Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

My Norwich City v Preston match report is now on www.dh6.co.uk

A good report Hucks and good to see your thoughts on the morans who choose to boo the team. Whilst there weren''t many some of the people on here ought to hang their heads in shame with pointless negative threads about certain players, hardly going to help their confidence and this is a confidence business.

So folks here you have it from the horses mouth, we are 11 games away from a possible promotion, time to back the lads, each and every game.

See you at Leicester, it''s my home game!

You missed out the referees shocking performance, how he failed to stamp his authority on the game early on, and how that nearly ended up in a bloodbath. Good aside from that though.

Good write up,cheers Darren.MOM for me was Tierney,but that''s just personal opinion.

[quote user="Herman "]Good write up,cheers Darren.MOM for me was Tierney,but that''s just personal opinion.[/quote]

Great write-up Hucks! Couldn''t agree more about booing. Booing whilst sitting in fourth position after drawing (not even losing ffs!) makes us seem like a load of spoilt, petulant five year olds who need to be taken outside for a parental ''square-up''.

We keep steadily picking up points in such a consistent fashion and we''ll be there or thereabouts. You''re right about people paying their money and having the right to do what they want but, equally, I pay mine so have a right to tell them what a bunch of c**ks I think they are.

Report is spot on in my opinion.

Thought it was/is a fair report and very pleased to see you agree that Holty should have been stronger. MOM Fox wouldn''t argue if only for the ball through to Surman.thought Wes was excellent until the Penalty miss. Bet he was pleased he had to do the after match bits!

Excellent report agree entirely..i have only ever booed once and that was after the colchester 7-1 cos i didn''t really know what else to do.. almost as bad as booing is the collective groaning whenever there is a misplaced pass ..some people should go and watch the harlem globetrotters waltzing round there hapless stooges or wwf wrestling if they don''t like it when things aren''t perfect [:D]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Herman "]Good write up,cheers Darren.MOM for me was Tierney,but that''s just personal opinion.[/quote]

Great write-up Hucks! Couldn''t agree more about booing. Booing whilst sitting in fourth position after drawing (not even losing ffs!) makes us seem like a load of spoilt, petulant five year olds who need to be taken outside for a parental ''square-up''.

We keep steadily picking up points in such a consistent fashion and we''ll be there or thereabouts. You''re right about people paying their money and having the right to do what they want but, equally, I pay mine so have a right to tell them what a bunch of c**ks I think they are.

[/quote] Blimey macd''s p - I don''t think I''ve ever seen you post as vehemently as that!And you''re dead right! Hux is eactly correct in his comments about fan reaction; it''s extremely annoying when results don''t go your way, but the margins between success & failure are usually minute & subject to luck. I mean, there was probably only a few miliseconds between Crofts brilliant goal last week & him volleying the ball out of the ground. If every game went to plan there''d be no reason to play.FFS, get behind the bloody team! They''re ALL doing their best!!OTBC!!!

I understood that the booing was directed at the referee and his assistants, who did a fairly hopeless job of running the game.

But still, never let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to disparage our own supporters. 

Be good to each other.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

I understood that the booing was directed at the referee and his assistants, who did a fairly hopeless job of running the game.

But still, never let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to disparage our own supporters. 

Be good to each other.

[/quote]Were you even at the game? There were clear boos when Wilbrahams name was announced and later when he was brought on as a sub. You weren''t were you? At the game?

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Be good to each other.

[/quote]

Were you even at the game? There were clear boos when Wilbrahams name was announced and later when he was brought on as a sub. You weren''t were you? At the game?
[/quote]

It doesn''t matter whether I was there or in Grenada, my friend.   Only God can judge, and I know what I heard.  Just because a legend has ears, it doesn''t mean they work correctly.

Be good to each other.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Be good to each other.

[/quote]

thats just the booers trying to justify themselves against the backlash.... hucks where do you stand on early leavers ?  [:D]

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Be good to each other.

[/quote]Were you even at the game? There were clear boos when Wilbrahams name was announced and later when he was brought on as a sub. You weren''t were you? At the game? [/quote]

It doesn''t matter whether I was there or in Grenada, my friend.   Only God can judge, and I know what I heard.  Just because a legend has ears, it doesn''t mean they work correctly.

Be good to each other.

