Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Well, if we're not to get another striker in.........

........maybe Lambert should step up the coaching of our central defenders in the art of scoring from set pieces?

We need a few more goals from somewhere.

Steve Bruce may be willing to give a few tips!

[;)]

OTBC

Another well thought out post by the attention-seeking bore. It is obvious that he has no idea who scores the goals and how many we have scored.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I bet he''s never thought of that........[/quote]

Well, Stalker, since you''re sure he has thought of that, what do you reckon he''s done about it - successful as it would seem with respect to our 3 leading central defenders?

This season:

Ward          1 goal in 29 appearances.

Barnett        1/26

Whitbread   0/11

Nelson         2/9

Askou          1/6

(Nelson''s scoring rate was at 6/27 games and Askou is at 5/30 games).

OTBC

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Scunthorpe have got a decent goalscoring centre back, maybe we should look at him?
[/quote]

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

Another well thought out post by the attention-seeking bore. It is obvious that he has no idea who scores the goals and how many we have scored.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

You filling in for the other resident twerp today? Or backing up Stalker?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, Stalker........

[/quote]That''s the problem with too much ganja Bly, makes you PARANOID. [<:o)]

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/ganja_roz-1.jpg[/IMG]

Perhaps I''ve missed something but how can someone be a stalker by replying to a message sent by someone on a public message board? It doesn''t add up.

To answer your point BBB goals have been coming from all over the pitch this season, it is obvious we haven''t scored as many as last season as we were in a lower standard league last season!

We are failing to take our chances - how many did even Holt miss against Barnsley? According to the Telegraph table on Monday, in 34 games we have had 442 attempts at goal, or 13 per match. We have the highest figure in the Championship, followed by Leicester on 438 and Leeds slightly lower.

As we are scoring something like 1.7 per game on average, we would have to score 3 per game for the rest of the season to average 2 per game overall.

If we could convert one more chance in each game, and maintain our defensive record, then we would go a long way towards our goal.

Do we need to sign a new striker? (I think that this is an academic question, as I think that PL will struggle to persuade managers to part with anyone who is in form and good.)

Can we succeed with what we have got?

I am optimistic that we can.

- we are creating chances by the bucketful

- we have a midifeld capable of scoring goals, and one or two who have not clicked yet but could - e.g. Surman and Fox. In addition the more they play together, the better chances they will present Holt.

- the partial alternative to scoring is to concede fewer goals. I haven''t checked but I suspect that we are coneding fewer goals now than we were earlier in the season (- our goal difference is rising.) The defence is playing better, Ruddy is better and with 4-5-1 containing both Fox and Crofts there is more bite in the midfield than in the narrow diamond.

A new striker, which I would like, would give us more options, especially if we encounter injuries or suspensions, but I am quietly optimistic that even without one we are a threat to all the top teams, let alone those below.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Perhaps I''ve missed something but how can someone be a stalker by replying to a message sent by someone on a public message board? It doesn''t add up. To answer your point BBB goals have been coming from all over the pitch this season, it is obvious we haven''t scored as many as last season as we were in a lower standard league last season![/quote]

Swap Crofts round with Willibum simple, as the saying goes

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, Stalker, since you''re sure he has thought of that, what do you reckon he''s done about it - successful as it would seem with respect to our 3 leading central defenders?

This season:

Barnett        1/26

Whitbread   0/11

Nelson         2/9

Askou          1/6

OTBC

[/quote]

If you must try to justify posting such piffle on here Bly please make sure that what you post is factually correct because i think you will find that this seasons statistice you quote for Nelson and Askou are way off beam.They have no relation to what the official Club statistics display so i can only assume they have been taken from one of your dodgy rumour sites you frequent.

What was PL thinking trying to get Robbie Blake on loan?

Perhaps he is looking for a quality loanee, we''ve certainly had a few duds in the past.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This season:

Barnett        1/26

Whitbread   0/11

Nelson         2/9

Askou          1/6

OTBC

[/quote]

If you must try to justify posting such piffle on here Bly please make sure that what you post is factually correct because i think you will find that this seasons statistice you quote for Nelson and Askou are way off beam.They have no relation to what the official Club statistics display so i can only assume they have been taken from one of your dodgy rumour sites you frequent.

[/quote]

Plod, you''re either not numerate or illiterate - maybe both?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/stats/appearances-goals

OTBC

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Then maybe we could move to top scorers in the division rather joint third. Why are people coming up with this myth that we are not scoring goals ?[/quote]

Because we are the Arsenal of The Championship and we never shoot. Arsenal''s never shooting has lead them to become only the second top scorers in The Premiership. How pathetic. Is that what you want for us? IS IT?

[;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This season:

Barnett        1/26

Whitbread   0/11

Nelson         2/9

Askou          1/6

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry Bly i did not count the substitute appearances in my equations.

Would you like to see my GCSE certificates in Maths,English literature and English language?

Anyway is it not about time you mentioned the inner circle on this thread?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This season:

Barnett        1/26

Whitbread   0/11

Nelson         2/9

Askou          1/6

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry Bly i did not count the substitute appearances in my equations.

Would you like to see my GCSE certificates in Maths,English literature and English language?

Anyway is it not about time you mentioned the inner circle on this thread?

[/quote]

GSCE or GCE?

But still it''s good to know that somebody in the inner circle can admit to a mistake and apologise.

One love.

OTBC