Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Adam Drury.....

Is he just getting a rest, or do you think he''s coming to the end? I haven''t seen Tierney yet, but assume he didn''t do too badly last weekend. So could that mean Drury''s first team place is gone for good? Or is it too early to tell....

It''s early days but I get the feeling Tierney could be a serious threat to Drury''s long term place in the team.

I didn''t get that feeling about Steven Smith.

Tierney was MOM for me today.

He looked sharp, tackled like a freight train and got forwards well.

He was crossing from very deep towards the end but that was probably more because he and Martin were the only Norwich players sitting back and he had been told not to push on.

I think he is a deffinate threat to Drury.

I think its only a matter of time to be honest as Drury is getting on and didnt have the best of games vs Doncaster ( ignoring the OG as well cos lets face it, it happens )

Tierney is a definate threat to Drury, played well, gets forward, has a great throw in.

Drury''s been a great servant to us and deserves his testamonial, and he is still useful to have as part of the squad.  Hes still got a couple more seasons left in him, but lately his decision making has been poor.  Hes was getting into good forward positions then delivering a poor final ball.  He was turned inside out by Snodgrass at Leeds a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps he just needs a rest, hes no spring chicken, and had a couple of serious injuries which may be taking its toll. 

We need to start bringing someone through, because, imo, Drury would struggle if we went up.  Tierney sounds aggressive, works hard getting up and down the wing and sounds like he can deliver a cross, so its a promising start.  Good to have the competition for places.

[quote user="cityangel"]Tierney is a definate threat to Drury, played well, gets forward, has a great throw in.[/quote]

Yep he thew the ball well today!!!!

Lambert''s not the type to just drop players and bring someone else in. Drury has earned his place this season, and like last season he has been excellent. I think Lambert is purely resting him. If he has been dropped after the hiccup goal last week, then surely Hoolahan should be dropped after his pen? Just a thought.