Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Robbie Blake turns us down

Not too disappointed with this to be honest, I reckon Lambert has made a few bids for out of favour players.

Cox has been mentioned and I don''t think that would be far off, other then that Waghorn is the only really other player.

I think Robbie Blake is too old anyway, not sure he will have too many goals in him. The only way I reckon we can get a good striker is to add the view to a permanent on the end of it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] [quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.

[/quote]Let''s have a little look here........

You told us how good Jackson and MacNamee were.....

You said Hoolahan was crap.....

So was Lappin.....

Russell Martin was a "dud"....

Bemoaned the fact that we let Darrell Russell and Spillane go.....

So, why not chat to whoever is in the girlie seat for leicester to see if you can learn something about football, before you pass any more opinions on players and make yourself look silly again? [:$]

[/quote]Smudger has picked out some quality players in the past with Ricky Lambert springing to mind.

[/quote]Nice to see you about Arthur, you''ve been quiet recently. [Y]

To answer your point, it''s easy to name decent players from other clubs, and smudger only knew about Ricky Lambert because WITS told him. [;)]

Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.

[quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.[/quote]

lol

I recommend Oombongo Bongibongi... just to get us used to the mass influx of overpaid foreigners who will be brought in if we go up.The Premier League stinks.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"] [quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.

[/quote]Let''s have a little look here........

You told us how good Jackson and MacNamee were.....

You said Hoolahan was crap.....

So was Lappin.....

Russell Martin was a "dud"....

Bemoaned the fact that we let Darrell Russell and Spillane go.....

So, why not chat to whoever is in the girlie seat for leicester to see if you can learn something about football, before you pass any more opinions on players and make yourself look silly again? [:$]

[/quote]Smudger has picked out some quality players in the past with Ricky Lambert springing to mind.

[/quote]Nice to see you about Arthur, you''ve been quiet recently. [Y]

To answer your point, it''s easy to name decent players from other clubs, and smudger only knew about Ricky Lambert because WITS told him. [;)]

[/quote]You''re like a dog with a bone lapps...I''d best be careful what I tell Smudger in future [:P]

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]And how much do you think Kevin Phillips is on a week, not as if Birmingham are going to let us have him for nothing and pay his wages for us.[/quote]Not as much as Dion Dublin was on.. or sibierski, or even Lansbury...thats another bonfire *issed on. Next!

[quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.

[/quote]Hahaha! You really think Darrel Russell would improve our team? That''s hillarious! [:D]

Let''s remind ourselves of what you said about Wes fifteen months ago........

"He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player!"

Still think you''re a good judge of players smudge? [;)]

hehehe...Ricky Lambert wasnt a bad call but not exactly risky was it? I reckon Maynard would be a good shout for next season but its hardly visionary/crystal ball time is it?

I think Jack Wilshire could even push David Fox to the bench if we got him in on loan. ;0)

Good proven striker at this level and it shows that Lambert is thinking like most of us sensible ones are in that we are a little short in the striker department. It also shows that Lambert sees this as a big big chance to bring back Premiership footy to Norwich so don''t believe all he says in the media!

I''d completely forgotton he even was at Bolton because of his lack of appearances in their 1st team!

For me the fact that Robbie Blake would rather play for Bolton reserves than come to a team with a genuine chance of going up says to me that he isn''t hungry enough!

A hungry Robbie Blake I''d of loved at Norwich but he isn''t!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/preston/9410577.stm

or you know, what.

I agree about Mackail Smith, he has some quality to him and could do a job at this level with us for sure. However he isn''t a realistic loan signing, why would Peterborough let him go at this time of the season on loan, even if there was a buy clause in the summer. Any sane club would keep their best players for the closing parts of the season.Keven Phillips as well as being on large wages has sat on the bench recently, there is no need for Birmingham to take the gamble and put him out on loan. Would we even want a player on loan from a prem club who had a call back option, i wouldn''t.I still don''t think anyone on here has made a better, realistic loan target than Blake.It''s interesting Lambert has a couple of trial players in at the moment, obviously means there is not much available on the loan market and he is exhausting every option possible. I wonder if he had any potential forward signings planned in Jan that feel through or had faith in his strikeforce then

[quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.[/quote]Anyone wondering whether to take you seriously or not should read this. One of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever seen posted on here.

yep.ridiculous indeed.Talentless waste of space. Any side with him in the first XI will never get beyond mid table obscurity.Im not K.Smith''s biggest fan but id have him in the side over Russell any day of the week

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.[/quote]
Anyone wondering whether to take you seriously or not should read this. One of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever seen posted on here.

