Sign in to follow this  
YellowOne1

No need for a loan striker now

Unfortunately if Cardiff stuff the scum this evening it will be 4 points and an inferior goal difference. We have lost 7 points out of 9 at home to Palace, Preston and Doncaster and managed to lose to Hull and Portsmouth when they couldn''t buy an away win. Once again we are struggling to win even half our home games and that is just plainly unacceptable if you have ambitions for promotion..

Even one decent striker coming in on loan won''t change us from being a nailed on playoff side. It''s where we''ve been all season (bar one week).

We are no better nor worse than a playoff team but along with Leeds should be more concerned about Burnley, Leicester & Hull than Cardiff, Swansea & Forest.

Are ambitions weren''t for promotion, in fact the 5 or 7 year plan, we are still mean''t to be in League One

We all know home results haven''t been very good. But we are still in a very good position. Even if you ignore the plan, and where we were last season. 4th place is not bad, we have only got one ''good'' striker this season essentially. And even though Wes and Crofts have a few each, they aren''t exactly goal scoring manics. We (like most other teams) have had injury problems, i seem to remember having a couple of ''youth'' players on the bench once or twice. The defence has never been the same for long (Martin, Ward, Barnett and Drury was the number one, but how many times has that changed? Whitbread, Lappin, Nelson, Tierney even Askou have all chipped in with quite a lot of appearances in the back four this season.) Surman, who could have been a huge player for us this season, has missed most of it. Neither Jackson or Martin have added goals to the side. The midfield has been ever changing. Even during most games it changes at least once. I am more than happy with this season as a whole, and with 11 games to go, i still think we can get second place. The next 2/3 games could change that if we carry on with the current ''inconsistency'' but like normal, who apart from QPR has been consistent? and even they haven''t been ''wonderful'' a lot of the time)

Every teams ambitions are promotion ,  we are messing up what will be our best chance of promotion for years .Our home form is terrible almost as terrible as our strikers , and Holt needs to cut out the diving because its getting the club a bad reputation .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Every teams ambitions are promotion ,  we are messing up what will be our best chance of promotion for years .Our home form is terrible almost as terrible as our strikers , and Holt needs to cut out the diving because its getting the club a bad reputation .
[/quote]

Since COLIN spoke out about Holt he''s been treated differently by refs!

Ncfc Did you tell Hucks to stop diving/playing for the foul. Holt doesn''t ''dive'' he goes down to light touches, and he does it on purpose, to win free-kicks and penalties. Loads of players do it nowadays, its part of football, even Ronaldo does it, i don''t understand why he''s more than good enough to do other things as most of the time he proves.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Every teams ambitions are promotion ,  we are messing up what will be our best chance of promotion for years .Our home form is terrible almost as terrible as our strikers , and Holt needs to cut out the diving because its getting the club a bad reputation .
[/quote]

I shouldn''t bite, but I''m going to anyway.

SHUT UP YOU PRAT

[quote user=""]Ncfc Did you tell Hucks to stop diving/playing for the foul. Holt doesn''t ''dive'' he goes down to light touches, and he does it on purpose, to win free-kicks and penalties. Loads of players do it nowadays, its part of football, even Ronaldo does it, i don''t understand why he''s more than good enough to do other things as most of the time he proves.[/quote]

It''s a dive however you want to dress it up.

Holt has been rumbled by other teams and managers and now its payback time. We''re getting shafted and will soon drop out of the top six.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user=""]Ncfc Did you tell Hucks to stop diving/playing for the foul. Holt doesn''t ''dive'' he goes down to light touches, and he does it on purpose, to win free-kicks and penalties. Loads of players do it nowadays, its part of football, even Ronaldo does it, i don''t understand why he''s more than good enough to do other things as most of the time he proves.[/quote] It''s a dive however you want to dress it up. Holt has been rumbled by other teams and managers and now its payback time. We''re getting shafted and will soon drop out of the top six.[/quote]

A SUPERB 12TH POST

We actually climbed a position today

You can call it a dive if you want to. But please go and watch some other teams, and see if any of the best players in the world dive. I think you will find they do.

Never mind top 2, we can still get relegated!  We should have had enough points by now to avoid relegation[:@]  If we don''t get any more points (which is more than possible with our ''strikeforce'') we could still get relegated!  Wakey wakey morons[:S][:@]

Never mind top 2, we can still get relegated!  We should have had enough points by now to avoid relegation[:@]  If we don''t get any more points (which is more than possible with our ''strikeforce'') we could still get relegated!  Wakey wakey morons[:S][:@]

Well I bet Preston were quaking in their little booties when they saw Wilbrahaum and Jackson come on!If we do not splash the cash soon and get someone to partner Holt it really isnt going to happen and I know it will not be easy to find someone as all teams want someone to do this.But there are too many clubs like Hull Burnley and Leicester ready to get into this dog fight for promotion. We can not afford to keep dropping points at home

CJ who do you advise we ''splash the cash'' on in the loan window? No Championshhip club is going to give us a decent striker on loan. Lower league strikers will be a risk. And their probably isn''t anyone in the prem available.

Bristol City have already said they may cash in on Maynard , want promotion make them an offer they cannot refuse . We need a boost and i think we will be down to 6th by the time we play Bristol City Monday week . Maynard would lift everybody and he is a top class finisher at this level .

Strikers that score goals will be getting into there team surely? Unless we can get someone like Sturridge on loan that is a good player but can''t get into the team because of the immense quality the first team has then we aren''t going to find someone that will score the goals people want.

Ncfc, cashing in and getting a loan are two different things.

He is playing, and scoring for them (well at least he did today). They may well be willing to sell him in the summer, but i doubt they want him to go now?

Thats where the make them an offer they cannot refuse comes into it , loan with a permanent in the summer , they want to sell or would not have released the story .Plus they have managed most of the season without him so 12 more matches wont harm them .

Thats an option.

The only problem i see with that (If Lambert thought Maynard was good enough)is our position next season. If we stay down, he would be a great player to have next season probably. But is he the kind of striker we want if we go up?

That could be a big problem with trying that kind of deal in out position. A loan with a view to a permanent (depending on situation) may not work for Bristol, if they themselves can benefit from him for the rest of the season.....

Well he would be the best striker at the club so if he was not good enough none of them are , plus if we go up we can always treat ourselves to another striker out of our £90 million windfall  :-)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]CJ who do you advise we ''splash the cash'' on in the loan window? No Championshhip club is going to give us a decent striker on loan. Lower league strikers will be a risk. And their probably isn''t anyone in the prem available.[/quote]Well if I knew the right player I would not be on this forum posting messages as I would be earning lots of bucks telling LambertSeriously I would guess has to be a reserve Premiership player who just on edge of squad like Bellamy even if a game by game basis ie could be recalled assume from big club. Some one with skill to hold up ball in box etc

Well it just seems that striker isn''t available.

I''m sure Lambert is more than aware of the ''ability'' of the strikers, and i don''t know the exact strike ration compared to other clubs, but i assume its quite bad (although, based on what Ricardo said, BBC stats are probably very inaccurate.) And you would assume/hope he has tried to get someone in (I think he has been, he''s pretty much said it himself hasn''t he?), just no luck :(