Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

PAUL LAMBERT: THE BIG DEBATE

Paul Lambert is truly an icon. Watching his activities on the touchline has added a new dimension to my view of games. He always gets a few touches of the ball and this, along with his pointing, arguing with officials and total concentration make him our 12th man however much he tries to deny it.

He turns up in his NCFC track suit and despite standing in a technical area always has his footie boots on. It is the same sort of passion  you see with youngsters who turn up at a match wearing full football kit and I surmise Paul probably has his shorts and shirt on under the tracksuit: but which Club?

Look at the piccie of Lambo congratulating Crofty on the pitch. He is surely wearing Borussia Dortmund socks?

Lambo won the European Cup with the yellow and black of Borussia Dortmund who currently head the Bundesliga and on Saturday tonked Bayern at their place. I wonder if Lambo wears more of the kit to go with the socks and also wonder if those socks were from his time at the Club as they appear different in style to the current issue? Footballers are nothing if not superstitious.

As a footnote (see what I did there?) we surely could make more of our link to a top German side who also play in yellow, such as a banner. If PL still wears the socks he would surely enjoy the gesture.

From Wikipedia :

''In a memorable 1997 UEFA Champions League Final in Munich, Dortmund faced a Juventus team featuring Zinedine Zidane. Karl-Heinz Riedle put Dortmund ahead shooting home a cross from Paul Lambert, just below the keeper. Riedle then made it 2 with a bullet header from a corner kick. In the second half, Alessandro Del Piero pulled one back for Juve. Then 20-year old substitute and local boy Lars Ricken latched on to a through pass by Andreas Möller. Only sixteen seconds after coming on to the pitch, Ricken chipped Angelo Peruzzi in the Juventus goal from over 20 yards with his first touch of the ball. With Zidane unable to make an impression against Lambert''s marking, Borussia lifted the trophy with a 3–1 victory.''

I absolutely love that last sentence. It shows his passion and desire, not being fazed by all the big names, a perfect example to set through the team. Almost what happend with Crofts re. Taarabt. The little known man had the so called championship superstar in his pocket all game!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Let''s start by turning Carrow Road into the Westfalenstadion, with the terraced areas, over 50,000 season tickets, and average attendances of 77,000. That would be pretty sweet.[/quote]F**k that, let''s start by invading Poland.

I''ve made a mental note to remind the club when Lambert finally leaves to count the socks.

I wouldn''t be too suprised either, if he is not deliberately putting his hand over Crofts name because he has made off with the OFTS from his shirt.

Of course the unbelievers will claim that the most practical footwear for walking about on wet slippery grass is footwear designed for that purpose - or that there maybe a sponsorship deal with Nike.

But they are daft. I''m sticking with the sock taking football organiser - which is OFTS backwards, scary, eh ?

We could of course have a Lambert day when the crowd turns up in tracksuit and boots. Health and Safety would of no doubt ban such activity as studs and concrete result in falls and fractures.

HRH

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Let''s start by turning Carrow Road into the Westfalenstadion, with the terraced areas, over 50,000 season tickets, and average attendances of 77,000. That would be pretty sweet.[/quote]F**k that, let''s start by invading Poland.[/quote](Falls off chair, choking)

sorry for potentially ending speculation about his socks but I believe theatr just Xara socks as you can purchase training wear from the club that is all black with yellow details. so I reckon they are just Xara socks that he gets from the club to get kitted out each day at work.

[quote user="youngcanary"]sorry for potentially ending speculation about his socks but I believe theatr just Xara socks as you can purchase training wear from the club that is all black with yellow details. so I reckon they are just Xara socks that he gets from the club to get kitted out each day at work.[/quote]

^^^^ This

"Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Let''s start by turning Carrow Road into the Westfalenstadion, with the terraced areas, over 50,000 season tickets, and average attendances of 77,000. That would be pretty sweet.

That''d be good!

Isn''t one of the terraced areas behind the goal there the biggest terraces in Europe and holds over 20,000?

That would be nice for the Barclay and would stop all the nonsense we have we stewards. Many People still want to stand at games and that isn''t going to change!

Safe standing areas where all fans have their own numbered crush barrier and the capacity of such a stand is the same as it is was as a seated area!

Even the great man Paul Lambert prefers to stand!