[/quote]Surely no-one takes him seriously now do they? He said just the other day that he had always rated Russell Martin, but look at what he said last July........

"We are now looking pretty weak at right-back and have no proven experience at Championship level in Russell''s crucial position at the base of the diamond.

It would be a very big gamble indeed for Lambert to go with either Korey or Crofts at the base of the diamond week in week out in my opinion.  We still do not really have the players for a 4-4-2 in my opinion and both of these players are a loss to our midfield options which were starting to look pretty strong prior to the release of Russell/Spillane."

[:S]

And from the same thread........

" think that the diamond needs 3 players in the midfield who are strong in the tackle to work at Championship level.  I think Surman and Fox will offer a good mix down the left hand side.  At the moment though we have narrowed our options at the base of the diamond and down the right hand side drastically by letting both Russell and Spillane go.  Who do we have as back up to Korey down the right hand side of the midfield now?  Nobody!  We also only have Korey and the unseen Crofts who could possibly offer enough protection at the base of the diamond.  The lack of options on the right hand side of our midfield is also compounded by the fact that the only right back we have with Championship experience was deemed 2nd choice by relegated Peterborough last season."

[;)][:D]

I want a striker in as much as the next man, but I was pleased to hear Blake turned us down. Never really rated him and can''t see what he would add to what we have.

I''m sure he''s not the best striker out there available for loan. I''m starting to think I might be happier if we stayed as we are. Wilbraham MUST score soon, surely.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.

[/quote]Hahaha! You really think Darrel Russell would improve our team? That''s hillarious! [:D]

Let''s remind ourselves of what you said about Wes fifteen months ago........

"He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player!"

Still think you''re a good judge of players smudge? [;)]

[/quote]Team no, squad YES!Try reading what is actually written Lapp, instead of being a naughty dog all your life and barking out anything to suit your own agenda [;)]

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Smudger"]Ps.. would still have Darrel Russell back like a shot. Never been his biggest fan, but if we had another ball winning midfielder in our squad we would be in the top two now.[/quote]Anyone wondering whether to take you seriously or not should read this. One of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever seen posted on here.

[/quote]Surely no-one takes him seriously now do they? He said just the other day that he had always rated Russell Martin, but look at what he said last July........

"We are now looking pretty weak at right-back and have no proven experience at Championship level in Russell''s crucial position at the base of the diamond.It would be a very big gamble indeed for Lambert to go with either Korey or Crofts at the base of the diamond week in week out in my opinion.  We still do not really have the players for a 4-4-2 in my opinion and both of these players are a loss to our midfield options which were starting to look pretty strong prior to the release of Russell/Spillane."

[:S]

[/quote]Didn''t you rate the team that got us relegated Lapps?Maybe we should sign that wonderful striker David Strivakha back?  I remember you telling us how he was good enough to get us in to the play-offs when Roeder first signed him! [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]Didn''t you rate the team that got us relegated Lapps?

Maybe we should sign that wonderful striker David Strivakha back?  I remember you telling us how he was good enough to get us in to the play-offs when Roeder first signed him! [:$]

[/quote]That''s extremely feeble smudger! I gave you examples of where you had got things very wrong and backed them up with direct quotes. Instead of admitting your mistakes you try to cover them up with absurd allegations which we both know are untrue.

Humbug, all of it. [+o(] 

[quote user="Smudger"]Didn''t you rate the team that got us relegated Lapps?Maybe we should sign that wonderful striker David Strivakha back?  I remember you telling us how he was good enough to get us in to the play-offs when Roeder first signed him! [:$]

[/quote]That''s extremely feeble smudger! I gave you examples of where you had got things very wrong and backed them up with direct quotes. Instead of admitting your mistakes you try to cover them up with absurd allegations which we both know are untrue.

Humbug, all of it. [+o(] 

[/quote]Enough of us regular Nelson drinkers know how true they are Lapps.We all know that you like to hide what you think of the football on here and stick to the one liners... lolDid you not tell us how much we were going to miss the Doc after the Watford defeat at the start of the season for instance?

