Sign in to follow this  
* $@[) *

Former NCFC Player May Be On His Way Back

Wish this was true, but Sheffield United will not want to let him go when they are fighting a relegation battle and Lambert rubbished the rumours, although I wouldn''t expect him to admit it even if it was true

Well they have at least heard of the rumours up in Sheffield as it has been discussed on the Sheffield mad board .Opinion up there is he will be off somewhere for sure as they wont be able to afford to keep him .

[quote user="KCanary"]Put your tin hat on mate, you are about to be bombarded![/quote]

Quality reponse PMSL!!!!!!

Gotta be up there with the best!

I think it''s highly unlikely, but i''ll try to find a reason why it might happen (lol)

Sheffield United realised they''re relegated and seriously short of cash, kept him for the matches v Palace and Scunthorpe and lost both.

5 points behind Palace, 2 Points behind scunthorpe and scunthorpe have 2 games in hand.

No win under manager (something like 12 games).

Situation not looking great,

oh and Sheff Utd have in last 13 games to play:

Forest, Watford, Leeds, QPR, Cardiff, Swansea.

That being said is only 5 points behind potentially safety, but tough gams to come and they can''t beat their relegation rivals. Writing appears to be on the wall.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he moves in the summer, doubt very much he will be going anywhere in the meantime.

Out on the town in Sheff last night and all my Blades mates are convinced.  They need to get him off their salary bill - he is now their highest contracted salaried player (supposedly £18K a week) and they will consider sharing the costs up to end of season and then sell - so loan turning into full transfer is being talked about.  Norwich are tipped ''cos I think he has a girlfriend from Norwich - is that right?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But if sheff utd go down then there is a much greater chance. Especially if we go up.[/quote]If we were to go up (and it is still a big if), can you imagine the reaction on here were we to sign a pretty much unproven striker from a relegated team with the worst scoring record in the division by a country mile? Evans is not going to score enough goals to keep anyone in the Prem if he cannot do it in the Championship.Ched Evans may have looked good for us a couple of years ago but sadly he has done zilch since except get caught up in his own hype.

I think he is class, would defenitely strengthen our strikeforce.

May not be doing well at the moment but look at the team around him, not exactly stunning is it?

[quote user="chicken"]I think he is class, would defenitely strengthen our strikeforce.

May not be doing well at the moment but look at the team around him, not exactly stunning is it?[/quote]Agree. When you''re looking at potential, it''s the quality of goals more than the sheer quantity. His goal against us was excellent.

So with regards to Ched, what would you do if you were the Sheffield United board. I have no inside knowledge relating to Cheds contract, however I would bet my house that he has a relegation release clause written into it. It may or may not be associated by a minimum buy out clause. However if it hasn`t then alarm bells would be screaming if I were a blade. He cost them £3 million a couple of seasons ago. If they do go down then potentially he could walk for free. Therefore with the league table as it stands I wouldn`t be surprised to see the board cut their losses and accept a loan with a view to a permenant transfer. I reckon a bid of £750,000 to £1 million might just do it???

[quote user="Mutley"]So with regards to Ched, what would you do if you were the Sheffield United board. I have no inside knowledge relating to Cheds contract, however I would bet my house that he has a relegation release clause written into it. It may or may not be associated by a minimum buy out clause. However if it hasn`t then alarm bells would be screaming if I were a blade. He cost them £3 million a couple of seasons ago. If they do go down then potentially he could walk for free. Therefore with the league table as it stands I wouldn`t be surprised to see the board cut their losses and accept a loan with a view to a permenant transfer. I reckon a bid of £750,000 to £1 million might just do it???[/quote]

How do we know Lambert would want him, all this name picking and throwing, only PL knows who he wants, and you can bet it''s someone none of us  thought of

Part of the reason they are struggling perhaps.

Ched was not worth £3million. That''s silly money at this level and for that you would want someone nailed on to score goals.

Up until signing for them how many games had he played in a row? Got a few for us, not many for Man City. £1million yes, £3million no.

Right now they would be lucky to get £1million for him, especially if his wage demands are reletively high.

Earnshaw cost £3million and he is a goal getter, but a proven one. Ched is not quite there yet. Needs a good season or two of consitantly getting goals.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But if sheff utd go down then there is a much greater chance. Especially if we go up.[/quote]

If we were to go up (and it is still a big if), can you imagine the reaction on here were we to sign a pretty much unproven striker from a relegated team with the worst scoring record in the division by a country mile? Evans is not going to score enough goals to keep anyone in the Prem if he cannot do it in the Championship.

Ched Evans may have looked good for us a couple of years ago but sadly he has done zilch since except get caught up in his own hype.
[/quote]

Nail-on-head. Ched was great for us when he was here but he was one of the only shining lights in what was one of Norwich''s darkest times. As you have said, he has done little else since leaving us.

