Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Robbie Blake turns us down

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/8880574.Striker_turns_down_move_to_Norwich_City/?

Shame. Would''ve been a decent signing.

Good, cannot stand him. Almost started a riot ar Carrow Rd a few years back!

Yeah I can''t stand him either. Am I right in thinking that the ''riot'' game was the 1-4 at home to Bradford in the play-off season? I was right behind the goal in the lower Barclay, remember a load of people (literally) flying down the aisle from the back of the stand attempting to attack him as he gestured to the crowd!

I would say i can''t stand him but in the way that i''d say the same about Grant Holt if he played for another team. Doesn''t mean he wouldn''t be a great addition. And i think he would have been. He has scored goals wherever he has been and has the kind of experience you can''t buy. Saying we don''t want him is just sour grapes.Not forgetting either that if Lambert thought he''d be a good addition, that''s good enough for me.

Always make me smile when they say '''' ive decided to stay and fight  for my place'''' in other words I''m happy to sit on the bench and pick up my wages.

Turned us down isn''t really the correct terminology, if you read what what Owen Coyle said he didn''t want him to go on loan really anyway, it''s a bit of a moo point really! Yes he''s scored goals at this level but a 34 year old bench warmer is hardly the final piece in Lamberts jigsaw imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Just hype.........trust me.[;)][/quote]

So are you saying that Owen Coyle is lying when he says that we have enquired after Robbie Blake or are you saying that Lambert is just going through the motions to make it look like he''s after a striker.

Or are you saying that Archant are making up these stories ?

Or are you just being a msichievous ole Wizard [:)]

Good miss IMHO.

Shades of the Roeder era about this one. I would doubt his total commitment, despite any noises he might have made.

His presence would probably have disrupted the squad with high wages and a probable slot-in place upsetting a few others.

He might have done well, but like the majority of you folks, i''m not bothered about missing out on him. Ched Evans on the other hand....

Guys some of you on here really blow my mind sometimes. A1 i agree with you enitrely, hes a dick and has been to our club espicially over the years, however quality forward and at his age has the experience to help us witht he final push and can guarantee he knows where the net is blindfolded beteer then Martin has this season. Not even going to get onto the other forwards.Can any of you name a better loan signing who is also realistic. I have yet to seen one on this board. OC comments show how hard it is to get a quality striker, Blake hasnt made it near the bench for a while now yet OC stuill doesnt want to let him go, i am sure the chairman will be pushing for the loan though. It just shows this time of the season there is no risk in loaning out a player who could be part of their fight for survival in the prem. Well lower league teams are not going to let their best players go out on loanI was starting to think we wern''t going to make any loan moves and after this it''s going to be hard to find a better player than Blake to bring in. Shame he didn''t want to come, lets hope Holt stays fit and we stick with the 4 5 1

Experienced yes, but will he get us goals?

Years Team Apps (Goals)

1994–1997 Darlington 68 (21)

1995–1996 Waterford United (loan) 2 (0)

1997–2002 Bradford City 153 (40)

2000 Nottingham Forest (loan) 11 (1)

2002–2005 Burnley 120 (42)

2005 Birmingham City 11 (2)

2005–2007 Leeds United 77 (19)

2007–2010 Burnley 122 (19)

2010– Bolton Wanderers 8 (1)

His goals to games ratio is shocking!!

What a dreadful signing this would''ve been. Well past his best, which was hardly much of an improvement on what we already have anyhow.

I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.

[quote user="Smudger"]What a dreadful signing this would''ve been. Well past his best, which was hardly much of an improvement on what we already have anyhow. I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.[/quote]

I''ve seen it all now - it''s clearly time for Lambert to stand aside [;)]

I dont really understand why Lambert has tried to bring Blake here at this stage in the season.  Despite his age, if we had made this move at the start of the season for him to be a bit of a squad player and play games but not necesserally be a bang on starter each game I could understand because he is actually a quite a good player but I find it strange that we want this type of player for the final push.  He is 34 and isn''t fit, he doesnt have any pace and is more of a creative striker rather than a goal scoring one and at this stage of the season thats not what we need to bringing into the team.  We need someone with pace and who is likely to get a few goals and who can perhaps be a super sub as well.  Ched Evans doesn''t quite into the pacey, super sub part but he would definitely get us goals.

