Sign in to follow this  
The Chuff

Here's the bottom line!

Our goal difference is quite poor, goals scored aren''t bad, but goals conceded are pretty awful.

We make lots of chances, but only convert a handful of them. So, another striker who could get us a bag full of goals between now and the end of the season is a must. If we can''t defend very well, then let''s apply the ''let''s score more than them'' attitude, which will be great for fans and make for a really interesting end to the season.

Thanks for rewording something that all the fans have been saying since January. But we can say this all day long, but who can we bring in? Robbie Blake, who isn''t a 1 in 2goal/game ratio player.

Chris Martin is our best finisher, and when he returns he will comeback without any problems hanging over his head and will almost feel like a new player. Look at what hooly, martin and holt did last season they destroyed teams. They still have 11 games to do so.

I don''t agree with Chris Martin being our best finisher but do agree that we need extra help upfront (a striker with consistancy levels close to Holts!) and also agree that finding such a centreforward will be difficult!

Oh sorry about that, I''m new to this site! QPR, Cardiff and Leicester have all managed to attract prem quality strikers. We have the money there, it''s no good in the bank.

Have to say that you can''t attract Premiership strikers if you don''t go after them. QPR brought on Miller who scores and we brought on Wilbraham who didn''t score and never looked likely.  

The jury is out about PL''s striker knowlegde and acquisitions. Whats the name of the bloke who is heading up the scouting team, can I have his job please?

Bottom line not good enough for automatic by a long way but will make playoffs with ease. It will then be a lottery. Our GD is 13 better than Leicester who aspire to a top 6 spot so i think we are better than you make out

Isn''t that a huge contradiction? Not good enough for auto, but make the play-offs easily? Making the play-off easily in my books would go hand in hand with a strong challenge for at least second place...

No i dont think so. the points score board keeps ticking over 9 from the last 18 but that is well short of getting the 85 plus that would be needed to get second place. If we pick points up at the same rate 1.5 per game average which is probable then we will get about 75 to 77 which should put us 4th or 5th.

We are better away from home it seems but our away games are tough. we have had disappointing draws in the last 2 home games and we would have drawn the last 4 if not for last gasp winners.

I think we would have to have a terrible run not to get 12 points from our last games to finish top 6