[quote user="Smudger"]Enough of us regular Nelson drinkers know how true they are Lapps.

We all know that you like to hide what you think of the football on here and stick to the one liners... lol

Did you not tell us how much we were going to miss the Doc after the Watford defeat at the start of the season for instance?

[/quote]Once again you avoid the questions and fall back on the Doc because I didn''t think he was as bad as you said he was.

Let''s try again.....did you get it wrong with Hoolahan, Russell Martin, Lappin, Spillane and Darrell Russell?

Yes or no will do........  [+o(]

Can''t find too much on Strivahka at all due to the update of the messageboard to the new server Lapps (not that there would have been much comment from you on football matters on there anyhow).  But forgive me if I have got this wrong, but weren''t you with the majority of fans with their concensus of opinion around this time ?That is unfortunately all I found when I typed Strivahka in to the search box.  Many were trying to make me out to look an idiot back then too, but take a look at what history tells.Were you not telling me that we were aiming for at least the play-offs for the 3rd consecutive season?Strivahka and Clingan were made out to be world beaters by many and they weren''t very good at all were they?

[quote user="Smudger"]Enough of us regular Nelson drinkers know how true they are Lapps.We all know that you like to hide what you think of the football on here and stick to the one liners... lolDid you not tell us how much we were going to miss the Doc after the Watford defeat at the start of the season for instance?

[/quote]Once again you avoid the questions and fall back on the Doc because I didn''t think he was as bad as you said he was.

Let''s try again.....did you get it wrong with Hoolahan, Russell Martin, Lappin, Spillane and Darrell Russell?

Yes or no will do........  [+o(]

[/quote]Hoolahan = yesRussell Martin = no although he has surprised me and had an excellent season.  I didn''t think he would make such a step up, but thought that he was excellent for us in the 3rd tier too and have never slated any of his performances for us.Lappin = no still not good enough for a team in the top half of this league, has only played so many games this season through injury and if we had better cover in this position and over areas then we would have defo been in the top two.Spillane = no a good youngster and we are still a little short of defensive options in centre midfield and right backDarrel Russell = no as we are still short of a bit of muscle in midfield in a hell of a lot of games this season.  While he would not have been our best midfielder if still here I am sure that he would''ve made a valuabe addition to our squad and this would have enabled us to have picked up a few more points this season that would have been the difference between auto promotion and play-offs.Are you going to admit that Elliot Ward, Whitbread and Barnett are all 100 times beter than the woeful Doc now???

[quote user="Smudger"]Can''t find too much on Strivahka at all due to the update of the messageboard to the new server Lapps (not that there would have been much comment from you on football matters on there anyhow).  But forgive me if I have got this wrong, but weren''t you with the majority of fans with their concensus of opinion around this time ?

That is unfortunately all I found when I typed Strivahka in to the search box.  Many were trying to make me out to look an idiot back then too, but take a look at what history tells.

Were you not telling me that we were aiming for at least the play-offs for the 3rd consecutive season?

Strivahka and Clingan were made out to be world beaters by many and they weren''t very good at all were they?

[/quote]What on earth are you wittering on about man? We''re not talking about Strivahka or Clingan but the players YOU''VE given your opinion on which turned out to be woefully wrong. Just admit it smudger then we can move on to tactics and formations where I''ll prove you wrong again! [;)][:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]Can''t find too much on Strivahka at all due to the update of the messageboard to the new server Lapps (not that there would have been much comment from you on football matters on there anyhow).  But forgive me if I have got this wrong, but weren''t you with the majority of fans with their concensus of opinion around this time ?That is unfortunately all I found when I typed Strivahka in to the search box.  Many were trying to make me out to look an idiot back then too, but take a look at what history tells.Were you not telling me that we were aiming for at least the play-offs for the 3rd consecutive season?Strivahka and Clingan were made out to be world beaters by many and they weren''t very good at all were they?

[/quote]What on earth are you wittering on about man? We''re not talking about Strivahka or Clingan but the players YOU''VE given your opinion on which turned out to be woefully wrong. Just admit it smudger then we can move on to tactics and formations where I''ll prove you wrong again! [;)][:D]

[/quote]This is Smudger you''re arguing with lapps, so why on earth are you expecting him to answer your questions? Think I''m just gonna get the pair of you together on Saturday and bang your heads together [:P]He does occasionally get some things right in his posts, like how good my baking is [:)]