Sign in to follow this  
pete

The Lansbury comments appear to be spot on

There were a number of posts recently questioning Henri''s ability, I previously defended HL but he did nothing yesterday to evidence my support he looked lost wide right and had  no impact on the game.  Maybe not the most effective position but PL has to play HLunder loan terms.  Centre midfield remember pass in the Ipswich game and get someone happy toplay right side. 

[quote user="pete"]There were a number of posts recently questioning Henri''s ability, I previously defended HL but he did nothing yesterday to evidence my support he looked lost wide right and had  no impact on the game.  Maybe not the most effective position but PL has to play HLunder loan terms.  Centre midfield remember pass in the Ipswich game and get someone happy toplay right side. [/quote]

Agreed Pete, I commented about 3 weeks ago that I thought that although Lansbury is a talented lad we shouldnt expect so much as he is still a work in progress, He goes missing for long periods of the game & in my opinion in homes he has unsettled the balance of our midfield, yesterday we lacked width on the right, previously Russell Martin provided this option (during his best period of form) comfortable in the knowledge that Korey Smith would hold his position & offer good cover, yesterday in the first half we were caught by a counter attack down the right with  4 against 2, but for the good covering of Tierney we could have gone a goal down, this led to Martin being less confident of getting forward. Away from home may be different, I went to Barnsley & we played some super football on the counter attack.

In conclusion at home most teams sit back, the most effective way to break them down is to play with tempo, get the ball wide & get around the sides / back, we have no reliable wingers (Mac'' only seems to produce from the bench) so fullbacks have to do the job, meaning wide midfield players have to give cover.  If there is an agreement with Arsenal that Lansbury has to play, then at home it may have to Fox that steps down with Korey coming back in on the right of 4 with Lansbury, Croft in mid & Surman on left with Wes given a free roll in the hole off Holt.   Away from home the system employed at Barnsley worked great & should be persevered with.

LMAO

So with Chrissy out injured and Wes / Holt un-touchable ??

You sad f****rs have to pick on Henri and make him your boo boy ??

Grow up guys.

Rediculous.

Henri will be a premiership player in the next 2 years, will Wes and Holty ? After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LMAO

So with Chrissy out injured and Wes / Holt un-touchable ??

You sad f****rs have to pick on Henri and make him your boo boy ??

Grow up guys.

Rediculous.

Henri will be a premiership player in the next 2 years, will Wes and Holty ? After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us ![/quote]

Henri will never be a first choice Arsenal centre midfielder!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LMAO So with Chrissy out injured and Wes / Holt un-touchable ?? You sad f****rs have to pick on Henri and make him your boo boy ?? Grow up guys. Rediculous. Henri will be a premiership player in the next 2 years, will Wes and Holty ? After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us ![/quote]

So a single bad penalty is the reason he still plays for us? Ohhh now i understand.

[quote user="pete"]There were a number of posts recently questioning Henri''s ability, I previously defended HL but he did nothing yesterday to evidence my support he looked lost wide right and had  no impact on the game.  Maybe not the most effective position but PL has to play HLunder loan terms.  Centre midfield remember pass in the Ipswich game and get someone happy toplay right side. [/quote]i bet Lambert doesnt have to play Lansbury under loan terms. He can play who he likes when he likes. i have never heard of such a silly rule before!

"After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us !"

Because he was the best player on the pitch yesterday? So that means it some sort of backward way thats a compliment toward us because he is with us as he has aspirations of playing the the premiership?

Nexus, stop being a Hitler. Everybody has opinions and everyone has a right to disagree with you. You put your opinion across so aggressively and make it seem that anyone who doesn''t agree with it is beneath you.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Henri will never be a first choice Arsenal centre midfielder![/quote]

Had the exact same convo on the way out of Carrow with my old man yesterday.

Read what I said.

Premiership player, I never said Arsenal ;)

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day HatTrick"]Nexus, stop being a Hitler. Everybody has opinions and everyone has a right to disagree with you. You put your opinion across so aggressively and make it seem that anyone who doesn''t agree with it is beneath you.[/quote]

THEY ARE !!!!!

Nah fair point mate. Just get frustraited when people point fingers and have a new boo boy every week.

To start on Henri just seems a bit tight to me !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Henri will be a premiership player in the next 2 years, will Wes and Holty ? After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us ![/quote]

Not convinced Henri is a dead cert to be a Premier League player, not first choice and in the team every week kind of level anyway. Go back 3 or 4 years and Andrew Surman was probably rated at the same kind of level that Henri is now.

He''s a good player and he''ll only improve but I think he''s got a fair way to go before a Premier League would see him as being in their first 11.

(Wes and Holty could be Premier League players - with us of course)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

THEY ARE !!!!!

Nah fair point mate. Just get frustraited when people point fingers and have a new boo boy every week.

To start on Henri just seems a bit tight to me ![/quote]But in the same breath you questioned Hoolahan and Holts ability.I agree about the boo boys, stretching back to Andy Hughes and before it seems some fans aren''t happy unless they''ve got a scapegoat.No excuse for it on matchday, it can only affect the team badly imo. It''s Lambert''s job to decide whos good enough, not the whingers who can''t manage a song all game, but miraculously find the energy to boo at the end.

Lansburys good but is over rated because he comes from Arsenal!

If he was as good as some are making out then he wouldn''t be regularly subbed and would do more!

Lansburys a different League to 2008 loanee Keiron Gibbs in that he actually adds something to the side and has end product to back him up but I remember having the discussions on here back then about Gibbs. I don''t care if Gibbs becomes the greatest player in the world, the facts are that during his time with us he was a complete waste of space who done nothing at all yet some fans with their "oh but hes an Arsenal player" blinkers couldn''t see that!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LMAO So with Chrissy out injured and Wes / Holt un-touchable ?? You sad f****rs have to pick on Henri and make him your boo boy ?? Grow up guys. Rediculous. Henri will be a premiership player in the next 2 years, will Wes and Holty ? After yesterday I think Wes showed us exactly why he still plays for us ![/quote]

Tee hee.. Was your hangover biting when you typed the above? It''s just that you appear a little angry. Whilst I agree that Lansbury will no doubt be a premier league player within a couple of years, I don''t think that it would be unrealistic for Wes to be aiming for the same place. Regarding Lansbury,it will be teams like Norwich and Watford who will experience the frustration of someone who is doubtlessly talented but goes missing for very long periods in matches, if not all the match. There is no way he is ready for Arsenal yet, personally I could see him ''doing a Bentley''.

Henri Lansbury is know doubt a fantastic player but he doesn''t show this for the whole game.  I know you can''t play awesome for a whole 90 minutes but you can make yourself known for 90 minutes.  Lansbury drifts out the game for long periods and sometimes when he recieves the ball it is a reminder he is still on the pitch.  When he does have the ball though he is class and is a fantastic talent I would just like to see him get stuck in a bit more and get a bit more involved.

If Wes had Premiership ambition he could have left for free at the end of season, Blackpool would have him back in a heartbeat, loved by all Pool fans.  Also any lesser lights of Prem would make overtures why signed new contract at City.  No he signs 3 1/2 years on a lower salary, has he found his level.  Also WH not going to get more Caps for ROI, Trappatoni doesn''t fancy Wes, perhaps he might know something?