Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Another "get a grip" thread

Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off. Pathetic.

[quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.

If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. [/quote]

Your talking B*ll*cks [:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Well as the forums resident expert on the subject, I bow to your superior knowledge. [;)]

Herb, as much as I think Lambert has been superb for this club along with Mcnally too; I have not been impressed with PL''s transfer dealings in the striking department.

The rest of the team he has really strengthened with quality but striking wise not so, Oli, Mcnamee, Simeon and Wilbraham. I understand Wilbraham was brought into the squad as back up for holt but Mcnamee doesn''t get into the squad and Oli is out on loan. We don''t seem to have vision with these striking acquisitions,the load brought in in League 1 are now surplus/or not good enough after a season. If we were to get promoted then we would need another load of players as this lot aren''t getting into the squad or getting many goals.

Like I said before I am impressed with what Lambert has brought to the club, but his additions to the squad striking wise have not been the best.

I know I''ll be sent to Coventry but I just want the club to move forward and at the moment the striking problem needs sorting.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Herb, as much as I think Lambert has been superb for this club along with Mcnally too; I have not been impressed with PL''s transfer dealings in the striking department.

The rest of the team he has really strengthened with quality but striking wise not so, Oli, Mcnamee, Simeon and Wilbraham. I understand Wilbraham was brought into the squad as back up for holt but Mcnamee doesn''t get into the squad and Oli is out on loan. We don''t seem to have vision with these striking acquisitions,the load brought in in League 1 are now surplus/or not good enough after a season. If we were to get promoted then we would need another load of players as this lot aren''t getting into the squad or getting many goals.

Like I said before I am impressed with what Lambert has brought to the club, but his additions to the squad striking wise have not been the best.

I know I''ll be sent to Coventry but I just want the club to move forward and at the moment the striking problem needs sorting.

[/quote]Decent strikers are very rare, hence why they cost 3 or 4 times more than a player with equal ability in another position. Everyone including PL knows we need a striker in. but where do you find a player who can net 20+ goals that isn''t getting a look in at their club that isn''t attracting interest from clubs higher up the ladder or with deeper pockets than us.

[quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.
Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.

Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.

If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.

Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.

I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off.
Pathetic.
[/quote]

I agree Herb. It was a slight overeaction in the week, can''t believe how much it''s been blown out of proportion. Lamberts the best manager we''ve seen here for some time, and i have no doubt will bring in a decent striker as soon as it makes better sense to do so (regarding play off situation - He clearly would have also preferred to get Edwards next week listening to his comments today).

Herb, I agree that they are hard to come by but I had this discussion with Mr Doncaster where I mentioned the names of Doyle or Long where bought up. He said the same thing as yourself but other teams are finding gems in the non league area of the game. What is our scouting network bringing us?

If striking and strikers are at such a premium, why don''t we have a striking coach like we do a goalkeeping coach. The hardest thing to do is score in football but we don''t have any additional help in that area. Right now the strikers we have are good ones. 

We have spent money bringing in players who have had a use for one season at most in Oli and Mcnamee (and thats not taking into the account the games where they haven''t played). If we go up will Wilbraham be kept as a target man in the premiership?

I just wish we had a visual strategy for our strikers as I can''t see it. Oli will be moved on and I don''t see much of a future for Mcnamee either. Could we have not used this money to have bought in a longer term prospect?

Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.

Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.

If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.

Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.

I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off.
Pathetic.
[/quote]

Why is it bollocks that we haven''t managed to sign a proven striker.  Lambert is far and away the best manger we have had for years and potentially as good as O''Neil but that doesnt make him perfect.  I tell you what I think is bollocks this little old Norwich City mentality, which is just a nice little excuse for failure, I want success for my team do you not think we could and should be as successful as Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton, WBA, Wolves, Birmingham, Fulham etc?  I support Norwich and have done so home and away for 35 years through the good times and the bad and have never booed them even when they have been shit.  So I dont appreciate being told my opinion is not valid, you may disagree and I will happily enter into a grown up dicussion but dont tell me I''m talking bollocks.

[quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off. Pathetic.[/quote]Only the second post worth commenting on here all week...Couldn''t agree more.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.

Pathetic.
[/quote]

Only the second post worth commenting on here all week...

Couldn''t agree more.
[/quote]

You have just confirmed exactly what I am talking about.

[quote user="Ernie"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off. Pathetic.[/quote]Only the second post worth commenting on here all week...Couldn''t agree more.[/quote]

You have just confirmed exactly what I am talking about.

[/quote]On the contrary.. I have just agreed with the only the second sensible post on here all week.Yours on the other hand is utter tripe and I suggest you pull your pants up and join the dopey queue. Be warned though that it is very very long.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. [/quote]

[/quote]haha lovely comeback Nana... [Y]I seem to remember our expert Herb backing Mr Roeder for most of his stay with us, so maybe we should bow to his superior knowledge???

[quote user="Ernie"]

Pathetic.
[/quote]

I tell you what I think is bollocks this little old Norwich City mentality, which is just a nice little excuse for failure, I want success for my team do you not think we could and should be as successful as Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton, WBA, Wolves, Birmingham, Fulham etc? 

[/quote]

Successful?! - You''re having a laugh aren''t you Ernie?. I can only think you measure success by simply having Premier League status, because a good half of the teams you mentioned there are cr@p . I''ll tell you now, if we got to where they are now (mid to bottom Premier League table) you''d not be calling our beloved NCFC ''successful'' believe me - No, you''d be moaning why we''re not winning the Premier League title and Champions League title every season back to back. Tell me, did you watch the recent West Brom v Wolves game? We''d have played those sides off the park on a normal days service - absolute dross. I sometimes think people are too busy looking a year ahead to what might be, rather than taking in what''s happening in the present - and in our case, that''s a wonderful attacking and continental passing style of play, with generally the right result to go with it. Enjoy for today ;)

