Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

S.Smith as good as gone?

With comments like his in the article on the main page, that surely means he wants to stay in Scotland permanently?

He doesn''t even really make an effort to say he wants to come back, he is happy not being involved at all in the promotion push.

I''m sure not too many people will be upset if he goes, but i thought he may have had some potential, but if he doesn''t really want to be here, then fair play let him leave......

Its clear he had wanted out for a while because I think the penny dropped with him early that he wasnt good enough to oust Drury. So he was going as soon as Tierney signed as his replacement. Drury had recently extended his contract as well so there was no need for 3 left backs in the squad. Its good to see him doing well though because it hopefully means we can get rid of him in the summer quite easily. Who knows we might even get a fee. 

We are a better squad for him being replaced by Tierney. I thought he looked very shaky in games like QPR away plus we needed a more realiable player injury wise with Drury picking up a few knocks this season. Tierney also throws into the mix the ability to fill in at centre back.

Didn''t quite work out for him here.

Signed him injured, Drury was in immense form and then he got injured again. Finally Tierney then signs. Makes perfect sense really.

I think we signed him for 2 years? So more than likely should get a fee.

I don''t think he done badly for us to be honest, didn''t do a great deal but what he done wasn''t too bad.

I think can''t blame him, sometimes you don''t settle and moves don''t work out. Good luck to him, doubt he will come back due to Tierney being here now, but yeah good luck and hope he impresses at Aberdeen so we can get a decent amount for him.

Hopefully he will just leave come the summer. Wasn''t very impressed with his comments in his article at all. Didn''t really show too much respect for Norwich, just talked about Scottish football, which is one of the most pointless leagues in the entire world.

He sort of impressed me in what little I saw of him, but I got the impression he was more of a Wing Back than a conventional left back like Drury.

[quote user="bloomers"]Lets be honest,he was never good enough.Just shows how poor Scots prem is!!![/quote]You only have to look at Strachan''s signings for Middlesbrough to see how poor the SPL is, and those were Old Firm players!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So was Smith....[/quote]Sorry, badly worded. What I meant was that they were regulars in the Rangers/Celtic teams, and big names in the SPL, and still failed miserably in the Championship – the likes of McManus, Boyd, McDonald, Robson and Thomson.

I''m sure Smith thinks he''s a good player, i mean he had 50 appearances for Rangers over 6/7 years, and played in the champions league. He''s probably too good for us in fact :P