Sign in to follow this  
stopage time winner

marc tierney

Was at the game yesterday ,i am a big Adam Drury fan but  am i the only one who thought marc was outstanding .I know Barnsley were poor but i thought his all round play was spot on from the cross for the first goal to his tackling and option of the long throw in. But then i knew that anyway as my son for his sins is a col u fan ,and must admit ive seen him play many times in a col u shirt .OTBC

Matter of time before Drury was dropped but Tierney was another level yesterday as was the whole 11. Long throw is lethal and actually does something when he goes forward. Drury will have a job getting back in the side now.

...I sense this is the beginning of the end now for Drury, Lambert has been substituting Drury toward the end of matches recently, which is unusual for a full back and I think he''s been looking for an excuse to drop him, the o.g vs Doncaster was probably just that.

many have tried and failed to overthrow Drury down the years.....Brennan,Heckingbottom,Charlton,Bertrand,Rose etc etc....but Tierney looks as if he''s going to be the one that finally does it?

Drury looked the worst I''ve ever seen him vs Doncaster. It was like he just had no passion to play.

He kept moving forward where he''d normally pass the ball and overlap but instead he''d just stop and pass back, or waste the ball into the defence.

Actually I think Tierney''s long throws are a non-event.  They just loop up hopefully - nowhere near as good as that Stoke blokes -they have to be thrown in hard, fast and on a low trajectory.  Tierney''s just loop up slowly in the air.  With the players we have, much better to play our way into the penalty area.Other than that Tierney was pretty competent, but once Drury has had a rest he''ll be back.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Actually I think Tierney''s long throws are a non-event.  They just loop up hopefully - nowhere near as good as that Stoke blokes -they have to be thrown in hard, fast and on a low trajectory.  Tierney''s just loop up slowly in the air.  With the players we have, much better to play our way into the penalty area.

Other than that Tierney was pretty competent, but once Drury has had a rest he''ll be back.
[/quote]

Underselling him but I suppose the Drury d*ck riders would do that.

Mmmm, maybe but I just watched Canary Player highlights and was reminded

how Barnsley''s bright start was mainly through attacking him during the

opening period - dived in quite a few times.  Did settle later and did

set up Croft''s first, didn''t do a lot wrong but mainly ''cos he weren''t

threatened.  It''s great to have competition for the position but I doubt

he will have the same length of career as Drury, whose experience will

be used again by Lambert in the tun in.  Tierney shouldn''t make the

place his own on the back of his long throws though.

too soon to tell - as good as tierneys assist was yesterday drury did the same against doncaster and set up a second for holt too.

He did not look good though on Tue so not surprised he was dropped - thought he lacked fitness confidence.

Having said that the view was just how poor was tierny was when he started before and people we ready for drury to come back -are we really so driven by just one performance?

Drury has been sound this year - and I suspect tierny will be a good signing too

I don''t think I had criticised Drury before since he signed for the club, but I did feel that in the last 5 or 6 games since he came back into the side he hadn''t been at his best. Just not looking confident in possession and he had a torrid time against Kebe and Snodgrass.

I actually wonder if there is something going on that we don''t know about because Lambert in interview said something along the lines of ''I need to look after Adam for a number of reasons''.

Maybe he''s carrying an injury or there is a personal issue. I''m sure we''ll see him back playing well before long though. You don''t play as long as he has done at such a high standard and just lose it all of a sudden.

Tierney looks a decent player but his distribution looks a little agricultural. Although he isn''t the best defensively, I actually though Lappin did very well there in that period when he was left back, his crosses were a real threat.

OTBC

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

I don''t think I had criticised Drury before since he signed for the club, but I did feel that in the last 5 or 6 games since he came back into the side he hadn''t been at his best. Just not looking confident in possession and he had a torrid time against Kebe and Snodgrass.

I actually wonder if there is something going on that we don''t know about because Lambert in interview said something along the lines of ''I need to look after Adam for a number of reasons''.

Maybe he''s carrying an injury or there is a personal issue. I''m sure we''ll see him back playing well before long though. You don''t play as long as he has done at such a high standard and just lose it all of a sudden.