Herb you speak absolute sense :)  Which is very rare for a Pink''un poster it seems (yes I know first post but I''ve been a ''lurker'' for years so I''ve seen a lot of weird stuff posted on here to say the least).This ''Lambert having a woeful transfer record'' lark is completly absurd.  People complaining we haven''t spent the 2 million we had in January and how it may cost us promotion.  Lambert wanted Elliot Bennett but Brightons asking price was above that at which Lambert and McNally etc. thought he was worth so they attempted to negotiate and failed.  You then have to ask would people really be happy blowing most of that 2 million pounds on a player that wasn''t someone we had previously shown interest in.  Impulse buying someone because we''d lost out on our main target would have been a foolish gamble and to a club like us, in this financial climate is just too much of a gamble.  Look at Liverpool, they lost their talisman and splashed 35 million on Andy Carroll.  They panicked and if Carroll fails it will have cost Liverpool big time.  Can we afford that risk?  No, we need promotion and spending that much money on someone who the management team aren''t 100% sure on would be too much of a risk in terms of our Premier League ambitions.Lambert''s other transfer market critisism is that he has failed to bring in quality.  Lets really break this down then... (apologies if i miss anyone out, it is rather late)Fraser Forster - Awesome keeper doing well in Scotland now.  We all know his quality.John Ruddy - When all around me where slating him, I sat there smug as could be.  I knew he was going to come good.  I''ve seen the guy play on loan at Crewe in his younger days and he was superb.  Crewe fans will back me up.  And in recent times he''s settled, he''s won (most of) the fans over and PL has signed another great keeper.Russell Martin - The guy was ill last year and I''ll be the first to admit I thought he was a complete flop.  However, time to recover, having a run in the first team despit critics and praise from management and players for both performances and his influence on the team have transformed the guy into one of (if not the) best right back outside of the Premier League.  Great buy.Elliot Ward - The guy has looked nervy.  But lets face it, he''s had to play with Nelson, Askou (I think correct me if I''m wrong), Barnett and Whitbread.  The guy hasn''t really had time to form a settled partnership with anyone.  And I''m sure most will have noticed that defensive support on that left hand side (his normal side of the CB pairing) from the midfield is limited at the best of times now Lappin rarely features.  The guy was brought in on a free and so far has been hit and miss, but he''s a good Championship centre back, given time in a settled CB partnership I''m sure he''ll become a great signing.Zak Whitbread - Genuine class, got him from next to nothing and despite his injuries the guy has come back so strong and silenced those that thought he was going to be a complete dud.  Plenty more to come from the American me thinks.  Another great buy.Leon Barnett - Complete athlete, great defender, not played too much football in recent times at WBA but has shown pure class since signing here.  Another great buy.Steven Smith - Injury and homesickness ruined his (short) City career.  Only positive that he was on a free so we didn''t really lose out much.Marc Tierny - Can''t really comment on the guy.Andrew Crofts - Superb no one disputing this really.David Fox - See above really.Andrew Surman - Another one thats had a bad time via injury but his class is there for all to see, needs to get fit and when he does we could have a lethal assit machine in the side with his exceptional passing.Henri Lansbury - Only a loan but the guy goes out there every game and runs his heart out.  He''s desperate to play for Arsenal and his performances for us show that.  Great signing and great potential.Anthony Mcnammee - The guy is okay as an impact sub.  But thats it.  I think Lambert made a mistake in buying him here although we did need a winger at the time and he was on a cheap.  Still not done a lot for us and I expect to see him leave in the summer.  Oli Johnson - In his limited appearences for us he''s done a good job and has potential.  Bit of an unknown quantity and even a year after his signing the jury is out I''d say.Simeon Jackson - Needs a run in the team to find his confidence I think.  However, our style doesn''t really suit him so I don''t see him getting that run any time soon unfortunatly.  Just like a CB pairing a striking partnership takes time to gel.  Time will tell if he is the answer to our striking problems but at the moment he looks like a relitivly expensive flop.  I can only hope he turns it around becuase he is a great little player.Aaron Wilbraham - Looked crap when he first signed but in the last two games he''s been great.  He didn''t really get much credit for his performance against Doncaster but he chased everything, won his headers and only had one half chance to score.  Again I hope he''ll come good and he has improved a lot since his debut so I can see him becoming a decent player for us.  Jury is still out on him, only had a handful of games to show what he can do.In reality it seems thatLambert has actually been a succes in the transfer market with only Mcnanmmee and Steven Smith being the realy flops.  Although i will concede that Jackson and Wilbraham could follow although I doubt that they will.Whilst I''m on the topic of transfers my old man told me the other day that we had an equiry about Ched Evans rebuffed.  Before you knock it The guy that my Dad got this from was correct about Simeon Jackson signing and Wilbraham coming in too so who knows if it''s correct or not.  I''m always suspicious of stuff people tell me about transfers but this guy seems to be in the know so something may or may not develop there.One final thing, if you''ve made it this far well done I didn''t realise how much I''d written, is the attitude of the fans and the impact it is having on the atmosphere at Carrow Road.  Sitting in the upper N&P you come to expect things to be quiet but the last few games, you could hear a mouse farting!  And it''s not just the N&P being quite, the Jarrold have stopped their singing (which is a shame because you couldoccasionally hear a few songs break out there which is good), the Snakepit haven''t made much noise in ages and the Barclay seemed to have adopted the Library attitude we have in the Building Society Stand.I feel that we have grown arrogant through success and that is the reason the singing has stopped.  The fans expect the players to score 4 goals a game it seems and play Barcelona style football in the process.  When things go our way Carrow Road is one of the best places in the world to be, I love it and just thinking about it now makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up but for some reason we have adopted the view that it is our God given right to win football matches and I think that is rubbing off on the players.  They feel the pressure to perform and that is why our home form is now where near as impressive as our record away from home.  For our own sake I hope we begin to get behind the team more because it really will make a difference.  With 24000 Norwich fans urging those 11 men on, we can be the best team in this league.We need to take responsibility for poor performances at home.  Those two or so thousand fans that travel away and sing their hearts out lift the players, the proof is in the pudding, the best away record in the league.  But negativity and arrogance when team roll into Carrow Road is effecting home performances and without a good home record wave goodbye to those precious automatic promotion spots.  Phew!  I almost got a stich from all that typing!  Just had to voice my view because this has irritated me both comments on this forum and from those around me at matchdays.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Ernie"]