[/quote]So you weren''t there. Good one, aren''t you special. God told you that Wilbraham didn''t get booed; only my god for 5 years was Huckerby, so god told me too. My new god is Grant Holt, and I''m sure that he would tell me that too. Be good to your god, and I''ll be good to mine ;)

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

Blimey macd''s p - I don''t think I''ve ever seen you post as vehemently as that!
And you''re dead right! Hux is eactly correct in his comments about fan reaction; it''s extremely annoying when results don''t go your way, but the margins between success & failure are usually minute & subject to luck. I mean, there was probably only a few miliseconds between Crofts brilliant goal last week & him volleying the ball out of the ground. If every game went to plan there''d be no reason to play.

FFS, get behind the bloody team! They''re ALL doing their best!!

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Hahah. Yeah it did wind me up [:D] My medication must have worn off - nurse! [:)]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Be good to each other.

[/quote]

thats just the booers trying to justify themselves against the backlash.... hucks where do you stand on early leavers ?  [:D]

[/quote]

I usually stand on them if they are on the floor in front of me. The ones that stand in front of me get a shove to help them on their way.

Decent match report as usual Hucks although I would have given my MOM to Tierney plus I''m surprised you didn''t mention the ref, he was shocking and lost control of the game in the first half.

Also I was a bit disappointed that you had a pop at the fans. The only booing I heard from where I sit was from the snakepit but that was quickly followed by '''' you dont know what you''re doing'''' so I''m guessing that was aimed at the officials. Was there some in the Jarrold Stand where you sit?

Sorry, but I get really angry and protective when us fans are criticised, the majority of the 24,500 Norwich fans who turn up week after week get behind the team, even in league 1 we turned up in our droves when other fans would have deserted their club. At every away game there''s often up to 2000 fans and when I''ve been there ( 9th away game tues night) they are always very verbal and supportive.

Maybe a few did boo, maybe a few did have silly expectations but you''re talking about a very small majority who are hardly worth a mention.

Unfortunately although I hope you are right CA, those boos were still heard and could be portrayed either as being aimed at the officials or at the players (which they certainly were against Doncaster).

Some fans need to seriously lighten up and get off their high horses if they think we should turn up and win every match, and subsequently boo if we do not. Do they think we have a divine right to beat teams at the bottom of the league? These teams were a division above us last season! Two seasons ago we were humiliated in this division, and now some select fans are making a fool of this club and the majority of us supporters.

[quote user="Largey"] and now some select fans are making a fool of this club and the majority of us supporters.[/quote]

Which is exactly why we dont need people starting umpteen threads about booing and bringing it to people''s attention, fans from other clubs read this message board and as you say it reflects badly on us all, even though we are talking about a very small minority or idiots

Loads of fans used to boo when Hucks played for us. I can remember beating QPR and our fans cheered opposition goals[:S]

Cityangel it wasn''t a pop, i''ve played in city teams when we deserved to be booed, and were booed, i said small minority booed, maybe most at ref, but it also wasn''t the Ref''s fault we missed our chances and Penalty,my real worry is expectation is gonna take over again, what ever happens this season the players have been brilliant,we can and might go up but it''s about building the squad up, and we''ve spent hardly anything, so to be where we are is nothing short of amazing

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]Cityangel it wasn''t a pop, i''ve played in city teams when we deserved to be booed, and were booed, i said small minority booed, maybe most at ref, but it also wasn''t the Ref''s fault we missed our chances and Penalty,my real worry is expectation is gonna take over again, what ever happens this season the players have been brilliant,we can and might go up but it''s about building the squad up, and we''ve spent hardly anything, so to be where we are is nothing short of amazing[/quote]

Fair enough Hucks, as I said I''m a bit protective when it comes to our wonderfull fans, I agree the players have been brilliant this season and its a good time to be a Norwich fan, lets hope we can push on and get over the finishing line, this could be the best opportunity we have to do that.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]Cityangel it wasn''t a pop, i''ve played in city teams when we deserved to be booed, and were booed, i said small minority booed, maybe most at ref, but it also wasn''t the Ref''s fault we missed our chances and Penalty,my real worry is expectation is gonna take over again, what ever happens this season the players have been brilliant,we can and might go up but it''s about building the squad up, and we''ve spent hardly anything, so to be where we are is nothing short of amazing[/quote]

Fair enough Hucks, as I said I''m a bit protective when it comes to our wonderfull fans, I agree the players have been brilliant this season and its a good time to be a Norwich fan, lets hope we can push on and get over the finishing line, this could be the best opportunity we have to do that.

[/quote]

It could be.  But will Bowkett and McNally be able to wrestle the funds from our beloved majority shareholders to bring in the firepower up front?  One thing''s for sure, Lambert isn''t a man to be kept waiting for long. [O]

Interesting that Huck''s agrees with Neil Adams and believes that the ref was right to book Holt.....