Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Team for Leicester, will it include Whitbread?

Anyone have any idea on his injury? Up until getting injured he was brilliant, he won everything in the air and was good with distribution, I hope he returns sooner rather than later.

Another point, were we down to 10 men when they scored there goal? Was Ward changing his shirt??

Same starting eleven for Tuesday I hope if injuries allow?

Whitbread is ''touch and go'' according to the press conference today.Ward was definitely on the pitch when they scored - he ran off to change his shirt straight afterwards while PNE were celebrating.

If you have ever jarred your back you will know how every movement is painful, and really only rest or very gentle exercise will help the spasm to go away.

The hopeful sign was that he played on a little, with Ward dealing with as many headers as he could for both of them. When I did it, when young and playing on a hard pitch, I really thought that I had slipped a disc or something. Any movement was agony. Professional footballers are fitter and with better conditioned muscling. The physios also have all sorts of equipment which will help.

I would hope that for the Bristol match there would be no question, as it is a full week away, but for Leicester there must be a large question mark. It really has come too soon.

We must be relieved, for the longer term, that it is not another injury to his knees and legs.

Hope it''s okay, been a brilliant player for us, and being out that long I would be surprised if he even back to his best, probably a little rusty still at times.

I suspect he will probably be rested, not sure if it''s worth the risk, Edwards will be handed a full debut and Whitbread can just rest for a week. If he plays it could cause further damage and we will be back to two centre halves.

I think Leicester is a big game, we need to start finishing teams off!

Did something similar at Xmas time, fell on the ice feet straight up came down on the pavement from about 3 feet, still get chest pains when I sneeze, if I were to play I would still be injured.  Hope ZW not serious although just a tad younger should recover quicker, but still painful.