Pathetic.
[/quote]

I tell you what I think is bollocks this little old Norwich City mentality, which is just a nice little excuse for failure, I want success for my team do you not think we could and should be as successful as Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton, WBA, Wolves, Birmingham, Fulham etc? 

[/quote]

Successful?! - You''re having a laugh aren''t you Ernie?. I can only think you measure success by simply having Premier League status, because a good half of the teams you mentioned there are cr@p . I''ll tell you now, if we got to where they are now (mid to bottom Premier League table) you''d not be calling our beloved NCFC ''successful'' believe me - No, you''d be moaning why we''re not winning the Premier League title and Champions League title every season back to back. Tell me, did you watch the recent West Brom v Wolves game? We''d have played those sides off the park on a normal days service - absolute dross. I sometimes think people are too busy looking a year ahead to what might be, rather than taking in what''s happening in the present - and in our case, that''s a wonderful attacking and continental passing style of play, with generally the right result to go with it. Enjoy for today ;)

[/quote]

You make no sense at all, of course those teams at present are more successful than us there in a higher league.  Is your ambition for Norwich to remain in the Championship?  Of course with promotion comes the little matter of 90 million but of course your not interested in that clearly.  Why would I believe we could win the Premier league or the Champions league? But how about a decent cup run or dare I say it European football, I mean its not that we have never done that before or been established in the top division for many many years have we?  I''ll say it again, small town little old Norwich mentality strikes again.

[quote user="Ernie"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Ernie"]

[quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off. Pathetic.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You make no sense at all, of course those teams at present are more successful than us there in a higher league.  Is your ambition for Norwich to remain in the Championship?  Of course with promotion comes the little matter of 90 million but of course your not interested in that clearly.  Why would I believe we could win the Premier league or the Champions league? But how about a decent cup run or dare I say it European football, I mean its not that we have never done that before or been established in the top division for many many years have we?  I''ll say it again, small town little old Norwich mentality strikes again.

[/quote]FFS.Someone''s been playing on his X-Box for too long.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Ernie"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Ernie"]

Pathetic.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

FFS.

Someone''s been playing on his X-Box for too long.
[/quote]

X-Box, what''s that?

[quote user="Ernie"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Ernie"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Ernie"]

[quote user="Herb"]Seriously, some of you lot need to take a step back, look at what you''re posting and realise it''s actually b*ll*cks.Sorry to be so blunt, but some of the posts on here recently have been hilarious. Questioning Lambert''s transfer window activity (and it is Lambert you''re questioning, not the board, because we know cash was available) in particular really shows the ignorance of some people.Lambert spoke today about how important squad harmony is and how he looks to sign players who compliment the current squad''s togetherness and work ethic. Sadly, that isn''t every player who some of the armchair experts on here found were really good on Football Manager 20XX.If we don''t go up (and honestly I don''t expect us to this season) then the players aren''t suddenly going to become rubbish next season. While the manager maintains the togetherness we have, the team can only get stronger. He maintains that by signing the players he wants, not the ones you want.Sometimes the one you''re really after gets away, as with Bennett. The worst thing we could do in that situation is sign an also-ran of questionable ability/attitude, especially with a squad thats doing a pretty decent job already. Been down that road before and you end up with some of the performances served up under Roeder.I wouldn''t mind betting that these same people were the ones booing the team off on Tuesday. They didn''t manage to sing all game, yet they find the energy to boo Lambert''s team off. Pathetic.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]FFS.Someone''s been playing on his X-Box for too long.[/quote]

X-Box, what''s that?

