Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Andrew Crofts

Not me, I always knew that Crofts was likely to be a good signing.Player of the season for me without a doubt.  Good that he has been moved to a central position again.  The best use of his talents are wasted out wide for me!Great to see Surman getting a good long run out too!

[quote user="now youre gotta believe us"]I remember when he signed, some people coming on here, saying things like " why are we signing a Brighton player?" "We need someone of Championship quality!" Well i think this guy is a perfect example of giving someone a chance before casting judgement!!![/quote]He was POTS at Brighton which said a lot for me.We all have differing opinions which enables us to discuss these matters.

Hes class, i dont think i commented at the time.  I thought perhaps he wasn''t the sort of player we should be after like a few others on here, but ever since Watford on that Friday night, the guys been brilliant,  Gotta be worth a couple of mil now.  Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair.  Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team...

[quote user="jed exodous"]Hes class, i dont think i commented at the time.  I thought perhaps he wasn''t the sort of player we should be after like a few others on here, but ever since Watford on that Friday night, the guys been brilliant,  Gotta be worth a couple of mil now.  Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair.  Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team...[/quote]I agree on Ward too Jed... [Y]Everybody said that I was mental a couple of weeks or so ago, when I said I thought that Ward and Whitbread were the best centre halves at the club.Well that''s our first clean sheet in a while.Like I have said all season, sort the balance out in midfield and we have a good defence.

I will admit when i heard i wondered why. But that was when i just heard name and club. Once i read reports on him and found where he''d come from i was excited about seeing him play.

He''s worked his way up, had to go out on loan a couple of times to work his way back in places and was regarded as a good passer of the ball which i knew would suit our style of play.

The fact he has managed to go unnoticed but now be one of the best midfielders in the league (IMO) shows just how much determination he has, which as Lambert has said before, a player has to show to be in his team.

A quality midfielder, a contender for player of the season and has chipped in with some great goals.. (and thats before seeing his goals from today!)

I was one of those people who didn''t give him a chance!  Love him now though!  8 goals is a great return.

So who else maybe might come good. I was firly certain that he would be ok after reading much of the stuff about his time at Brighton.

Was a bit unsure about Fox, which didn''t help when he seemed to be sidleined much of the earlier part of the season. Look at the hammering Ruddy was given, likewise the constant sniping at Russell Martin.

Sure there have been a few that are still waiting to deliver (McNamee) but maybe we don''t give the coaching staff the recognition they appear to deserve. Hope for ''Wilbrum'' yet.

ps would admit that I wouldn''t have thought of Crofts for player of the season or the one we would be desperate to keep hold off come May

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jed exodous"]Hes class, i dont think i commented at the time.  I thought perhaps he wasn''t the sort of player we should be after like a few others on here, but ever since Watford on that Friday night, the guys been brilliant,  Gotta be worth a couple of mil now.  Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair.  Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team...[/quote]I agree on Ward too Jed... [Y]Everybody said that I was mental a couple of weeks or so ago, when I said I thought that Ward and Whitbread were the best centre halves at the club.Well that''s our first clean sheet in a while.Like I have said all season, sort the balance out in midfield and we have a good defence.[/quote]

Didn''t Ward and Whitbred play in the games against Leeds and Donny too?

I still suffer nerves with Ward, sometimes he looks class and then other times, he lacks concentration and looks over confident, but if he was classier, then he would be playing for a Premiership team, and would have Barnett over him with Zak most games.

The midfield is the the key in this team, well any team, but we need the right balance in the centre and make sure we have sufficient cover for the defence.

[quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jed exodous"]Hes class, i dont think i commented at the time.  I thought perhaps he wasn''t the sort of player we should be after like a few others on here, but ever since Watford on that Friday night, the guys been brilliant,  Gotta be worth a couple of mil now.  Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair.  Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team...[/quote]I agree on Ward too Jed... [Y]Everybody said that I was mental a couple of weeks or so ago, when I said I thought that Ward and Whitbread were the best centre halves at the club.Well that''s our first clean sheet in a while.Like I have said all season, sort the balance out in midfield and we have a good defence.[/quote]

I still suffer nerves with Ward, sometimes he looks class and then other times, he lacks concentration and looks over confident, but if he was classier, then he would be playing for a Premiership team, and would have Barnett over him with Zak most games.

The midfield is the the key in this team, well any team, but we need the right balance in the centre and make sure we have sufficient cover for the defence.[/quote]Yes they were and both Whitbread and Ward have had excellent games against all 3 teams in my opinion.We have 3 excellent centre halves for this level at the club, get the midfield balance right and we will not conceed many.For me Ward has the edge on all of our centre halves when on top of his game.  I will admit Ward can have lapses in concentration occasionally.  I think prior to today though, Ward was being criticised unfairly, for having to cover the massive gaps that were left in front of him by an unbalanced and lightweight midfield.

In the summer I was disapointed that Russell was leaving cause he played a big part in last seasons success!

Likewise I was very underwhelmed when we signed his replacement, Crofts!

Crofts is a better player than Russell and I wouldn''t swap them now!

Apart from his skill, what impresses me most about Crofts is his drive and will to win which is superb!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jed exodous"]Hes class, i dont think i commented at the time.  I thought perhaps he wasn''t the sort of player we should be after like a few others on here, but ever since Watford on that Friday night, the guys been brilliant,  Gotta be worth a couple of mil now.  Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair.  Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team...[/quote]I agree on Ward too Jed... [Y]Everybody said that I was mental a couple of weeks or so ago, when I said I thought that Ward and Whitbread were the best centre halves at the club.Well that''s our first clean sheet in a while.Like I have said all season, sort the balance out in midfield and we have a good defence.[/quote]

The midfield is the the key in this team, well any team, but we need the right balance in the centre and make sure we have sufficient cover for the defence.[/quote]Yes they were and both Whitbread and Ward have had excellent games against all 3 teams in my opinion.We have 3 excellent centre halves for this level at the club, get the midfield balance right and we will not conceed many.For me Ward has the edge on all of our centre halves when on top of his game.  I will admit Ward can have lapses in concentration occasionally.  I think prior to today though, Ward was being criticised unfairly, for having to cover the massive gaps that were left in front of him by an unbalanced and lightweight midfield.[/quote]Ward is a decent centre back when fit, but doesn''t touch Whitbread in terms of quality as far as I''m concerned. He is sufficient, but the weakest of our 3 first team CBs from what I can see - although apparently fitter than the rest!

Just out of interest, what are your credentials in the game "Smudger"? You seem to have a lot of impressive knowledge - just wondered whether you have been there or thereabouts in something loca/non-league like the Ang. Comb. Premiership?!

We''re incredibly lucky to have 3 quality centre halves at this level and all heading towards their prime as well.

They''re all 26 so relatively young in centre back terms and will make mistakes.

Elliott Ward has all the attributes to play in the Premier League but he needs to cut out the lapses in concentration and the casualness.

[quote user="ting tong"]Crofty was assume yesterday. Anyone else notice he is the spitting image of dobbie the house elf from harry potter?[/quote]

I''ve never noticed that, but now you have brought it to my attention he does look like him!

Just watched his goal on the FL show - great goal which you could watch over and over again [:D]

[quote user="ting tong"]Crofty was assume yesterday. Anyone else notice he is the spitting image of dobbie the house elf from harry potter?[/quote]Very good! [:D] I''ll never see him any other way now!

On Saturday after his first goal, I chose to watch him for 5 or 10 minutes to see how he plays. He is just so incredibly focused, hard working and disciplined. I would suggest he is the model professional. [Y] What a man!

"Fantastic all action player, but knows where the line is, plays hard but fair. Its good to have players like him and Ward in the squad with leadership qualities right down the spine of the team..."

ward lol