Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Ruddy - 7. Not a lot to do but was reliable when needed.

R Martin - 6. Blew hot and cold. One minute he would do some brilliant defending the next he would get turned by simple balls. Won us the penalty.

Ward  - 7. Improved massively over recent performances and was solid throughout.

Whitbread - 7. Typical strong performance until substitution.

Tierney - 7. MOM. Drury will be worried. Got forward quite well and covered a few times when others got caught out by the counter.

Lansbury - 5. Goes missing too often to warrant a starting place.

Fox - 7. Got stuck in with tackles today and sprayed passes all across the pitch.

Hoolahan - 6. Tough one to call. Was MOM until penalty and then fell apart completely. Really felt for him and the fans need to get behind him on tuesday. Couldn''t get down the tunnel quicker and is probably embarassed for getting MOM.

Crofts - 6. Was a bit quiet today but was involed in a fair bit of interlinking play.

Surman - 5. Still getting back to fitness but didn''t show any skill or flair that he has today.

Holt - 6. Very average performance and a pathetic dive in second half. Brilliant celebration to take the pi$$ out of Brown.

Subs: Edwards - 6. Must confess to not noticing him much which is probably a good thing. Won a fair few headers.

Wilbraham - 5. Usually defend him but was dire today, missed an absolute sitter.

Jackson - 6. Showed his desperation and drive to impress today. Won a lot of headers that Holt and Wilby should really b getting and was a bit of a nuisance for St. Ledger and Co. A starter for me tuesday.

Ruddy made one excellent save to keep us level and did nothing wrong with their goal so an 8 for me.

Tierney was excellent and at least an 8.

Edwards lost Brown for their goal while Ward was off the pitch so a 5 tops.

Jackson did nothing - it was Wilbraham who won all the headers - are you quite sure you know which is which?

Lansbury was absolutely dreadul and a 4 would be kind.

And finally, a 6 for Hoolahan? Usually our best player of course but the idiot who gave him MOM must be an Ipshite fan. The worst I have seen him play in ages - mediocre in the first half, truly dreadful in the second.

Ward wasn''t off the pitch when they scored. He was trying to wipe his blood on the fat b*stard Chris Brown''s shirt!

On a side note, As much as I love Wes, to see him get MoM at home from the bloody sponsors about 90% of the time is a massive joke! I swear they do not actually watch the game.

Wes wasn''t bad today! Definitely a 6 at least.

Not MOM though. He was a little off form to usual yes but you could see when preston started that the plan was to take him out a couple of times and make him scared to run at them. Which unfortunately i think he was after the 2 challenges in 2 minutes!

[quote user="sgncfc"]Ruddy made one excellent save to keep us level and did nothing wrong with their goal so an 8 for me.

And finally, a 6 for Hoolahan? Usually our best player of course but the idiot who gave him MOM must be an Ipshite fan. The worst I have seen him play in ages - mediocre in the first half, truly dreadful in the second. [/quote]

I think you''re being generous with Ruddy and harsh on Wes.

There was a couple of times in the second half when they put balls into the box and Ruddy was totally lost. He wasn''t sure what to do about them and it showed.

As for Wes, he was playing well until the penalty (which was the larger part of the match) infact you could probably argue a case that he''d been our best player up until that point. Obviously what happened after the penalty dragged it down quite a bit but I''d still say a 6 was fair enough.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

How was the celebration done to take the mick out of Brown? I missed the background to that one.

[/quote]

He was mimicing what Brown had done in front of the Barclay.

Most sponsors are thinking of who they''d like to meet and have their photos taken with after the game! Infact, I''m surprised neither Hucks or Dion hasn''t been MOTM more this season...

Think Tierney deserved a 8 and agree MoM.

Surman and Lansbury 6 they were not that bad.

Wes also gets a 5 ( under your logic ) but a 6 for me based on him falling apart for the last 30 mins.

Jackson is out of his league with any defender over 5''10 and 10 stone. He is to light weight and there is no way he should start for us. Rather see Wilbraham tbh.

''Jackson is out of his league with any defender over 5''10 and 10 stone. He is to light weight and there is no way he should start for us. Rather see Wilbraham tbh.''

Thats an extremely ignorant comment isn''t it?

Your saying any small player is useless when playing against bigger players? Please go and tell the best player in the world that. Its not about size, how do you think any small player manages? Its about the way the team plays, and so far Jackson hasn''t managed to fit into the team style very well. Which is quite possibly why he doesn''t start very often.

Nah GP, not small players at all.

Just Jackson, he always seems to lose heart when bounced off the ball by a defender.

Last home game he started he was bounced in the first 10 mins and went off to sulk in the hole rather than continue to get stuck in.

If i was generalising small players surely Wes would have been the first port of call ?

Again not to harp on about Cody Mac, but I think he could do a better job as he has the Jack Russel tenacity that Jackson lacks :)

[quote user="Wooftie"]Ward wasn''t off the pitch when they scored. He was trying to wipe his blood on the fat b*stard Chris Brown''s shirt! .[/quote]

Very childish, although i did find it funny. He needed to just forget about the blood until we had cleared the ball and then get treatment. Just shows why I wouldn''t have him in my team! If we was trying to wipe his blood on chris browns shirt he must have been marking him...Therefore his fault?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Wooftie"]Ward wasn''t off the pitch when they scored. He was trying to wipe his blood on the fat b*stard Chris Brown''s shirt! .[/quote]

Very childish, although i did find it funny. He needed to just forget about the blood until we had cleared the ball and then get treatment. Just shows why I wouldn''t have him in my team! If we was trying to wipe his blood on chris browns shirt he must have been marking him...Therefore his fault?

[/quote]

I have been a bit dubious about Ward but i thought he was good yesterday.Him and Whitbread worked well together.

How was the celebration done to take the mick out of Brown? I missed the background to that one.

He was mimicing what Brown had done in front of the Barclay.

The reason I ask is because I did overhear someone on friday saying they had asked him to do that celebration

Someone from the Down Syndrome football team asked Holt to do this celebration if he scored