[/quote]It''s where you keep your porno.

"Of course with promotion comes the little matter of 90 million"

That''s why Bolton are £80m in debt and many of the Premier League clubs are also carrying horredous debets.

The problem is Mr Earnest chap is that as you haven''t really come up with a coherent argument you keep falling back on that old tried and tested trick of making up something that the other person hasn''t said then arguing against that instead.

Having some obsessive fixation about us signing a striker does not mean that everyone else therefore has a small norwich mentality, nor that they don''t want success.

I''m sure that a board and a management structure that has got us from a 7-1 home defeat in Division Three to a fairly likely playoff place into the Premier Laeague with a runaway title in between might just be aware of what players are needed in the squad, what players have been contacted, what funds are available etc

I''m sure you mean well and nobody is doubting your support, but perhaps, just maybe, others also support the club and want success just as much as you do. That they are not throwing their toys out of the pram and having tears before bedtime because their comfort blanket of a ''proven striker'' is not been delivered doesn''t mean they are any the less passionate.

Perhaps also consider why in all your 35 years of loyal support nobody from the club has actually asked you to help run things, why it''s not you sat on the board or organising things at the training ground.

Maybe it''s because the club still thinks that ''Talking B*ll*x'' is some Red Indian porn star, not the apt description of a forum members constant posts.

[quote user="City1st"]"Of course with promotion comes the little matter of 90 million" That''s why Bolton are £80m in debt and many of the Premier League clubs are also carrying horredous debets. The problem is Mr Earnest chap is that as you haven''t really come up with a coherent argument you keep falling back on that old tried and tested trick of making up something that the other person hasn''t said then arguing against that instead. Having some obsessive fixation about us signing a striker does not mean that everyone else therefore has a small norwich mentality, nor that they don''t want success. I''m sure that a board and a management structure that has got us from a 7-1 home defeat in Division Three to a fairly likely playoff place into the Premier Laeague with a runaway title in between might just be aware of what players are needed in the squad, what players have been contacted, what funds are available etc I''m sure you mean well and nobody is doubting your support, but perhaps, just maybe, others also support the club and want success just as much as you do. That they are not throwing their toys out of the pram and having tears before bedtime because their comfort blanket of a ''proven striker'' is not been delivered doesn''t mean they are any the less passionate. Perhaps also consider why in all your 35 years of loyal support nobody from the club has actually asked you to help run things, why it''s not you sat on the board or organising things at the training ground. Maybe it''s because the club still thinks that ''Talking B*ll*x'' is some Red Indian porn star, not the apt description of a forum members constant posts.[/quote]

With respect to Earnie - I understand your passion for our club but not your argument. To answer your question, of course i''d like to see 90 million squid in the kitty (no brainer?!). A top post there City 1st [Y]

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="City1st"]"Of course with promotion comes the little matter of 90 million" That''s why Bolton are £80m in debt and many of the Premier League clubs are also carrying horredous debets. The problem is Mr Earnest chap is that as you haven''t really come up with a coherent argument you keep falling back on that old tried and tested trick of making up something that the other person hasn''t said then arguing against that instead. Having some obsessive fixation about us signing a striker does not mean that everyone else therefore has a small norwich mentality, nor that they don''t want success. I''m sure that a board and a management structure that has got us from a 7-1 home defeat in Division Three to a fairly likely playoff place into the Premier Laeague with a runaway title in between might just be aware of what players are needed in the squad, what players have been contacted, what funds are available etc I''m sure you mean well and nobody is doubting your support, but perhaps, just maybe, others also support the club and want success just as much as you do. That they are not throwing their toys out of the pram and having tears before bedtime because their comfort blanket of a ''proven striker'' is not been delivered doesn''t mean they are any the less passionate. Perhaps also consider why in all your 35 years of loyal support nobody from the club has actually asked you to help run things, why it''s not you sat on the board or organising things at the training ground. Maybe it''s because the club still thinks that ''Talking B*ll*x'' is some Red Indian porn star, not the apt description of a forum members constant posts.[/quote]

