Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Apologies for the lateness of my pick but i''ve been working away this week and only just returned home.

I think Rangers will beat St Johnstone tomorrow in the SPL.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Oh yes and really tough luck Nana.  You picked 4 correctly, Leicester drew when most would have expected a win and yet again it was the home banker, Fleetwood, that let us down.

[Y]

[/quote]

Fleetwood did lose but that wasn''t on Nanas picks [:)]

[/quote]

Oh, well excuse me! 

CHESTERFIELD, happy now!?  The points I make are still valid - The home banker let us down yet again and when the teams with the longer odds came in![:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Oh yes and really tough luck Nana.  You picked 4 correctly, Leicester drew when most would have expected a win and yet again it was the home banker, Fleetwood, that let us down.

[Y]

[/quote]

Fleetwood did lose but that wasn''t on Nanas picks [:)]

[/quote]

Oh, well excuse me! 

CHESTERFIELD, happy now!?  The points I make are still valid - The home banker let us down yet again and when the teams with the longer odds came in![:@]

[/quote]Surely you''ve worked out by now that pedantry is part of CA''s unique charm.Tough week though.  Chesterfield getting done by Morecambe was a big upset. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
Surely you''ve worked out by now that pedantry is part of CA''s unique charm.

[/quote]

At least I have some charm Mr Chops [:)] 

Bad Luck Banana but hope you''ve had a great day celebrating your birthday.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can only be a lucky charm.  Is it a leprechaun?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can only be a lucky charm.  

[/quote]

We could do with a lucky charm  [:)] cause we''re getting so close every week, can only be a matter of time before we win again.

Fleetwood certainly let me down [N]  Certainly on a par with Chesterfield when it comes to shock value.Tough luck to our resident banana, you can''t really do much more than what you did.

Hey Eddie,

I have a bad feeling about my Man City pick tomorrow vs. Fulham. I picked in a hurry and on second thought, I''d like to pick Benfica HOME WIN over Martimo. Thanks!

Another blooming draw[:''(] Unlucky nana,good set of picks.Enjoyed the riskier side to your choices.

Hope you enjoyed Crofts special Birthday present[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

For the bet would I be right in thinking that cup games only count for the result at the end of normal, not after extra time?  What about for the PUP''s league?

[/quote]I take it you were following my pick?! If so then yes my nap of TNS in the welsh cup was 0-0 at the end of 90 minutes, so it would count as a draw at the bookies and on the PUPs league, regardless of them going on to win in extra time.I had actually planned to go with your Dudelange pick, but couldnt find any odds. They drew 2-2 anyway so looks like it wasnt meant to be for me this week! Unlucky as well Nana, a fine effort.Looks like GH''s pick didnt come in either, must be a large tie at the top!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Hey Eddie,

I have a bad feeling about my Man City pick tomorrow vs. Fulham. I picked in a hurry and on second thought, I''d like to pick Benfica HOME WIN over Martimo. Thanks![/quote]Bravo NYC! Good foresight.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]Hey Eddie, I have a bad feeling about my Man City pick tomorrow vs. Fulham. I picked in a hurry and on second thought, I''d like to pick Benfica HOME WIN over Martimo. Thanks![/quote]

Bravo NYC! Good foresight.
[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking. Benfica won 2-1. I know Justin''s pick was late this week because he was delayed but the fact that he thought about it and changed his mind is a great thing for the Free Bet.  On another week his post could well have helped the guy making the final selections to avoid a loser.

TNS counts as a draw. I haven''t entered the reults yet but I think after this weekends games Beauseqant will be the new clear leader of our league.

I''ll be back later [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Beauseant[:$]

[/quote]

Used to play in goal for Chelsea?

[/quote]

First goalkeeper to save a pen in an FA Cup Final!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Used to play in goal for Chelsea?[/quote]

[/quote]I remember a different side to his game - pretty sure we beat Chelsea away in 1992 3-1 and each goal was due to his "questionable" keeping...Not Robin of course, though with his height I doubt goalkeeper was top of his agenda...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Used to play in goal for Chelsea?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember a different side to his game - pretty sure we beat Chelsea away in 1992 3-1 and each goal was due to his "questionable" keeping...

