Sign in to follow this  
canaryfan68

Lambert on the FL Championship show

Just saw the interview given by Lambert after the game, is he starting to feel the pressure too? He looked very unhappy and wouldn''t look at the interviewer. Not quite a Keegan rant but not sure the all was well in the changing room after the game?

Just like to put on record that what PL and Mcnally have done in the 19 months here has been great.

So I am not knocking him, its just an observation from the interview.

What I got from it was that he was just unhappy with what the interviewer had said to him (which we did not see)

I''ve really seen Lambert happy to speak to any of the media. Always looks in a hurry to disapear from them.

Wouldn''t blame him either media generally twist words.

I was going to comment on this too.

My biggest concern after this game is that Lambert is looking more and more narked off and might just sling his hook and head to pastures new.

After the booing after drawing against Doncaster and his pre- and post-match comments after today, it looks like he''s getting fed up of being expected to win every single match (by fans and media) with a small squad on a shoe-string budget.

As he said "we drew a game. It''s not the end of the world". He''s just looking quite tired of it all which is looking very, very worrying

We can only assume the question posed annoyed him, he was defending his players, good man management. We had enough chances to win , sadly we didn''t take them.

I know there is a thread on Grant Holt but I was bang in line with the action, side view, he was pushed, clear penalty!

[quote user="Baracouda"]I''ve really seen Lambert happy to speak to any of the media. Always looks in a hurry to disapear from them.

Wouldn''t blame him either media generally twist words.[/quote]Funny how they don''t even show the question he was answering?

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers!"][quote user="Baracouda"]I''ve really seen Lambert happy to speak to any of the media. Always looks in a hurry to disapear from them. Wouldn''t blame him either media generally twist words.[/quote]

Funny how they don''t even show the question he was answering?

Is that the end of your promotion push?,  

[quote user="Rupethebear"]We can only assume the question posed annoyed him, he was defending his players, good man management. We had enough chances to win , sadly we didn''t take them. I know there is a thread on Grant Holt but I was bang in line with the action, side view, he was pushed, clear penalty![/quote]

Im sorry but i disagree with this defending of GH, yes he has been an absolute legend ever since his arrival & his goals are keeping us at the highest end of our expectations, but for a guy to go down under the faintest of touches when clean through on goal is indefendable, look, he''s one of the championships most powerful forwards but time & again we see him ''cleverly'' win free kicks all over the pitch after the slightest of touches, he was trying to take advantage of the increasing crowd pressure on an inadiquite referee by getting a pen & probably reducing preston to ten in the process. Every week we see it both live & on tv, players are trying to con decisions. Unfortunetely oppotunities like holts chance & the stupid penalty effort by holihan may just cost us big style in a few weeks time, I really hope im wrong.    

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Just saw the interview given by Lambert after the game, is he starting to feel the pressure too? He looked very unhappy and wouldn''t look at the interviewer. Not quite a Keegan rant but not sure the all was well in the changing room after the game?[/quote]I''m sure the players were frustrated, as they were after the Doncaster game. However, we rarely have two consecutive off-days under Lambo, and if we put in a good performance on Tuesday and get at least a point, it''ll be business as usual. Everyone other than QPR is dropping points regularly, and we''re still as well-placed as anyone to make a push for second. Just as Barnsley was a massive game after the disappointment of Doncaster, Leicester is now a massive game. Zak vs Yak could be a key battle, assuming Whitbread''s okay after his knock yesterday!

Lambert basically said in that interview "If you''re asking me to run players down after that performance, I''m not going to do it". I''d look pretty narked off if an interviewer had asked me to do the one thing I won''t do in that situation too.

I listened to Paul Lambert being interviewed by Radio Norfolk before the game yesterday. I thought that he sounded rather frustrated by the reporter even then, but kept that thought to myself until reading this thread today. I really hope that Paul Lambert and David McNally are not getting annoyed by the occasional booing and slight criticism that sometimes come to the surface. As both men have worked  for far larger clubs than Norwich City, it seems hard to believe that the so called pressure here is anything like that experienced at Celtic, where the manager can receive death threats or even Fulham when Mohamed al Fayed was owner. Paul Lambert often reminds us that we have come a long way under his stewardship in 18 months, I hope that he also remembers how far he has taken us and gives us another few years if we miss out this season.

......he said on Radio Norfolk after the match they were training today.....pretty standard when there is a mid week game. The performance was fine, just a lack of goals.......

Looks to me like the interviewer had either asked him how ridiculous he thought Wes'' penalty was, or about our inability to beat the bottom club - Lambert clearly wasn''t happy with the implication on our team and defended them. Seems like good management and nothing to worry about, but in typical BBC style we weren''t given the question that was asked so context is always going to be a guess!

[quote user="funny old game"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]We can only assume the question posed annoyed him, he was defending his players, good man management. We had enough chances to win , sadly we didn''t take them. I know there is a thread on Grant Holt but I was bang in line with the action, side view, he was pushed, clear penalty![/quote]

Im sorry but i disagree with this defending of GH, yes he has been an absolute legend ever since his arrival & his goals are keeping us at the highest end of our expectations, but for a guy to go down under the faintest of touches when clean through on goal is indefendable, look, he''s one of the championships most powerful forwards but time & again we see him ''cleverly'' win free kicks all over the pitch after the slightest of touches, he was trying to take advantage of the increasing crowd pressure on an inadiquite referee by getting a pen & probably reducing preston to ten in the process. Every week we see it both live & on tv, players are trying to con decisions. Unfortunetely oppotunities like holts chance & the stupid penalty effort by holihan may just cost us big style in a few weeks time, I really hope im wrong.    

[/quote]

Bearing in mind how Wes takes his penalties, perhaps Holt will now stop his ''cheating''.....

[quote user="adycanary"]I''d agree, he was pushed, right in front of me too[/quote]

In the commentary Neil Adams watched the replay of the incident and stated that Holt played for it and dived.  

When PL is interviewed, its the gaze of the man that caught my attention. He has been asked annoying questions before but he usually has a standard type of answer which was not evident yesterday.

Just seen the tribute to Dean Richards and brings a sense of reality back to the world of football!!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]He''s got them all in training today. So he is clearly not happy with the performance.[/quote]

Or perhaps he has got them training today because we have an important game away at Leicester on Tuesday night. Thus we need time to prepare for it and warm down properly before travelling to Leicester on the Monday evening. But you decide....