Sign in to follow this  
natncfc

Ipswich Away

Morning all,

Never been to porta-loo road for EED before, how hard is it to get a ticket?

Not a season ticket holder what are my chances?

Your input would be appreciated!

Yeah I''d like to know this too. I''m a season ticket holder; been to 3 away matches, anyone know what my chances are?

It will be done by ballot and we normally get around 3,00 tickets.

All away season ticket holders and people who have 10 away stubs in the last year will get tickets the rest will go to a ballot and it''s pot luck.

I got one 2 years ago but last year didn''t for the Colchester or Charlton game (although i got in a Charlton in the home fans end and nearly got kicked out as I was celebrating promotion at the end lol)

[quote user="paulo79"]It will be done by ballot and we normally get around 3,00 tickets. All away season ticket holders and people who have 10 away stubs in the last year will get tickets the rest will go to a ballot and it''s pot luck. I got one 2 years ago but last year didn''t for the Colchester or Charlton game (although i got in a Charlton in the home fans end and nearly got kicked out as I was celebrating promotion at the end lol)[/quote]

Not quite correct Paulo as after those with ten stubs it is season ticket holders then members.It is only a ballot if those groups are oversubscribed.

I went a few years ago (the season after we were relegated from the Prem) and wasn''t a season ticket holder but was a member and got 2 tickets in the ballot, was very surprised to get them though. I very much doubt you would get one this year though espeically as we''re doing so well in the league. Also as we''ve had quite a big away following in most games this year i''d imagin there will be quite a lot of people applying in priority group 2 (season ticket holders with 10 away match stubs in the last 12 months). It''s worth a try though, never know.

Tickets almost certainly won''t go to those below group 3 this year.

Worth a try if you are in group 3 though, I was lucky for both

Colchester and Charlton last year. Got my ten stubs now so bring it

on...

It will be hard to get tickets this year as people who haven''t bothered going because of the stupid kick off times will be up for it this time. If you are not even a season ticket holder then I suspect you won''t get one unless a mate can get one for you. Hopefully with it being an evening game and everyone on the beers for the afternoon there will be a more lairy atmosphere and less of a happy clappy, "family" dynamic than in recent years!

I''ve been to most in recent years but in the home end. Perhaps I could book 3,000 tickets this year and get a few more City fans in

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I''ve been to most in recent years but in the home end. Perhaps I could book 3,000 tickets this year and get a few more City fans in[/quote]

Do it! Hull away will be my 10th- how many tickets can I book? I assume 1 or 2?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It will be hard to get tickets this year as people who haven''t bothered going because of the stupid kick off times will be up for it this time. If you are not even a season ticket holder then I suspect you won''t get one unless a mate can get one for you. Hopefully with it being an evening game and everyone on the beers for the afternoon there will be a more lairy atmosphere and less of a happy clappy, "family" dynamic than in recent years![/quote]Yes hope you are correct, I shall be in the PUB all afternoon  in Ipswich and will start the stagger down to the ground just before Kick off. Now if it was an afternoon kick off I would normally only have a couple. Stupid to change the game to an evening it''s asking for trouble, but I love it and can even hit Ipwich town centre after the game if we win.

ok do you need 10 away stubbs for this season? or for the previous 12 months, and is that the previous 12 months from the day of the Ipswich game? or 12 months from when the tickets go on sale? I''ve done about 7 away games this year, though going to Leicester next week so I should easily make the 10 stubbs but if not I have loads from last season. Thanks

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It will be hard to get tickets this year as people who haven''t bothered going because of the stupid kick off times will be up for it this time. If you are not even a season ticket holder then I suspect you won''t get one unless a mate can get one for you. Hopefully with it being an evening game and everyone on the beers for the afternoon there will be a more lairy atmosphere and less of a happy clappy, "family" dynamic than in recent years![/quote]Yes hope you are correct, I shall be in the PUB all afternoon  in Ipswich and will start the stagger down to the ground just before Kick off. Now if it was an afternoon kick off I would normally only have a couple. Stupid to change the game to an evening it''s asking for trouble, but I love it and can even hit Ipwich town centre after the game if we win.

ellis206 - It''s the previous 12 months from the date when you submit your stubs, so you could register them before the Ipswich applications open if the dates

work out better depending on what games you''ve been to. So guessing that the Ipswich applications might be open around the 1st April (3 weeks before the game), if you wait until then a

speculative guess is that the only stubs you could use from last season would be from Tranmere,

Orient, Charlton and Bristol Rovers.