I like most people am glad Blake isn''t coming right now. 

Ched Evans hasn''t been that great either since leaving Man City. he is an average striker in a poor sheff utd side in my opinion. (13 goals in 63 games for the blades.)We need to push the boat out for a proven striker. Danny Graham would be good. (71 goals in 190 games and 20 goals this season so far) still only 26 so about to hit his peak.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Can any of you name a better loan signing who is also realistic. [/quote]Kevin Phillips37 years old now 493 appearences 224 goals... not playing for Birmingham... i suppose he is "too old" though is he?I''d still bank on him to score more between now and May then Martin and Jackson combined have already.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Guys some of you on here really blow my mind sometimes. A1 i agree with you enitrely, hes a dick and has been to our club espicially over the years, however quality forward and at his age has the experience to help us witht he final push and can guarantee he knows where the net is blindfolded beteer then Martin has this season. Not even going to get onto the other forwards.

Can any of you name a better loan signing who is also realistic. I have yet to seen one on this board. OC comments show how hard it is to get a quality striker, Blake hasnt made it near the bench for a while now yet OC stuill doesnt want to let him go, i am sure the chairman will be pushing for the loan though. It just shows this time of the season there is no risk in loaning out a player who could be part of their fight for survival in the prem. Well lower league teams are not going to let their best players go out on loan

I was starting to think we wern''t going to make any loan moves and after this it''s going to be hard to find a better player than Blake to bring in. Shame he didn''t want to come, lets hope Holt stays fit and we stick with the 4 5 1
[/quote]

I''ll again put forward the name of Craig McKail-Smith

And how much do you think Kevin Phillips is on a week, not as if Birmingham are going to let us have him for nothing and pay his wages for us.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="priceyrice"]Guys some of you on here really blow my mind sometimes. A1 i agree with you enitrely, hes a dick and has been to our club espicially over the years, however quality forward and at his age has the experience to help us witht he final push and can guarantee he knows where the net is blindfolded beteer then Martin has this season. Not even going to get onto the other forwards.

Can any of you name a better loan signing who is also realistic. I have yet to seen one on this board. OC comments show how hard it is to get a quality striker, Blake hasnt made it near the bench for a while now yet OC stuill doesnt want to let him go, i am sure the chairman will be pushing for the loan though. It just shows this time of the season there is no risk in loaning out a player who could be part of their fight for survival in the prem. Well lower league teams are not going to let their best players go out on loan

I was starting to think we wern''t going to make any loan moves and after this it''s going to be hard to find a better player than Blake to bring in. Shame he didn''t want to come, lets hope Holt stays fit and we stick with the 4 5 1
[/quote]

I''ll again put forward the name of Craig McKail-Smith

[/quote]Cracking goal for Posh at the weekend, already got what 20 plus, 27 years old.  Seems to tick alot of boxes.  Would they sell and if so how much?

[quote user="Smudger"]I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.

[/quote]Let''s have a little look here........

You told us how good Jackson and MacNamee were.....

You said Hoolahan was crap.....

So was Lappin.....

Russell Martin was a "dud"....

Bemoaned the fact that we let Darrell Russell and Spillane go.....

So, why not chat to whoever is in the girlie seat for leicester to see if you can learn something about football, before you pass any more opinions on players and make yourself look silly again? [:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I was looking at what was available on loan from the Premiership last night and decided that Blake defo wasn''t worth taking a gamble on.

[/quote]Let''s have a little look here........

You told us how good Jackson and MacNamee were.....

You said Hoolahan was crap.....

So was Lappin.....

Russell Martin was a "dud"....

Bemoaned the fact that we let Darrell Russell and Spillane go.....

So, why not chat to whoever is in the girlie seat for leicester to see if you can learn something about football, before you pass any more opinions on players and make yourself look silly again? [:$]

Smudger has picked out some quality players in the past with Ricky Lambert springing to mind.

[/quote]