Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Billy Sharp - I want him at Norwich

Right, we have £2m to spend in the summer. Assuming that this is additional to whatever we would have had anyway. As far as I''m concerned we need to spend that on a goal machine. If we don''t go up this year it will be for one reason and one reason only, a lack of goal machines. Holt does the trick when you oil him up, but you always need a back up engine (particularly on a plane).If I could choose any striker in this league to stick a bid in for it would be Billy Sharp, he has spent the past 5 years scoring goals for fun at this level and is still only 25.  Donny bought him for £1.15m, I bet that £2m would do. My second choice would be Danny Graham, Watford are skint, we could probably snatch him for £1.5m. Lambert has proven that he can find a diamond in the rough when shopping for defenders and midfielders but if you want a goalscorer you have to pay for him, simples. Who would you be looking at?

there is some team who havent won under their currerent manager who if go down will not be able to afford to keep him and he may want to come back here and he knows where the goal is....

and he looks like he enjoyed it here too

[img]http://img.skysports.com/08/04/295x160/Ched_Evans_left_celeb_Norwich_v_Burnley_769487.jpg[/img]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

there is some team who havent won under their currerent manager who if go down will not be able to afford to keep him and he may want to come back here and he knows where the goal is....

[img]http://img.skysports.com/08/04/295x160/Ched_Evans_left_celeb_Norwich_v_Burnley_769487.jpg[/img]

[/quote]Good shout that. I would put Ched Evans as equal to Billy Sharp and Danny Graham actually, I''d take any of those three, all at a good age too. Whichever one comes cheapest I guess.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LeJuge"]Holt does the trick when you oil him up[/quote]Pervert.[/quote]

Homophobe.[/quote]Guardian reader.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LeJuge"]Holt does the trick when you oil him up[/quote]Pervert.[/quote]

Homophobe.[/quote]

Homeopath !

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LeJuge"]Holt does the trick when you oil him up[/quote]Pervert.[/quote]Do you ever sit and reflect on your past 5 years of pointless excessive trolling and think: "ya know, I could have achieve something with that time". Maybe a qualification, you could have written a book? Or learnt how to paint? Or play the guitar? Something meaningful which you could tell the grandkids about? Maybe even done a few extra shifts somewhere and used the money to travel the world. Instead your grandkids are going to hear you fantastic stories about a technology which will probably become the equivalent of a Beta max by the time you are old and grey. Food for thought though, isn''t it?

You know who is going to be in for Sharp come the summer , Jewell went to watch him the other night , supposedly wants him and Cox to be the front two for scum next season . That''s what would have made it so enjoyable had the Cox rumours been true.

I agree, a very good player, probably would like to come to Norwich as well.

I think it''s pretty dependant on whether there is competition when it comes to the transfer fee.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LeJuge"]Holt does the trick when you oil him up
[/quote]

Pervert.

[/quote]

When did Kathy change her name to LeJuge?[;)]

jackson+some cash for evans would do the trick? would be beneficial for all 4 parties involved.

Norwich) We would have a quality striker that would help fire us up/keep us up

Sheff Utd) they would have a good league 1 striker and would be spending much less on the wages

Evans) Playing at a high level and with a good team giving him more chance to get prem teams to notice him

Jackson) playing games, scoring goals which he isn''t doing here.

Disagree, I think we should keep Jackson, I still think he has a part to play at the club. He is 23 and I think he has a future here, I think this season would be different for him if City fans didn''t get on his back so quick.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But given th choice I''d have Evans over jackson[/quote]Shocker.Assuming there is actually a point to that post, are you suggesting we simply look to make a ''player for player'' swap?

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I wouldn''t, plus it''s not just that.