I can''t make many away games due to work, so i''m always placed in group 3 which i believe is Season Ticket Holders with no away stubs. Out of the two times i''ve been there, i have been successful with the club once, and that was the season before relegation. So the chances are usually pretty slim considering our away form this year.

[quote user="Adam_2010"]I can''t make many away games due to work, so i''m always placed in group 3 which i believe is Season Ticket Holders with no away stubs. Out of the two times i''ve been there, i have been successful with the club once, and that was the season before relegation. So the chances are usually pretty slim considering our away form this year.[/quote]

Yes I will be in group 3 this season not done more than a couple away, I have a mate sorry to say who works at portaloo and he said they may send extra tickets this season,Pompy had 5000   

i would be very surprised if they gave us that many tickets but you never know . will be there anyway 1 way or another .have always found you can tickets if you try hard enough and try any avenue .

I take it stubs are the amount of away games you have made in a year, but what is this about registering them?

You have to take the actual ticket stubs to the ticket office (or I think you can post them) to get it registered on the system that you have 10 - the club don''t have a computer record of what you''ve bought.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]You have to take the actual ticket stubs to the ticket office (or I think you can post them) to get it registered on the system that you have 10 - the club don''t have a computer record of what you''ve bought.
[/quote]

ok thank you

Super stuff, so basically i have bugger all chance of getting a ticket!!!

Thanks for your help. in with the away fans it is then, cant be any worse than being in the kop with leeds fans!! surely!

I reckon if your a female,a pensioner or both you stand a much better chance of getting a ticket in the ballot. I''m going to apply in my missus'' name.

Its just a theory.

[quote user="natncfc"]Super stuff, so basically i have bugger all chance of getting a ticket!!! Thanks for your help. in with the away fans it is then, cant be any worse than being in the kop with leeds fans!! surely![/quote]

Believe me, it''s not fun. I did that last time we played them. Went 1-0 up thanks to Ched then they scored 3. Was hell in amongst the freaks

Must make a loud noise them lot clapping with 6 fingers on each hand..How did you control yourself when we went 1-0 up, and then what happened when they scored? Surely sitting there would have given it away?

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Must make a loud noise them lot clapping with 6 fingers on each hand..How did you control yourself when we went 1-0 up, and then what happened when they scored? Surely sitting there would have given it away?[/quote]

Like I said, not much fun.

Have now had an opportunity to enhance my acting skills away at Colchester last season...although I knew that lots of those around me were NCFC.

I reckon you could possibly expect more of the same Yellow Blood if you do it again this year. I think a few City fans might take over and help them out with their attendance.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Adam_2010"]I can''t make many away games due to work, so i''m always placed in group 3 which i believe is Season Ticket Holders with no away stubs. Out of the two times i''ve been there, i have been successful with the club once, and that was the season before relegation. So the chances are usually pretty slim considering our away form this year.[/quote]

Yes I will be in group 3 this season not done more than a couple away, I have a mate sorry to say who works at portaloo and he said they may send extra tickets this season,Pompy had 5000   

[/quote]

Not sure where your mate works at PR but he''s given you duff information. My friend works in the ticket office and assures me that Portsmouth were actually allocated 1500 tickets and only sold 900 of them.

For our game at PR we will be allocated 2200 tickets, 1700 in the upper tier and 500 in the family area lower tier.

They can''t allocate anymore than that as it would mean having to move their season ticket holders which no club would do.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Not sure where your mate works at PR but he''s given you duff information. My friend works in the ticket office and assures me that Portsmouth were actually allocated 1500 tickets and only sold 900 of them.

For our game at PR we will be allocated 2200 tickets, 1700 in the upper tier and 500 in the family area lower tier.

They can''t allocate anymore than that as it would mean having to move their season ticket holders which no club would do.

[/quote]

Binner...[;)]