With respect to Earnie - I understand your passion for our club but not your argument. To answer your question, of course i''d like to see 90 million squid in the kitty (no brainer?!). A top post there City 1st [Y]

[/quote]Completely understand your points here.  Buts lets be brutally honest, my so called obsession with signing a striker is based on the fact we have only have one who can score! I bet if Lambert can still get one in he would sign them in a heartbeat, particually now Martin''s injured and his praise for wheeliebin ended up with him sat on the bench!

"I bet if Lambert can still get one in he would sign them in a heartbeat, particually now Martin''s injured and his praise for wheeliebin ended up with him sat on the bench! "

Ignoring all the silly name-calling, this is the crux of the matter. Who is available, who is capable of a goal in every 2 games at this level ? And if they are capable of this, why aren''t they already playing for their own team ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"I bet if Lambert can still get one in he would sign them in a heartbeat, particually now Martin''s injured and his praise for wheeliebin ended up with him sat on the bench! " Ignoring all the silly name-calling, this is the crux of the matter. Who is available, who is capable of a goal in every 2 games at this level ? And if they are capable of this, why aren''t they already playing for their own team ?[/quote]

Agreed, which is why I believe we really should have tried to sign a striker in Jan.  Its going to be tough now as you said, but at least we are still capable of playing some good stuff and more recently we seemed to have tighten up a bit at the back which can only be good.

But therein lies the problem Ernie. You don''t know that the club did not try to sign another striker - proven or not. You don''t know what has happened in regard to transfers loan etc yet it has not stopped you making wild unfounded allegations against both the club, the board, the management and fellow fans.

If you can give us all, chapter and versem where all the above have came out and said they are against, don''t want, will not, we don''t need (or any other variation of that view) another striker then you will be half way to having a ''valid'' argument.

Personally I have not read or heard of anyone making a strong case for not signing another striker where possible. And it is that ''where possible'' that you seem to be conveniently ignoring.

If it was that simple, do you not think that the club, board, manager etc would not have done that ? Do you seriously think that there is some conspiracy amongst those running the club to thwart you own, personally held ''ambitions'' ? That we, the rest of us, are all in on it as well ?

Do you seriously think that no one else is aware of who is scoring goals, where we are in the league, what promotion will mean, what can be done to to keep us winning ?

However frustrating it is, however much games like Doncaster can hurt/anger just remember it hits us all. Also, perhaps consider, that throwing wild allegations around don''t help nothing. It''s not blind faith we need, but maybe a bit more trust ... and support would not go amiss.

To be fair to Ernie City1st, it was pretty clear where our transfer business was going to take place - we were either going to get Bennett from Brighton or we weren''t. Wilbraham has been chosen as the cover striker, because he is the type of player who can link up with midfield, hold the ball, and bring others into the game further up the pitch. The fact that Grant Holt does this, and has also scored 3 league goals this season, is remarkable. The fact that we picked him up from Shrewsbury for a song is even more remarkable. With time and fitness training, who is to say that Wilbraham won''t become the next Holt ?

"To be fair to Ernie City1st"

Ernie City1st ?

Misterr City1st to you, sonny

ps Holt has scored 13, not 3 league goals

pps how did you know my christian name was Earnest ?

"lose an argument" hardly

Defeated by stunning, incisive logic and analysis yes, as with -

"we were either going to get Bennett from Brighton or we weren''t"