It''s money and Jackson for Evans[/quote]You would rather have Simeone Jackson over Ched Evans? Seriously? I don''t doubt that Jackson has plenty more to show than he has, but Evans has the potential to become the much greater player, age is firmly on his side for a start and we have all seen him moments of pure excellence.Ultimately, I can''t see why we would have to shift Jackson anyway. I am proposing the purchase of Sharp, Graham or Evans (preferably Sharp).  They are each entirely different players, but I would be happy with this 5:HoltSharpJacksonMcDonaldMartinBilly Sharp is the perfect partner for Holt, that still leaves us without the second big man, that is where Martin needs to man-up a little and learn how to throw his big frame around and put his head in where it hurts. McDonald and Jackson offer us something from the bench, Martin really needs to adapt to becoming a player in the Holt mould. Oli Johnson and Wilbraham are League One players in my opinion, whilst Daley hasn''t shown anything to suggest that he can play league football at all.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Disagree, I think we should keep Jackson, I still think he has a part to play at the club. He is 23 and I think he has a future here, I think this season would be different for him if City fans didn''t get on his back so quick.[/quote]

[Y]

Billy Sharpe would be great. Doncaster will probably stay up and if they paid over £1m for him would want to see a good profit on that so think a fee nearer £2m to £2.5m would be needed.

Evans looks the most likely to leave at the end of the season. Blades look doomed and paid £3m for him. They would probably have to accept half that figure. Anyone buying though would have to slash his wages.

Graham would add to any side in this division. watford are safe and he is one of the leagues top scorers so a lower premiership side may be tempted as we did for ashton. I fear his value may be nearer £4 to £5m and out of our reach. So in my book that leaves Evan and possibly Sharpe. Dont forget Patterson who has had a bad season and been frozen out at Burnley but who has produced the goods in the past £1m could get him

Paterson has been injured and many Burnley fans would not be particularly sad to see him go.

£1m for damaged goods would not be particularly good (short-term) business - our immediate need is for a proven striker who can hit the ground running. That, or no purchase whatsoever until the close season...

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]I wouldn''t, plus it''s not just that.

It''s money and Jackson for Evans[/quote]You would rather have Simeone Jackson over Ched Evans? Seriously? I don''t doubt that Jackson has plenty more to show than he has, but Evans has the potential to become the much greater player, age is firmly on his side for a start and we have all seen him moments of pure excellence.Ultimately, I can''t see why we would have to shift Jackson anyway. I am proposing the purchase of Sharp, Graham or Evans (preferably Sharp).  They are each entirely different players, but I would be happy with this 5:HoltSharpJacksonMcDonaldMartinBilly Sharp is the perfect partner for Holt, that still leaves us without the second big man, that is where Martin needs to man-up a little and learn how to throw his big frame around and put his head in where it hurts. McDonald and Jackson offer us something from the bench, Martin really needs to adapt to becoming a player in the Holt mould. Oli Johnson and Wilbraham are League One players in my opinion, whilst Daley hasn''t shown anything to suggest that he can play league football at all.[/quote]

My message was in reply to Banana, but yeah I would rather Jackson.

Ched Evans I don''t think is that good, think he is over rated, I think he was good in a terrible side for us, stands out at Sheffield United for the same reason.

I think Simeon Jackson with first team football would get 20 goals a season. I don''t think Ched Evans would.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Until I noticed the picture, I thought for one horrible moment you were suggesting we re-sign Chris Brown! [:S]

Very good player, can score goals in the box all day long, maybe a loan deal could be done with Jackson going the other way?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]
Until I noticed the picture, I thought for one horrible moment you were suggesting we re-sign Chris Brown! [:S]
[/quote]

ha ha, could have been him too [y] didn''t think of that!!

just read wiki, ill take billy sharp

Following Sharp''s successful loan period at the club Doncaster signed the striker for a club record fee of £1.15m on 7 July 2010.

He scored his first goal since re-joining the club converting a 90th minute penalty in a 1–1 draw against Bristol City. On 28 August he again converted a penalty, this time to give his side the lead just before half time against Hull City in a 3–1 win!

just what we need. [y] [;)]

Billy Sharp has a thing about Yorkshire i think the main reason he joined Doncaster was so he did not have to leave the area . Didnt he also come for talks at Norwich before turning us down to join Sheff Utd , very good striker but i dont see him ending up here.