread so he could leave as well. Steven Smith will be leaving and depending on his development over the next couple of months i think we could see Daley out of the door.

Of course, the departures will also depend on if he can find someone to replace them if he feels we need them.