Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Quick Survey - Was Wes's Penalty Unprofessional?

[quote user="CDMullins"]As title,

Simple Yes or No required.[/quote]Quick Survey - Has CDMullins been waiting all season to have a moan about one of our best players? Simple Yes or No required.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]As title,

Simple Yes or No required.[/quote]Quick Survey - Has CDMullins been waiting all season to have a moan about one of our best players? Simple Yes or No required.[/quote]

See my post last week about Wes, I had nothing byt praise for him!

This is nothing to do with Wes, but the manner of his penalty!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]As title,

Simple Yes or No required.[/quote]Quick Survey - Has CDMullins been waiting all season to have a moan about one of our best players? Simple Yes or No required.[/quote]

This is nothing to do with Wes, but the manner of his penalty![/quote]Fine, but everyone knows it was a terrible penalty. I''m at a loss to see why we need a "quick survey" and/or what you are hoping to achieve.I suggest we draw a line under it, hope Wes is champing at the bit to make amends in a vital game on Tuesday.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]As title,

This is nothing to do with Wes, but the manner of his penalty![/quote]Fine, but everyone knows it was a terrible penalty. I''m at a loss to see why we need a "quick survey" and/or what you are hoping to achieve.I suggest we draw a line under it, hope Wes is champing at the bit to make amends in a vital game on Tuesday.[/quote]

Because Gingerpele is dumfounded that I think it was ''Unprofessional''

He should of stuck it in the corner , at 1-1 with time running out is no time to be showboating .Cost us a valuable 2 points.

If the game had been against anyone other than Preston, I''m certain he wouldn''t have tried it. Why? Because of this...[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0[/url]He only did it to try and rub it in to Blackpool''s local rivals once again and it''s ended up costing us two points - so yes I can only conclude it was unprofessional. But he''s without doubt our most creative and skillful player, and what worried me most was the way his head dropped and his game went totally after he missed it. I hope everyone gets behind him and we can all move on from this quickly.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I think a more suitable question for the survey would be:-

Was Wes Hoolahan''s penalty crap? Yes or No
[/quote]

Yes,utter dog-poop.Tried to be clever and mucked it up.Nevermind,he is still our best player and i think that he will get over it.

If he had NOT been so disheartened afterwards it would have been far worse - he obviously felt really bad about it or he wouldn''t have been so affected by it. He''d played so well up to then, in my view.

[quote user="Northluck C."]If the game had been against anyone other than Preston, I''m certain he wouldn''t have tried it. Why? Because of this...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0[/url]

He only did it to try and rub it in to Blackpool''s local rivals once again and it''s ended up costing us two points - so yes I can only conclude it was unprofessional. But he''s without doubt our most creative and skillful player, and what worried me most was the way his head dropped and his game went totally after he missed it. I hope everyone gets behind him and we can all move on from this quickly.
[/quote]

I hoped that would Jan Kermagant or whatever his name was....  I''d be gutted if one of our players tried that in that situation.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Northluck C."]If the game had been against anyone other than Preston, I''m certain he wouldn''t have tried it. Why? Because of this...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsz2onsrjK0[/url]

He only did it to try and rub it in to Blackpool''s local rivals once again and it''s ended up costing us two points - so yes I can only conclude it was unprofessional. But he''s without doubt our most creative and skillful player, and what worried me most was the way his head dropped and his game went totally after he missed it. I hope everyone gets behind him and we can all move on from this quickly.
[/quote]

I hoped that would Jan Kermagant or whatever his name was....  I''d be gutted if one of our players tried that in that situation.

[/quote]

Ah bummitch, i quoted the wrong one, meant to quote Mister Chops linky...

[quote user="Canarino"]If he had NOT been so disheartened afterwards it would have been far worse - he obviously felt really bad about it or he wouldn''t have been so affected by it. He''d played so well up to then, in my view.[/quote]Would you be saying that if Preston had broken and scored from one

of his many misplaced passes or failures to control the ball in the last

20 minutes? Agreed he was probably MOTM up until the penalty.

I wouldn''t say unprofessional, but if you''re gonna try and take a penalty like that, you have to get it right, because when you don''t, you get a reaction like this.And I agree that the main worry was that after the penalty, he gave the ball away every time he got it. Should''ve subbed him instead of Lansbury, as his confidence was shot to pieces.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]As title,

Yes. People are never satisfied

wouldn''t say unprofessional, but if he doesn''t feel confident finding the corner, then there should be someone else taking them.

just side note: when zola tried a trick penalty and got it wrong for Italy from memory it was important penalty and missed. He didn''t play again. (Just from memory, might be wrong).