Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

What game does Roy Waller watch?

Unable to go to Norwich, I often listen to / and enjoy Radio Norfolk''s commentry, however, after listening to the commentry and watching the game on Sky, I find his commetry to often be innaccurate.

ie, according to the commentry, the two goals we conceded from corners were "brilliant Downing corners that were impossible to defend", however from what i saw, the first was an average corner that didn''t make the near post, with Quedrue wanting to get his head on the ball more than Jonson, and the second corner being low, and poor, with poor marking (Jonson again) leaving quedrue to tap in.

As for Francis''s goal, it all came from "Brennan''s perfect cross". His cross was too high for Ashton, which led to Huckerby inadvertedly getting on the end of the cross. I enjoy RN commentry, and my opinions on some performances are based on the commentrys,

Having moved from Norwich to Brighton 6 months ago I find I actually miss Roy Wallers'' commentary on the away games I couldn''t make.

He''s like a dizzy old uncle who sits in the corner at a wedding reception talking nonsense. Annoying in ways, but amusing in many others with the occasional insightful and perspective altering opinion.

Niel Adams is the slightly embarrassed Nephew who tries to correct what he''s saying to protect him from ridicule.

no offence robbo

but they were brilliant downing corners. The entry from downing is incredable, that how you can believe they scored 2 form corners!

Sorry to disagree, but although i agree that Downing is one of the best crossers of the ball around, I still feel that it was poor marking and not great crossing that ked to the 2 goals conceded via corners.

Just out of interest Jonzey, what are you doing in Brighton? I left there 3 months ago after living there for 4 yrs

Hay man, I watched the highlights and I thought both Downing''s corners were driven in with great pace, it invited any players to put their head in to score. Jonson''s marking was definitely questioning once but twice, had to say he played so well against Liverpool and then, backed to some not very good display, perhaps need an elbow from someone for the forehead again?