Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Norwich Vs Preston - Same Starting XI as last week.

Good news. Come on boys!!

Looking at fixtures around us, could be a big weekend and a good chance to get some points on the board whilst others face potential banana skins...

A commonsense selection after last week''s great performance. We should win this game although of course it will not be easy.

Totally agree CD.

We do have the biggest potential banana skin, but we also have the biggest chance for a cricket score.

After last week''s performance I feel we have to be optimistic but never underestimate Preston. Ellington out for them, good news.

We have struggled at home against teams in the bottom 6 or 7 all season. 

If we are at home to a team in the bottom 6, 7 or 8 you can pretty much write it off as a draw or defeat.  It just doesn''t make sense when we can beat the better teams both home and away???[:S][:^)]  I am really at a loss to explain it......

Oh, what price for the luxury of a Billy Sharp in our team?  He was out injured for quite a while, scored 2 goals in his first game back and has just scored away at Leeds.  I also think Sharp would fit into our team quite well.  One can but hope[:(]  I don''t think Donny paid that much for him?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Teams in the bottom 6 are hardly going to go toe to toe with us at Carrow Road are they. Not only do the players have to patient but so do the fans.[/quote]

No, but how many points have we dropped at home to such teams? 

We need to be able to break teams down who just sit back and defend.  Especially the worst teams in the division, who you could rightly assume don''t have the best defences.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

If we are at home to a team in the bottom 6, 7 or 8 you can pretty much write it off as a draw or defeat.  It just doesn''t make sense when we can beat the better teams both home and away???[:S][:^)]  I am really at a loss to explain it......

[/quote]

Easy to explain really. The better teams play more open football against us which plays to our strengths as they are easier to break down. Teams such as Preston come for a point, pack the defence and catch us asleep on the break. This is exactly why I disagree with people that state top six teams playing lower league teams have easier games. It''s simply not true.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]Facts suggest, ''not quite'', having not won away against any of the top 13.I was hoping it was more a case of having played most the top half at home, and most the bottom half away in the earlier part of the season. However, i''m starting to lose faith in that little hopeful theory, i must admit.

[quote user="Alex"]Doncaster winning 2-1 ![/quote]

As I said on another thread, Doncaster are hitting a run of form. In a couple of weeks time they play QPR.[;)]

[quote user="paul moy"]

As I said on another thread, Doncaster are hitting a run of form. In a couple of weeks time they play QPR.[;)]

[/quote]Let''s look at ourselves first,...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Let''s look at ourselves first,...[/quote]

Agreed Paul, Billy Sharp back for them is a massive boost. And Fleck - quite acceptable to have a look around at what''s happening with our rivals.

think we need to change it! Id bring fox off and bring jackson on think he would get a couple of chances and possibly take one!