Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

A Dielema for all of you

According to this website the general feel is we need a recognised goalscorer to play along side Holt?

So the 2 names I''m giving you are Marlon King of Conventry or Lee Hughes Of Notts County both proven at this level but both with a past.

Would you want either of them here?

Hughes no way, no just because hes not good enough but because he killed someone!

King im 50-50, hes scoring, we need a goal scorer. Id take him til the end of the season.

No. Also we must rememeber what a great team spirit we have; bringing in one of these players may not only upset the fans but also the players, disrupting the dressing room and causing more harm than good

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Pointless question really.[/quote]It''s not that pointless. It''s interesting to see everyone''s opinions on this. All our fans are banging on about bringing in a proven goalscorer, Marlon King is a proven goalscorer and is still scoring. The question was would you have either of the two players mentioned at the club.It comes down to whether you put the reputation of the club over success. I would rather look elsewhere but when it comes down to it, it''s a results game and Marlon King''s goals could get you the results.In answer to the original poster''s question my answer would be no. One''s not good enough and the other has shown no remorse for his 14 convictions and doesn''t deserve to be in his position in life. I''m all for second chances but 14? Even a cat would be dead 5 chances ago!

I would take Marlon King in an instant , playing very well for Coventry and putting his chances away .Bad boy yes but Chris Martin is hardly whiter than white and he doesnt score either.

[quote user="All Gunns Blazing."]A NONCE and a Killer, no thanks!!!![/quote]I always thought a Nonce was just of the touching of children persuasion. I have just been enlightened.

Although he is a great player at lower level, I don''t think Lee Hughes would be good enough for the Championship. He is slow and is getting on a bit now. Marlon King is good enough for this level, but I don''t think he would fit in well at this club, and I don''t think the fans would take to him.

What an idiot question

Proven as in previously scored

So when does a striker stop being proven ?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

According to this website the general feel is we need a recognised goalscorer to play along side Holt?

So the 2 names I''m giving you are Marlon King of Conventry or Lee Hughes Of Notts County both proven at this level but both with a past.

Would you want either of them here?

[/quote]

It''s entirely hypothetical because I don''t think we need a recognised goalscorer, what we need is Holt leading the line and our midfield to carry on scoring bags of goals.

But in answer to your question - no, and no.

King had his contract cancelled by Wigan after being convicted of sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on 29 October 2009, and being sentenced to eighteen months in prison.Incidentally, found this on the BBC site - he''s not the brightest, is he?

Former Premier League footballer Marlon King has

said "he will fight tooth and nail" to overturn his conviction for

sexually assaulting a woman in a club.