Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Just to throw it out there.

I have been enraged the past 12 hours or so about the idiotic comments of here about Wes. Either you were blind for the first 70 minutes or you are stupid enough to think a penalty makes a players season, our man Wes was by far the best player on the pitch yesterday. I will not say the penalty was good, but then penalties are missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz5NhW7XNmI

Ronaldo was relieved of the Man U penalty job and dropped straight way? No. He went on to be sold for £80M that summer.

All I can say is that I love Wes for Norwich and that he should definitely remain the Penalty taker.

[quote user="zak123"]I have been enraged the past 12 hours or so about the idiotic comments of here about Wes. Either you were blind for the first 70 minutes or you are stupid enough to think a penalty makes a players season, our man Wes was by far the best player on the pitch yesterday. I will not say the penalty was good, but then penalties are missed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz5NhW7XNmI Ronaldo was relieved of the Man U penalty job and dropped straight way? No. He went on to be sold for £80M that summer. All I can say is that I love Wes for Norwich and that he should definitely remain the Penalty taker.[/quote]

Not just blind for the first 70 minutes for most of the season he has been outstanding. It''s ridiculous that he should be dropped for a poor penalty, Holt or Ward to take the next penalty. That should be the end of that.

Think this is a vast over reaction Zak.

Wes had a poor 70 - 90 and made a chronic choice to take that peno so badly.

That said, he has been fantastic in recent games and if hes getting judged surely he should be judged on the 90% performance rather than a crap peno ?

No question he should be in the starting XI vs Leicester and no question he should take the next peno.

He is class but made a mistake ( like every other human being ) end of ! :)

It wouldn''t be the PinkUn if people were not prone to massive levels of hysteria and doom-saying. The best thing to do is just take a deep breath and laugh at some of the idiots.Wes is a flair player and from time to time they do daft things that will impact one way or another on a game. We are usually a better team for having him in the side than without.

There is absolutely no way he should be dropped. He is clearly one of our best players and has been great this season. I would however like to see someone else taking our penalties and not just because of yesterday. Hooly is ok at pens but has never 100% convinced me from the spot just like Hucks when he used to take them.

I dont actually blame Wes for trying that type of penalty, my only critisicm is that he didnt do it with enough power so that if the keeper does go the wrong way (which he did), he doesn''t then have enough time to redjust himself and get back to it.

The missed penaly was one of those one where if he''d of scored we''d all be calling him a genius!

I''ll never critiscise Hoolahan cause he is one of our major players but I did have the biggest laugh of the day when he was awarded the man of the match - No not only for the panalty miss but for the way he completely lost the plot afterwards!

A mate of mine was saying this will be a big home win and I put him straight cause I always thought this would be a hard one!

Yes Hoolahans penalty miss was a big''un in the course of the game but the biggest one for me was the ref wrongly giving Preston a free kick(Brown fouled Ward so it was our free kick!) which led to their goal!

I said this on another thread but I will repeat it here. I really dont mind players making mistakes as long as they are trying to do the right thing. If Wes gives the ball away trying to go past someone or trying to play the killer pass then no problem. However attempting to chip a penalty was disrespectful to the importance of the situation. It was showboating which offers no benefits over a placed or firmly struck penalty. But what is done is done. If we are to go up this year Wes is absolutely pivotal to what we are looking to achieve. So we need to get behind him but just because he is our best technical player doesnt make him immune from criticism.