Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Are we missing Chris Martin?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Proposition: We would have won the Doncaster and Preston matches with Chris Martin in the team. What do you reckon? OTBC[/quote]

Maybe but he''s out for the whole of March so we have to get used to missing him.

Maybe.

He adds something different to the team. And based off other comments (and my view of the Doncaster game) Lansbury goes missing quite a bit. Surman hasn''t quite sparked yet (fitness levels surely something to do with that).

Both of those elements, means the Chris Martin''s build up play could have been very useful in these two games.

Thats unanswerable question but I do think we are missing him.

I don''t think we can say that we would or wouldn''t have won a game with x or y in the team.

Surely one could equally propose that a chelsea team with anelka, drogba and torres playing up front would sweep all before them, yet right now they can''t buy a goal between them.

What i would say however is that Chrissy was definitely starting to get his confidence back and had been looking sharper by the game since Burnley so i think it''s fair to say his absence now is a big loss. I think he would have hit the goal trail by now if he was still playing, but who knows. Maybe a fresh Chris Martin for April and May will prove to be a greater asset then than now.

We are missing him, it might not have changed the results and he might well not have scored in any of them, but he does offer something alittle different to the other strikers and is a threat. I''d much prefer him fit and providing an option with what we currently have.

Yes, definitely. The 4-5-1 formation worked well at Barnsley, and I think it will work well against Leicester on Tuesday, but for home games we need to take the initiative because teams generally sit a lot deeper. Martin is a big loss for home games I reckon, but his absence has at least unearthed a great formation for playing away from home. For all its qualities, though, this is one of the slowest Norwich teams I''ve ever seen - although they can zip the ball around wonderfully, aside from the out-of-sorts Jackson and McNamee, we''re sorely lacking in the pace department. For this reason I''d like to see Jackson given a start against Bristol City, unless of course PL can bring someone in before then.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Proposition: We would have won the Doncaster and Preston matches with Chris Martin in the team. What do you reckon? OTBC

[/quote]In your other thread you suggest we need two loan strikers in, but in this one Chris Martin is the answer. Confused or what?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Proposition: We would have won the Doncaster and Preston matches with Chris Martin in the team. What do you reckon? OTBC

[/quote]In your other thread you suggest we need two loan strikers in, but in this one Chris Martin is the answer. Confused or what?

[/quote]

Chris is out for several weeks.

Do keep up, Stalker.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Do keep up, Stalker.

[/quote]Still suffering from that paranoia Bly? You really should cut down on the ganja!

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/ganja_roz-1.jpg[/IMG]

No , we are missing somebody to stick the ball in the net , Martin is right up there with Jackson and Wilbraham when it comes to that.

Well obviously neither of Wilbraham and Jackson have the same ability on the ball as Martin but to be fair Martin has been very average overall this season.

We miss a striker who can come in alongside Holt and really do some damage.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]No , we are missing somebody to stick the ball in the net , Martin is right up there with Jackson and Wilbraham when it comes to that.[/quote]

Seems to me that CMartin gets a much higher percentage of his goal attempts on target than the other two. And he is pretty good with freekicks too.

OTBC

[quote user="YellowOne1"]No , we are missing somebody to stick the ball in the net , Martin is right up there with Jackson and Wilbraham when it comes to that.[/quote]

Have to agree with you yellow one, we aren''t missing Martin but somebody who can score. Martin hasn''t started in the team that often this season which suggests Lambert hasn''t always been that impressed with him.

Its noticeable QPR bring on Miller (from WBA) and he scores the winner whereas we bring on Wilbraham...to make up the numbers!! says it all.

We are running out of legs and play offs will be our best finish.

Too often people dont see what happens off the ball, chris martin makes a huge difference in the build up play just by making runs and other movement to create space for others

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]Too often people dont see what happens off the ball, chris martin makes a huge difference in the build up play just by making runs and other movement to create space for others[/quote]

From what I have seen over the past 2 years I must agree with you.

OTBC

Trent and Bly, I understand why you say that but we have not had any problems this season creating chances. Our achilles has been putting someone on the end of it and then into the back of the net, and Martin has not been that efficient at that this season.

How many games have we played teams off the park this season only to lose, Portsmouth and Hull. Even the QPR game we couldn''t find the net with so many chances.

I like what the Chelsea chief executive said at the transfer window, you buy a striker to score goals and a defender to defend and if the defender scores goals, well thats a bonus. Says it all.

Think Jackson should have gone out on loan for a month to get away from the surroundings to clear his head.

He is probably the best of a poor bunch of support strikers at the club at the moment. 4 league goals this season i suppose he may have got a 5th who knows. He gets the attention because he has come up through the ranks. If we had paid £500 000 for him last season i think most posters would be saying he is not a championship striker.

On his day he can be excellent but those days are too few and far between

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Trent and Bly, I understand why you say that but we have not had any problems this season creating chances. Our achilles has been putting someone on the end of it and then into the back of the net, and Martin has not been that efficient at that this season.

How many games have we played teams off the park this season only to lose, Portsmouth and Hull. Even the QPR game we couldn''t find the net with so many chances.

I like what the Chelsea chief executive said at the transfer window, you buy a striker to score goals and a defender to defend and if the defender scores goals, well thats a bonus. Says it all.

Think Jackson should have gone out on loan for a month to get away from the surroundings to clear his head.

[/quote]

He must be chuffed with the 50million he let be spent on Torres then.