I go along with the reasons given for it to happen and believe it will. Sheff Utd have a history of offloading expensive players when things are not going well, such as Beattie a couple of seasons ago. It''s tough scoring goals in a struggling side and I''m certain that he would have no problems at Norwich in that respect.  

[quote user="paul moy"]I go along with the reasons given for it to happen and believe it will. Sheff Utd have a history of offloading expensive players when things are not going well, such as Beattie a couple of seasons ago. It''s tough scoring goals in a struggling side and I''m certain that he would have no problems at Norwich in that respect.  [/quote]

do you know something we don''t? you seem quite confident it will happen, but we have not been officially linked with Evans and Lambert himself dismissed rumours saying we had more chance of singing "Linda Evans" lol

[quote user="Mutley"]So with regards to Ched, what would you do if you were the Sheffield United board. I have no inside knowledge relating to Cheds contract, however I would bet my house that he has a relegation release clause written into it. It may or may not be associated by a minimum buy out clause. However if it hasn`t then alarm bells would be screaming if I were a blade. He cost them £3 million a couple of seasons ago. If they do go down then potentially he could walk for free. Therefore with the league table as it stands I wouldn`t be surprised to see the board cut their losses and accept a loan with a view to a permenant transfer. I reckon a bid of £750,000 to £1 million might just do it???[/quote]Someone plays a tad too much Football Manager.This so called "relegation release clause", if put into a contract, the release is a set amount. It doesn''t automatically mean he is released. It means to be released this is the set amount a team would pay.

I''m only confident because I keep hearing rumours such as this latest one, allied to Ched''s previous successful spell with us which should mean that the club''s hierarchy are monitoring the situation. It makes sense to get him if we can IMO, and surely if he wants to move this must be one of his best options in his own mind.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"][quote user="Mutley"]So with regards to Ched, what would you do if you were the Sheffield United board. I have no inside knowledge relating to Cheds contract, however I would bet my house that he has a relegation release clause written into it. It may or may not be associated by a minimum buy out clause. However if it hasn`t then alarm bells would be screaming if I were a blade. He cost them £3 million a couple of seasons ago. If they do go down then potentially he could walk for free. Therefore with the league table as it stands I wouldn`t be surprised to see the board cut their losses and accept a loan with a view to a permenant transfer. I reckon a bid of £750,000 to £1 million might just do it???[/quote]

Someone plays a tad too much Football Manager.

This so called "relegation release clause", if put into a contract, the release is a set amount. It doesn''t automatically mean he is released. It means to be released this is the set amount a team would pay.
[/quote]

I can assure you Lincoln I haven`t played football manager for over a decade and in my defence I did state in the green text that it may or may not be tied in to a minimum release fee.

Either way we are looking for a quality striker and Ched is that, and fits what we are looking for strong, quick can play off a target man. Coupled with that, Sheff Utd are in all sorts of trouble and have got an horrendous run in till the end of the season. I think we could pick up a real gem at a very good price.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"][quote user="Mutley"]So with regards to Ched, what would you do if you were the Sheffield United board. I have no inside knowledge relating to Cheds contract, however I would bet my house that he has a relegation release clause written into it. It may or may not be associated by a minimum buy out clause. However if it hasn`t then alarm bells would be screaming if I were a blade. He cost them £3 million a couple of seasons ago. If they do go down then potentially he could walk for free. Therefore with the league table as it stands I wouldn`t be surprised to see the board cut their losses and accept a loan with a view to a permenant transfer. I reckon a bid of £750,000 to £1 million might just do it???[/quote]

Someone plays a tad too much Football Manager.

This so called "relegation release clause", if put into a contract, the release is a set amount. It doesn''t automatically mean he is released. It means to be released this is the set amount a team would pay.
[/quote]

I can assure you Lincoln I haven`t played football manager for over a decade and in my defence I did state in the green text that it may or may not be tied in to a minimum release fee.

Either way we are looking for a quality striker and Ched is that, and fits what we are looking for strong, quick can play off a target man. Coupled with that, Sheff Utd are in all sorts of trouble and have got an horrendous run in till the end of the season. I think we could pick up a real gem at a very good price.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But if sheff utd go down then there is a much greater chance. Especially if we go up.[/quote]If we were to go up (and it is still a big if), can you imagine the reaction on here were we to sign a pretty much unproven striker from a relegated team with the worst scoring record in the division by a country mile? Evans is not going to score enough goals to keep anyone in the Prem if he cannot do it in the Championship.Ched Evans may have looked good for us a couple of years ago but sadly he has done zilch since except get caught up in his own hype.[/quote]

Two things here. 1.) Ched Evans gave us nightmares when we played the Blades. 2.) I wouldn''t blame Ched''s lack of goals on him specifically. I''d also look at the service he''s had from the midfield.If we got Chez in the Green & Yellow, then I would say that 2nd is ours for the taking. But in reality, I can''t see it happening. However, I''m always wrong, sometimes.