Tierney looks a decent player but his distribution looks a little agricultural. Although he isn''t the best defensively, I actually though Lappin did very well there in that period when he was left back, his crosses were a real threat.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yeah that comment stuck out to me also; hope he is ok

I like Adam think he''s a classy defensive full back. However, I feel it''s only a matter of time before he finds stiff competition for his place.

with a diamond formation, you need Cafu style fullbacks, who have amazing amount of stamina and defensive capabilities (no concern on those two for Drury) but they also need to be able to get forward and have quality in the final third.

Adam''s have some good moments this season getting forward, but I don''t think it''s natural to his game.

Regardless to the future, Adam''s been a great servant to this club and hope any off the field issues, aren''t serious.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...I sense this is the beginning of the end now for Drury, Lambert has been substituting Drury toward the end of matches recently, which is unusual for a full back and I think he''s been looking for an excuse to drop him, the o.g vs Doncaster was probably just that. . many have tried and failed to overthrow Drury down the years.....Brennan,Heckingbottom,Charlton,Bertrand,Rose etc etc....but Tierney looks as if he''s going to be the one that finally does it?[/quote]

LOL, that will be just the Leeds game then, hardly a habit is it?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Drury looked the worst I''ve ever seen him vs Doncaster. It was like he just had no passion to play.

He kept moving forward where he''d normally pass the ball and overlap but instead he''d just stop and pass back, or waste the ball into the defence.[/quote]No true Norwich fan would EVER question Adam Drury''s passion to play for us. The guy has legendary and hugely loyal status with us. Never question that again.

Tierney looks much better in the air, where Drury struggles with the aerial ball against anyone big, e.g. Kebe. All-round stronger-looking than Steven Smith.

Suspect he''ll be a solid performer (POTS previously for Shrewsbury & Col U, I seem to remember reading, when he signed for us).

Dyer for Swansea will be a real tester, though.

I wonder if perhaps it was the prospect of three games in eight days that made PL give Drury a rest?

He had played at Leeds, and three days later had the struggle against Doncaster. so perhaps it was simple tiredness.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...I sense this is the beginning of the end now for Drury, Lambert has been substituting Drury toward the end of matches recently, which is unusual for a full back and I think he''s been looking for an excuse to drop him, the o.g vs Doncaster was probably just that. . many have tried and failed to overthrow Drury down the years.....Brennan,Heckingbottom,Charlton,Bertrand,Rose etc etc....but Tierney looks as if he''s going to be the one that finally does it?[/quote]

LOL, that will be just the Leeds game then, hardly a habit is it?

[/quote]

And Palarse away where Drury was poor.

People have to remember Drury is getting on a bit now and has had a lot of injuries over the past few seasons. I think back-to-back games had caught up with him against Doncaster. However after Saturday I don''t think Tierney can be dropped, wasn''t particularly tested but looked an all action full back very much in the Pearce/Dicks mode,

Yes a previous poster was right to blast another one for questioning Drurys passion for playing or Norwich!

Since his ime ith us hes been by far the best left back we''ve had nd theirs been a few try and replace him!

Drurys got more class than Tierney an as a rsult is less likely to give away needless fouls. Tierneys 1stgame at Palace I thought he was bit fortunate to not give away a penalty when he climbed over a players back in the box!

Drury has to be used carefully because he is prone to injury. Tierneys a good addition to the squad who can cover for Drury well but its way way premature to suggest Drurys finished. Hes got another 1 year deal!

I was quite surprised to learn that Drury had been rested on Saturday. Time will tell if Tierney becomes first choice left back for Lambert, but I''ve noticed he''s gradually weeded out previous City manager''s players and replaced them with his own. There were nine Lambo acquisitions in the starting line-up on Saturday -although I can''t see it being eleven any time soon, with the excellent Holt and Hoolahan being so hard to replace.

I''ve always rated Marc since his Col Who days, even after his rash comments to keep the tin pot Essex fans quiet. He''ll bend up a big player for us imo.

"He''ll bend up a big player for us"

Freudian slip there perhaps, wiz ?

[quote user="City1st"]"He''ll bend up a big player for us" Freudian slip there perhaps, wiz ?[/quote]

Oh bugger...........er sorry...........damn.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="City1st"]"He''ll bend up a big player for us" Freudian slip there perhaps, wiz ?[/quote]

Oh bugger...........er sorry...........damn.[:D]

[/quote]hahaha [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/lol.gif[/img]