Sign in to follow this  
Keith  Roads

smallish crowd today, come on

just read that back, so i better clarify, i mean i''m off to Leicester Tuesday instead of Norwich today.  I didn''t mean i''m off to Leicester today...

[quote user="Dan Druff"]If it was £18 for a ticket I would consider going.[/quote]

Strange comment. As I understand it that was the most actual Norwich fans that have attended a game since the stadium became all seater. Yes there have been bigger gates but large number of away support.

Nice to see plenty of you glad to give Leicester money to fund Yakubu and co but wont come to a Norwich home game to help our finances.

Its not about funding the team Lambert is King. Its about supporting your team, and some people obviously prefer the away atmosphere, and to some extent i can''t blame them (based on what i know about away games, i haven''t been to one for a while) sometimes at home games, its really quiet, i''m sure at least 75% of the chanting that goes on over the season is just abuse towards dodgy players/teams etc...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its not about funding the team Lambert is King. Its about supporting your team, and some people obviously prefer the away atmosphere, and to some extent i can''t blame them (based on what i know about away games, i haven''t been to one for a while) sometimes at home games, its really quiet, i''m sure at least 75% of the chanting that goes on over the season is just abuse towards dodgy players/teams etc...[/quote]

Sorry cant agree. Duff is saying he would go if it was £18 per ticket. If we would have done that today we would have lost around £100000 in gate receipts. 

Whatever you say about it, the team needs supporters for home and away games, I had a cracking day out at Leeds and i just figured it should be a more exciting game on Tuesday than today.  I''m happy with my decision, and so what if Leicester get an extra £30 compared to Norwich getting £30, my ticket aint gonna be the difference between us staying afloat or going into admin.  I may not be able to go to all games like some, but i''ve supported City since i was about 5, i dont consider myself any less of a supporter than someone who goes home and away. 

Anyway i''m over it, bloody glad a didn''t go to see Hoolahan mess up his party trick.

It was only one person saying he would go if it where £18.

If tickets where that low, it would sell out every game no doubt. But their not for a very good reason.

I didn''t go because train tickets cost too much/inconvenience a bit, so only go when i''m back home (although i came back for Ipswich game). You have to realise/accept that quite a lot of people don''t have much money at the moment, and have to prioritise games. Duff may not go to many games at all, others who go to ''some games'' probably chose to go to Leicester away rather than Preston at home, because it appears to be a better game.

[quote user="Keith Roads"]quite a lot of tickets available, grade b, start of run in I''m quite surprised[/quote]

Over 25570 there today so a good crowd but only around 100 from Preston.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Keith Roads"]quite a lot of tickets available, grade b, start of run in I''m quite surprised[/quote]

Over 25570 there today so a good crowd but only around 100 from Preston.

[/quote]

Have to say that that was probably the worst away crowd i have seen.

I know we put the extra seats in in the summer, so need to get the money back, but i think that the club are taking advantage of the fans a bit.. the ticket prices have gotten into stupid money!

Grade B for Preston! Bottom of the league! Thats Grade C at most!

I know a lot of people who have said they can''t afford to go anymore.. and these are young fans, and the club can''t afford to be putting off young fans..

It can while the team are doing well...  If form starts to drop, prices will, its pretty simple...  hence why they dont grade all the games at the start of the season, only 3 or 4 at a time...

Today saw the most Norwich fans at a home game since Carrow Road went all seater because there was only 200-300 Preston fans!

Just emphasises the fact we need a bigger capacity cause 25500+the 2-2500 extra away fans that a well supported club would bring + more Norwich fans = we need a ground capacity over 30,000!

If a fan has a limited budget which means they have to pick and choose the games they go to and has a choice of a home game against the bottom team in the League where its likely the atmosphere will be subdued or a midweek humdinger of a match against a good highly placed Leicester team when they''ll be a good atmophere then its obvious which game the limited budget fan will choose!

i was wrong - very good crowd against PNE - more than it looked on line. I think the casual prices are too much really, but it is about making season tickets and to an extent super memberships value for money. I wonder how many renewed their season tickets for the lounges where the prices have risen heavily?