Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Southampton (h) 89-90

Really really good to watch that again thanks CR. If you put that game with the Sutton Utd game Roasario looks like a football genius!

I''d love to see the Millwall v Norwich game (2-3 I believe) where Fleck gets a last minute cracker. Was it for his hattrick?

Sutton United and Millwall were in the same week, January 1989. Wasn''t Teddy Sheringham playing for them then? Might''ve scored. Soccerbase.com doesn''t have many details for that season.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Really really good to watch that again thanks CR. If you put that game with the Sutton Utd game Roasario looks like a football genius!

I''d love to see the Millwall v Norwich game (2-3 I believe) where Fleck gets a last minute cracker. Was it for his hattrick?[/quote]

the other two goals were from Butterworth and Bowen in the first ten minutes , they got back to 2 -2 at half time and pummelled us in the second half - Gunn had a stormer , and we broke away for Flecky to score in the last minute for the win , Saint or Greavesie was the co commentator and gave MOM to Hurlock - to get out alive presumably

Great game

[quote user="gary "]

the other two goals were from Butterworth and Bowen in the first ten minutes , they got back to 2 -2 at half time and pummelled us in the second half - Gunn had a stormer , and we broke away for Flecky to score in the last minute for the win , Saint or Greavesie was the co commentator and gave MOM to Hurlock - to get out alive presumably

Great game[/quote]That''s next week sorted!

It''s been great to see these clips again. Strange how the way I remember things from when I was a child has been changed by seeing the clips again now. For example:

Rosario''s goal was much further out when I remember it, like just over the half way line...

Bryan Gunn wasn''t as good as I thought he was..

Beckford wasn''t nearly as bad as I remember..

The top flight then reminds me of the championship now in terms of quality albeit that there was a few really outstanding players back then - Beardsley stands out in these clips, but players like Ian Marshall at Oldham don''t seem to exist in the top flight these days.

Thanks again for posting.