Not Robin of course, though with his height I doubt goalkeeper was top of his agenda...
[/quote]

Maybe but Robin would have saved more that day!

Back for the last time this week.

Just want to say thanks again to Nutty and Tilly for giving me this chance to try and put money into NCFC, although it didn''t go to plan I loved every minute of it. I hope you all enjoyed being able to watch the results on saturday, I was getting updated all of the time from TGD [y]

Thanks again Lewis. I’m glad you enjoyed your week, I enjoyed it too. You were close to a bumper pay out. Just let down by two of the more fancied selections.

Now for the stats. 57 of us picked this weekend with 36 correct making a success rate of 63%. Between us we gave Lewis 28 different selections with 19 winning making a success rate of 68%. I think Lewis did as well as could be expected from the selections we gave him.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. Graham and Trent bothe came unstuck this weekend leaving the way clear for Beauseant to claim clear top spot. But there are 5 PUPs in second place waiting to pounce if he should make a slip. We’ve never had a league as close as this.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Beauseant[*] 24-27 89
Canary Cherub 26-30 87
Cosmic Twin 26-30 87
Graham Humphrey 26-30 87
Mr. Bump 26-30 87
Trent Canary 26-30 87
PurpleCanary 16-19 84
Inch High 25-30 83
Newyorkcanary 25-30 83
Norfolkbroadslim 25-30 83
Norfolkchance1 25-30 83
Ginger Pele 24-30 80
Scooby 23-29 79
Herman 19-24 79
Statto 23-30 77
Sports Desk - Pete 22-29 76
Davo 22-30 73
Fonejacker 22-30 73
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 21-29 72
Hughesy 21-29 72
Jed Exodus 21-29 72
Muddy funster 21-29 72
Pboro_Canary 21-29 72
Sparkos 21-29 72
Jimbo Jetset 18-25 72
Charlie Farlie 20-28 71
Excited Canary 17-24 71
Diesel Doris 21-30 70
Til 1010 21-30 70
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 19-27 70
NCFCStar 20-30 67
Lappinitup 18-27 67
Big Slob 14-21 67
Chelle 19-29 66
Obiwancanary 17-26 65
Duncan Edwards 15-23 65
Dogger 13-20 65
Delia''s Devonshire.. 11-17 65
City-Til-I-Die 18-28 64
Fellas 18-28 64
GMF 18-28 64
methcanary 18-28 64
Hissing Sid 19-30 63
Tony Da''Wonderful 19-30 63
Shack Attack 12-19 63
1st Wazzock 18-29 62
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 11-18 61
Scrimmage 9-15 60
Cityangel 17-29 59
Leedscanary 17-29 59
Yankee Canary 17-29 59
Mister Chops 15-26 58
The Butler 11-19 58
Kathy 15-28 54
I''m A Banana 16-30 53
nutty nigel 16-30 53
Blahblahblah 14-27 52
WITS 13-26 50

Your really climbing up the table not Nutty, only 56th place by my calculations, soon you will be right at the top :D

I don''t think I''ll make the top 40[:''(] Just as well because I never won when I made the final selections so my contribution is holding together a team of PUPs good enough to beat Billy[;)]

Looks like you will get your chance next season[Y] Keep it up and see how high you can finish. The PUPs who get over 80% are a great help to the folk making the final selections.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think I''ll make the top 40[:''(] Just as well because I never won when I made the final selections so my contribution is holding together a team of PUPs good enough to beat Billy[;)]

Looks like you will get your chance next season[Y] Keep it up and see how high you can finish. The PUPs who get over 80% are a great help to the folk making the final selections.

[/quote]

Oh in that case Nutty put me down for Barcelona every week[:$]

It''s really close though Graham!

The 80%ers picked 8 differernt selections last week, was a bad week with 3 losing. The previous week they picked 7 different selections and they all won!

Sorry about my pick, thought Leicester would definitely win that one, although i suppose from a Norwich point of view i''m glad they didn''t. I seem to be doing awful this season :(