Yeah, he was massivly improved from his 1st game for us when he was awful and replaced by crofts as the holding midfielder. He can spread the ball although he winds me up when he gets the ball from the CB''s when they are stood next to each other!

[quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]David Fox: Unsung HeroDiscuss...[/quote]Brilliant range of passing and noticed he seems to move the ball much more quickly these days - definitely makes us tick in midfield. If only he could bag one of those long distance strikes I think he would get a lot more attention!

He seems to me to be one of those players who does a good job week in week out, but never seems to get all the acolades that the other "big players" get! I''ve been more than impressed with him since Day 1... well maybe juat after the Watford game :)

Wouldn''t say unsung.  Hes done a job, but i wouldn''t say hes irreplaceable.  Unsung is someone who does a brilliant job week in week out without much praise.  Until a week or 2 ago, Crofts would''ve been unsung because other than our fans he wasn''t getting the recognition he deserves.  Now after that goal he is.  The unsung hero at the moment, in my eyes is Ruddy.  Doesn;t get anywhere near the attention or praise his performances over the last 3 or 4 months have deserved.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Wouldn''t say unsung.  Hes done a job, but i wouldn''t say hes irreplaceable.  Unsung is someone who does a brilliant job week in week out without much praise.  Until a week or 2 ago, Crofts would''ve been unsung because other than our fans he wasn''t getting the recognition he deserves.  Now after that goal he is.  The unsung hero at the moment, in my eyes is Ruddy.  Doesn;t get anywhere near the attention or praise his performances over the last 3 or 4 months have deserved.[/quote]

This is him you just haven''t noticed it, hence unsung.

I''m talking more from an outsiders viewpoint.  My point of view, i dont think we have an unsung hero, but if you ask fans of other teams who plays in our midfield, not many people can tell you.  Hence why i''d say Crofts was unsung until last week.  Fox has done well for us, but i dont think you can attribute our great run for just him, its been a team effort and hes just been a consistent member of that team.  Also, i think there is a real lack of competition for that defensive midfield position.  Its not Koreys best position and hes a little lightweight for that role.  Also Hughes hasn''t been fit and Gill and OTJ as we''ve seen are not really even league 1 standard, so while i accept hes done a solid job for us, hes not been in the same class as Crofts...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Yeah, he was massivly improved from his 1st game for us when he was awful and replaced by crofts as the holding midfielder. He can spread the ball although he winds me up when he gets the ball from the CB''s when they are stood next to each other!

[/quote]How can that possibly annoy you??  It''s what all midfielders all over the world who play that role do! It''s his job to get it off them and look for a pass to start the attack as he''s better at it than the centre backs

He''s a very good player and he''s the best passer of the ball we have had in a good few years.

His range of passing is impressive and so is his intelligence on the ball - the neat little one he played into Surman (which lead to the Holt goal) was very clever and classy.

Whilst he is doing really well and obsviously is a cracking passer of the ball, it seems our formation as been set up to fit him in the last few games.

Crofts is our heartbeat,

Lansbury Little bit of class (requested to play by Wenger?)

Surman Player weve missed

Hoolahan Spark

So them 4 pick themself. However because Fox as done so well its too hard to drop him, which is why weve played this 4-5-1/ 4-2-3-1 IMO.

Now I like Fox, but I dont think we should be changing formation just to try to fit him in.

[quote user="CDMullins"]. Now I like Fox, but I dont think we should be changing formation just to try to fit him in.[/quote]

If the manager is trying to fit anyone in I don''t think it''s Fox.