Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

A Dielema for all of you

[quote user="Largey"]I may be entirely wrong, but to me King seems to be a much bigger idiot than Hughes.[/quote]Agree entirely.  Panicking and fleeing the scene of a traffic accident is one thing, sexually assaulting a woman is quite another.And if you read the account of what happened and the aftermath, he sounds like he handled things about as well as anyone could under the circumstances.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Hughes#Imprisonment(Incidentally, his age means we''d never be in for him anyway).

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I would cease attending games immediately if either of those convicted criminals were chosen to represent my team! [/quote]

Yeah, but you happily support Fry, a convicted fraudster criminal as a director![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I would cease attending games immediately if either of those convicted criminals were chosen to represent my team! [/quote]

Yeah, but you happily support Fry, a convicted fraudster criminal as a director![:|]

[/quote]I think if you can forgive convicted sex offender Marlon King (you said you''d have him at the club) despite what you''ve said previously about violence against women, you can probably find it in yourself to forgive a 17 year old for running off with someone''s credit card?

No.... but to go with this stupid post, i would rather go for

1. Drogba

2. Rooney

3. Tevez

4. Bent

5. Defoe

6. Carroll

7. Van Persie

8. Gyan

9. Dempsey

10. Zigic

[quote user="zemas tendon"]No.... but to go with this stupid post, i would rather go for

1. Drogba

2. Rooney

3. Tevez

4. Bent

5. Defoe

6. Carroll

7. Van Persie

8. Gyan

9. Dempsey

10. Zigic[/quote]FFS, you obviously missed Louis Saha, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, Kevin Doyle, Dimitar Berbatov, Mauro Balotelli to name but 5.

The person who said about Chris Martin not being whiter than white, oh sorry i must have missed the moment when he was convicted and went inside for sexual assault. You can hardly compare what Chris Martin done to Hughes and Kings offences. King has convictions for 14 offences which seems to be quite alot.

haha surely you knew what answer the majority of City fans would give before asking this question?I couldn''t give a monkeys what somebody has done in their past, as long as their behaviour is right when you are employing them and they produce the goods.  Of course most people in Norfolk would have you believe that they are whiter than white though.  They''re the ones you should really worry about!

well i just like the thought of cheering or supporting someone who''s a killer, or someone who''s been convicted of sexual assault, thats just something i would find very uncomfortable.

[quote user="Smudger"]haha surely you knew what answer the majority of City fans would give before asking this question?I couldn''t give a monkeys what somebody has done in their past, as long as their behaviour is right when you are employing them and they produce the goods.  Of course most people in Norfolk would have you believe that they are whiter than white though.  They''re the ones you should really worry about![/quote]Let''s not forget that oh so lovely song about Tony Martin that some of our fans still sing at away games. Surely they''d love to have King or Hughes at this club.Smudge - I agree with what you say about their behaviour being right when you are employing them to an extent but I personally would need to see a level of remorse. King does not have that. As I say, all for second chances, sometimes three or four, but fourteen? As a few other have pointed out though, I''m sure if King came to the club, scored the winner in the playoff final and got us into the Premier League and those 90 million big ones in the bank then everyone would be singing a different tune.

[quote user="Smudger"]Of course most people in Norfolk would have you believe that they are whiter than white though.  They''re the ones you should really worry about![/quote]Yeah, ''cos I''m sure the majority of City fans have been convicted of sexual assault or causing death by dangerous driving...

If Marlon King did score the winner, well we won''t because you won''t see him playing for Norwich ever, thankfully

What they did in the past is totally irrelevant, they have both served sentences for the crimes they committed. Whats the point in even releasing criminals from prision if they are refused the chance to reform their behavior. I would say no to both, because I don''t think they are good enough.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]What they did in the past is totally irrelevant, they have both served sentences for the crimes they committed. Whats the point in even releasing criminals from prision if they are refused the chance to reform their behavior.

I would say no to both, because I don''t think they are good enough.
[/quote]

Serving your conviction is fine, but disputing throughout, talking about appealing your conviction and NEVER showing any remorse regarding the offence you were convicted for, to me does not show that their behaviour has been reformed.

I don''t ever want Marlon King playing for our football club, Hughes isn''t even a question to consider he''s not good enough now for the Championship.

Would take King in an instance, just the sort of striker we need, powerful, pacey and a great finisher. Yes he''s done some awful things in the past, but i think if King came here and scored in most games and got us promoted, all those no''s would say that they were wrong.

Lee Hughes no chance,

Marlon King - On the outside: 14 convictions, 2 spells inside, wasted talent. Footballing ability: pacey, good finisher, scoring goals.

I''d take King if he got his attitude right and he acted as part of the team. On that basis, and that basis only. If he disrupted the dressing room, he''d be chucked in the ressies straight away until he apologised.

There is no comparison between either player only one beats women and rapes them, the other likes a drink which is not a crime...................I wouldn''t ever want king here  and i would take martin not scoring over that scum bag king anyday of the week.There is no excuse for what he done (king) none at all and he should never be playing football at any pro level in front children (what example is he setting) ????